Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
Subtle Clues/Hints in TTOTC....
12-08-2018, 12:43 PM,
RE: Subtle Clues/Hints in TTOTC....
(12-07-2018, 04:43 PM)Beavertooth Wrote:
(12-07-2018, 04:03 PM)Gordon Lightfoot Wrote: "Your effort will be worth the cold," Beavertooth.

Not only have I figured out the first clue, but all 8 following it.

And, why shouldn't it be a simple answer, Fenn said, "to simplify," or weren't you paying attention.

Look up, not down because "If you can't guess the first clue, you might as well stay at home and play canasta."

You never listen, do you, Gordon? Target fixation of the worst kind. Your simple solution is totally illogical (see my first discussion) and I explained why he would not have made it that simple.

My own WWWH is simple only in retrospect, but it takes a lot of work to derive it and be confident.

Good luck with your windmill!

Target fixation of the worst kind, really now, Beavertooth.

And, why is my solution totally illogical? Explain. Oh, I'm sorry, you did, and now you're in Fenn's head. Excuse me.

Who says that I didn't put a lot of work into my solve? I've only heard a few searchers scratching on the rivers above then crashing back down to earth from there, loosing their way. I'm the only one to my knowledge that has stuck with the rivers/waters in the sky.
12-08-2018, 01:19 PM,
(12-08-2018, 12:43 PM)Gordon Lightfoot Wrote: And, why is my solution totally illogical? Explain. Oh, I'm sorry, you did, and now you're in Fenn's head. Excuse me.

Who says that I didn't put a lot of work into my solve? I've only heard a few searchers scratching on the rivers above then crashing back down to earth from there, loosing their way. I'm the only one to my knowledge that has stuck with the rivers/waters in the sky.

The illogical part is primarily discussed in my first comments about how the warm waters of your river in the sky turn cold in the air (not on the ground) and turn into cold rain in the air. So your theory works over the entire millions of acres of the Rocky Mountains. Yes, my argument then challenges your selection of Agua Fria Peak as the only spot that that then works with that concept. As I said before, that is quite a stretch of logic. In summary, that is why everyone else has abandoned your concept. It led you to a mud puddle with a great view of some electric power lines -- heck of a special place for Forrest, realllly special.

I note that you select one line of the poem in support ("worth the cold"). In my partial solve, I have identified at least 8 lines of the poem, including "worth the cold", that support one specific place for WWWH.

And you claim you put a lot of effort into your solve. I thought your claim is you did it in 5 hours. I reiterate, whether people use your atmospheric river concept or not, Forrest would never have used the wording in the poem if Agua Fria Peak is the answer to WWWH. It would have been too simplistic a solution, with the likelihood that the treasure would have been found in a week. In my opinion, of course.
12-08-2018, 02:52 PM,
im really gonna throw a curve at (your effort will be worth the cold) beavertooth you may already know the answer (your) effort will be worth the cold.... does not relate to any one searching for the treasure
******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
12-08-2018, 04:54 PM,
(12-08-2018, 02:52 PM)pidmt Wrote: im really gonna throw a curve at (your effort will be worth the cold) beavertooth you may already know the answer (your) effort will be worth the cold.... does not relate to any one searching for the treasure

Smile
12-08-2018, 06:24 PM,
(12-08-2018, 12:43 PM)Gordon Lightfoot Wrote: Who says that I didn't put a lot of work into my solve? I've only heard a few searchers scratching on the rivers above then crashing back down to earth from there, loosing their way. I'm the only one to my knowledge that has stuck with the rivers/waters in the sky.

You're suffering from a crisis of confidence. You know that your solution is wrong but rather than admitting it and giving up, you're trying to convince every one that it is right. It's a pretty common delusion in this hunt. Look at all the people who are incapable of critically viewing their own attempts at a solution. They don't bother looking at the other possibilities Because they know theirs is right, in spite of coming up empty time after time.
12-08-2018, 08:03 PM,
(12-08-2018, 06:24 PM)John Brown Wrote:
(12-08-2018, 12:43 PM)Gordon Lightfoot Wrote: Who says that I didn't put a lot of work into my solve? I've only heard a few searchers scratching on the rivers above then crashing back down to earth from there, loosing their way. I'm the only one to my knowledge that has stuck with the rivers/waters in the sky.

You're suffering from a crisis of confidence. You know that your solution is wrong but rather than admitting it and giving up, you're trying to convince every one that it is right. It's a pretty common delusion in this hunt. Look at all the people who are incapable of critically viewing their own attempts at a solution. They don't bother looking at the other possibilities Because they know theirs is right, in spite of coming up empty time after time.

It seems to me like everyone is coming up empty time after time. Does that mean no one has anything solved? Maybe people have looked at others' solves but don't think those solves are as good as their own. So they keep looking in the same area.
Maybe some have solved some or even most of the clues but not the last one(s). Does that mean that they really can't claim what they feel is most of the correct solve?

If someone gives me directions to an address in a faraway city and I make all the correct turns, go the right distances, pass the brown barn on the right, drive through the muddy creek bottom, get on the specified road number, get to the instructed city, but just can't (yet) find the exact address in that "correct" city, does that mean I CANNOT say that I've followed most of the directions to the given address? That's what many of you tell those who think they have most of the clues solved.
These are all just my ideas. I hope no one uses them.
12-08-2018, 08:50 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-08-2018, 08:55 PM by Gordon Lightfoot.)
(12-08-2018, 06:24 PM)John Brown Wrote:

Beavertooth, I didn't know that there was a time limit on how many hours you would have to spend on trying to solve the poem. In my opinion, I did a hell of a job.

Crisis of confidence, John Brown? I hardly think so. Fenn said that no one would find it the first time around, and for very good reason...you have no idea what you're going up against when you get to your area. I had no idea that oxygen at 10,000 feet could make me weak with a sick feeling, but it did. The second time around, I was at the right "there", but didn't have a plan B when I encountered and fell in heavy loads and water high, who would have figured that he was talking about, mud?? Like Fenn said, not the first time around. It takes getting there to know what you are up against.

And, even though there are power lines feeding Angel Fire just hundreds of feet away, doesn't take away from the beauty of the place that I saw which is surrounded by trees, two cold water springs (which I will need to scrutinized next time) which turn into streams which were close enough to each other that both of them can be heard if you sat down right between them. It's a nice enough place.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My hints/clues as a good bye gift DeeepThnkr 29 14,009 01-18-2019, 05:16 PM
Last Post: 5GIRLS
  Presby and the subtle threat posted against me on Harrys Bet 5 1,763 07-19-2018, 01:54 PM
Last Post: Riddlemethat
  hints/clues in the book stu 73 14,425 11-28-2017, 12:41 PM
Last Post: Beavertooth
  Clues in the TTOTC Conundrum OjoDude 3 1,688 09-11-2017, 08:22 PM
Last Post: OjoDude
  Hints, Clues & Searchers' Blues Larsonist 11 9,137 03-21-2016, 07:16 PM
Last Post: Larsonist
  Clues verses Hints Bet 16 9,636 03-10-2016, 04:40 PM
Last Post: glock20