Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
Subtle Clues/Hints in TTOTC....
12-04-2018, 11:31 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-04-2018, 11:36 AM by Gordon Lightfoot.)
Subtle Clues/Hints in TTOTC....
Could he be talking about Ms. Ford's Spanish Class, the slide, and the "Brown" skid marks?? Could he be saying that there are maybe a few words in the Poem that need to be translated??? Like "Brown" for instance?? Hmmm?

Just throwing that one out there because no one believes me. Smile

"I can't tell you what Brown is, because you would go right to it." f
12-04-2018, 05:47 PM,
RE: Subtle Clues/Hints in TTOTC....
(12-04-2018, 11:31 AM)Gordon Lightfoot Wrote: Could he be talking about Ms. Ford's Spanish Class, the slide, and the "Brown" skid marks?? Could he be saying that there are maybe a few words in the Poem that need to be translated??? Like "Brown" for instance?? Hmmm?

I don't want to throw "cold water" (translates to Agua Fria) on your concept that concludes Cold Water Peak is WWWH. Seems a stretch to me -- maybe it's just a tangent.
12-04-2018, 06:14 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-04-2018, 06:15 PM by Chris Yates.)
(12-04-2018, 11:31 AM)Gordon Lightfoot Wrote: Could he be talking about Ms. Ford's Spanish Class, the slide, and the "Brown" skid marks?? Could he be saying that there are maybe a few words in the Poem that need to be translated??? Like "Brown" for instance?? Hmmm?

the quote is not correct. it was in reference to who, not what

who's Brown?

there's references to wood

you didn't answer my question. who's Brown?

well, that's for you to find out. if I told you that you'd go right to the chest

could be a nice hint there. and if you look up who posted the video on YT, could be a nice hint there too

and note that when he's asked "who", his first mention is of wood
12-04-2018, 07:52 PM,
When considering poem hints that may be sprinkled in TTOTC, I include the postmarks, the radio program, and a few other items. It seems like TTOTC contains a nod to the poem's use of Brown, but it is something other than the slide episode.

I do think Spanish language is a hint for figuring something about the poem.

YMMV Smile
12-05-2018, 06:28 PM,
(12-04-2018, 05:47 PM)Beavertooth Wrote:

I don't want to throw "cold water" (translates to Agua Fria) on your concept that concludes Cold Water Peak is WWWH. Seems a stretch to me -- maybe it's just a tangent.

Why is it a stretch, Beavertooth?

The warm waters from the Gulf of Mexico, Gulf of California, and the Pacific Ocean comes in during the hot months of summer in the way of warm water vapor towards northern Mexico and the Southwest United States, and the high altitudes and mountains stop those rivers in the sky as they head northward. And, it drops down as cool/cold rain. It's been happening for a long time now.....and, I don't see it stopping anytime soon. Of course, you may have other ideas, and you're entitled to them.

When Forrest Fenn looked out of Ms. Ford's window during Spanish Class, he was looking at the Big Picture, the "Big World" out there.

The water in all of those rivers I hear about in the chase wasn't imported by ship to their starting locations, my friend. Smile
12-05-2018, 06:57 PM,
(12-05-2018, 06:28 PM)Gordon Lightfoot Wrote: Why is it a stretch, Beavertooth?

The warm waters from the Gulf of Mexico, Gulf of California, and the Pacific Ocean comes in during the hot months of summer in the way of warm water vapor towards northern Mexico and the Southwest United States, and the high altitudes and mountains stop those rivers in the sky as they head northward. And, it drops down as cool/cold rain. It's been happening for a long time now.....and, I don't see it stopping anytime soon. Of course, you may have other ideas, and you're entitled to them.

When Forrest Fenn looked out of Ms. Ford's window during Spanish Class, he was looking at the Big Picture, the "Big World" out there.

The water in all of those rivers I hear about in the chase wasn't imported by ship to their starting locations, my friend. Smile

I think we all know your thesis Gordon. But the warm waters halt in the atmosphere, as it changes to cold rain. They don't change on the mountain. All mountains around there and all through the Rockies are the recipient of this cold rain that has been converted from warm moisture in the air. So under your logic, every mountain in the Rockies is where warm waters halt. And if the warm waters are halting because they are in clouds that hit the mountain and condense on the ground, then the entire surface of the mountain, along with the nearby valley that receives some of the rain directly, can be construed as where warm waters halt. So your thesis is true for practically the entire range of the Rocky Mountains, including the entire surface area.

Just because one of the mountains is named "cold water" is the stretch, in my view. But that is your solve, so good luck with it. Who knows, it might be correct.
12-05-2018, 07:28 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-05-2018, 07:28 PM by Becky from WV.)
@everyone - Did anyone ever verify that Miss Ford was indeed a teacher at FF's junior high school? I could be wrong, but I do NOT think that fact was ever confirmed.
12-05-2018, 08:09 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-05-2018, 08:32 PM by Beavertooth.)
(12-05-2018, 07:28 PM)Becky from WV Wrote: @everyone - Did anyone ever verify that Miss Ford was indeed a teacher at FF's junior high school? I could be wrong, but I do NOT think that fact was ever confirmed.

I always thought she might represent Miss "F" OR "D", based on the grades he was getting. Smile

As a followup to why I think Agua Fria Peak (Cold Water Peak) should not be considered WWWH, I offer the following.

It is a very simple answer/guess as to WWWH, assuming you buy into Gordon's atmospheric argument (which I don't). I can't imagine Forrest working on the poem and clues over 15 years, or even 15 days, without thinking "Darn. Agua Fria Peak is so obvious. Someone will come along and solve the whole thing in 5 hours [like Gordon did]. Even if they have to fly in to New Mexico, the chest will be found within a week. That sucks! I should make it a little harder to guess where WWWH is. Agua Fria Peak is the last place I should start the chase from."

He also probably would have said: "Maybe I should hide hints in the poem as to where the correct WWWH is. Make people work for it a little, instead of just guessing Cold Water Peak."

Or, since he had a specific place to hide the chest, if it required a person to start from Agua Fria Peak, he probably would not have used the phrase "Where warm waters halt" at all, because it was too easy to guess the answer. He could have constructed a different path to the chest, that didn't use WWWH.

IMO
12-07-2018, 04:03 PM,
(12-05-2018, 08:09 PM)Beavertooth Wrote:
(12-05-2018, 07:28 PM)Becky from WV Wrote: @everyone - Did anyone ever verify that Miss Ford was indeed a teacher at FF's junior high school? I could be wrong, but I do NOT think that fact was ever confirmed.

I always thought she might represent Miss "F" OR "D", based on the grades he was getting. Smile

As a followup to why I think Agua Fria Peak (Cold Water Peak) should not be considered WWWH, I offer the following.

It is a very simple answer/guess as to WWWH, assuming you buy into Gordon's atmospheric argument (which I don't). I can't imagine Forrest working on the poem and clues over 15 years, or even 15 days, without thinking "Darn. Agua Fria Peak is so obvious. Someone will come along and solve the whole thing in 5 hours [like Gordon did]. Even if they have to fly in to New Mexico, the chest will be found within a week. That sucks! I should make it a little harder to guess where WWWH is. Agua Fria Peak is the last place I should start the chase from."

He also probably would have said: "Maybe I should hide hints in the poem as to where the correct WWWH is. Make people work for it a little, instead of just guessing Cold Water Peak."

Or, since he had a specific place to hide the chest, if it required a person to start from Agua Fria Peak, he probably would not have used the phrase "Where warm waters halt" at all, because it was too easy to guess the answer. He could have constructed a different path to the chest, that didn't use WWWH.

IMO

"Your effort will be worth the cold," Beavertooth.

Not only have I figured out the first clue, but all 8 following it.

And, why shouldn't it be a simple answer, Fenn said, "to simplify," or weren't you paying attention.

Look up, not down because "If you can't guess the first clue, you might as well stay at home and play canasta."
12-07-2018, 04:43 PM,
(12-07-2018, 04:03 PM)Gordon Lightfoot Wrote: "Your effort will be worth the cold," Beavertooth.

Not only have I figured out the first clue, but all 8 following it.

And, why shouldn't it be a simple answer, Fenn said, "to simplify," or weren't you paying attention.

Look up, not down because "If you can't guess the first clue, you might as well stay at home and play canasta."

You never listen, do you, Gordon? Target fixation of the worst kind. Your simple solution is totally illogical (see my first discussion) and I explained why he would not have made it that simple.

My own WWWH is simple only in retrospect, but it takes a lot of work to derive it and be confident.

Good luck with your windmill!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TTOTC POEM CLUES bladeorion1262 5 770 12-05-2019, 08:51 PM
Last Post: Andrew Jef
  My hints/clues as a good bye gift DeeepThnkr 29 14,994 01-18-2019, 05:16 PM
Last Post: 5GIRLS
  Presby and the subtle threat posted against me on Harrys Bet 5 2,023 07-19-2018, 01:54 PM
Last Post: Riddlemethat
  hints/clues in the book stu 73 16,017 11-28-2017, 12:41 PM
Last Post: Beavertooth
  Clues in the TTOTC Conundrum OjoDude 3 1,907 09-11-2017, 08:22 PM
Last Post: OjoDude
  Hints, Clues & Searchers' Blues Larsonist 11 9,602 03-21-2016, 07:16 PM
Last Post: Larsonist