Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DB Cooper could be Forrest
11-27-2018, 02:43 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-29-2020, 07:02 AM by admin.)
DB Cooper could be Forrest
Here's a better link to read the book I wrote where I believe it's very likely Forrest could be db Cooper.

*removed by admin*

Please do not distribute as I'm retaining the copyright. Just looking for opinions, and possible ideas on how I could sell rights behind theory/book. It's what I consider fantasy fiction. I felt I made strong connections, but made up a story around those connections in order for them to be entertaining.

This link won't always be up here....

Over a hundred downloads now.... anyone want to add their opinions? I have more connections I couldn't fit in the book too, but it's been two years or so since I wrote it and would have to go into my old files..

Forrest after wanting to read every chapter as it was completed made me fear releasing it. Maybe he didn't expect so many connections. Mindy can attest, we felt from him that we needed to remove it asap. Never understood why, but he went from approving it and supporting it to don't let people read it or he'd campaign on hoD that it was completely false. I feel someone or something got in his head about it....but he knew it took a year for me to research and write. Sad all that work for nothing....but hope it entertains.
© Stephanie
11-27-2018, 02:32 PM,
RE: DB Cooper could be Forrest book with download
America loves her underdogs, especially non-violent criminals who get up to adventurous hijinks. Personally, I love the idea of DB Cooper, and I might actually think it'd be kind of cool to be considered the real man behind the legend.

I don't know how Forrest would feel about it. It seems like he may have given tacit permission on a personal level, but it's probably different when faced with a 500+ page manuscript, lol. I think the seed of the idea is strong. I just think you should change the identity to a fictitious person. You could have much more liberties in how you construct the yarn in that case.

My $0.02.
11-27-2018, 09:51 PM,
According to most accounts "D.B. Cooper" had no discernable accent. This is just one reason investigators believe he was Canadian. Fenn on the other hand has a pretty heavy Texas accent.
11-27-2018, 10:48 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-27-2018, 10:51 PM by findingit.)
http://helensedwick.com/how-to-use-real-...r-writing/

http://www.writehacked.com/fiction-write...ple-story/

I would argue that you make poor decisions. Calling something 'fantasy fiction' doesn't change a thing.

Sharing it on a forum might count as publishing.
11-28-2018, 06:59 AM,
If forrest wants to sue me, I welcome it. I would love the chance at discovery....calling wittiness'. By the way...I truly believe it's likely he is DB. Also, I have plenty of emails where he enjoyed reading it, whated to read it, an set up a meeting with a producer to produce it. I'm the one who turned that down because I'd lose control of it ever being told. He never even said not to publish it to me....he just got wierd about it and I actually thought someone could have been questioning him in regards to it and at the time felt maybe it would be kinder not to release it. I think it's more likely that one or two people got jealous and upset with him over it and to calm them down he dissuaded the idea.
© Stephanie
11-28-2018, 07:00 AM,
Dang....150 downloads. It's getting to be the best free seller ever lol
© Stephanie
11-28-2018, 04:14 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-28-2018, 04:15 PM by findingit.)
Your thoughts on discovery might be flawed. You can only bring up or ask for things that pertain to the lawsuit. The lawsuit would most likely be for defamation or invasion of privacy. Either way, the most likely thing you will discover is that things you would like to bring out don't pertain to his lawsuit. Also, anything discovered can be ordered to remain sealed by a judge. My opinion stands.
I'm not a lawyer, but I Google.
11-28-2018, 05:45 PM,
(11-27-2018, 09:51 PM)J Smith Wrote: According to most accounts "D.B. Cooper" had no discernable accent. This is just one reason investigators believe he was Canadian. Fenn on the other hand has a pretty heavy Texas accent.

I would believe he went through training to disguise himself, voice and eye color included seeing he got all the way to Major and was in the CIA per that ohio news article.
© Stephanie
11-28-2018, 05:49 PM,
(11-28-2018, 04:14 PM)findingit Wrote: Your thoughts on discovery might be flawed. You can only bring up or ask for things that pertain to the lawsuit. The lawsuit would most likely be for defamation or invasion of privacy. Either way, the most likely thing you will discover is that things you would like to bring out don't pertain to his lawsuit. Also, anything discovered can be ordered to remain sealed by a judge. My opinion stands.

Would you want to risk what could and couldn't be admitted into court if you did something wrong? I'm not sure he'd want to risk it...but maybe he would...I wouldn't care. I lost everything and I believe it's because he cheated me. I respect anyone else's difference of opinion about that...it's just what mine is and by saying that...it doesn't mean for one second I felt my worthy of finding it....or that anyone else shouldn't have. I wish there was a real treasure for everyone. I've made some really really great friends. Some people like to make me out as if I feel entitled...not one bit, but I don't care what "the hairballs" think....
© Stephanie
11-28-2018, 06:09 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-28-2018, 06:10 PM by Mindy.)
DB Cooper could be Forrest book with download
(11-28-2018, 04:14 PM)findingit Wrote: Your thoughts on discovery might be flawed. You can only bring up or ask for things that pertain to the lawsuit. The lawsuit would most likely be for defamation or invasion of privacy. Either way, the most likely thing you will discover is that things you would like to bring out don't pertain to his lawsuit. Also, anything discovered can be ordered to remain sealed by a judge. My opinion stands.

I can vouch for stephanie here. He encouraged her publishing it. He told me so in an email. He only wanted her to wait until she got a literary to publish because he said he thought it was good enough to get worldwide movie rights.

He wanted the story to go worldwide. I’m not sure why, but he did. He told me it was a great story.

I’m pretty sure his endorsement would negate any chances of him bringing a successful lawsuit against stephanie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mindy's YouTube Channel and blog:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMAnEYj...UN1I6me_0g

http://www.myeverwonderland.blogspot.com

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DB Cooper Podcast 3:00 EST TODAY! Mindy 0 827 04-24-2020, 01:28 PM
Last Post: Mindy
  D B Cooper Timraywa 20 9,788 08-23-2019, 05:13 AM
Last Post: admin
  DB Cooper News Beavertooth 1 1,574 02-10-2017, 11:13 PM
Last Post: Mindy