Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
500ft common routes
12-28-2018, 11:53 AM,
500ft common routes
Feen has said that "lots of people" have come within 500ft of the treasure. He also said one person has come within 200ft, although it was not recently.

I'm curious as to your opinions on what the most common search areas are?

I've heard of lots of people looking at Bear trap canyon, Greyling creek, Ice Box Canyon, and Beaver Creek to name a few. Any other suggestions?
12-28-2018, 12:07 PM,
RE: 500ft common routes
(12-28-2018, 11:53 AM)Rion Wrote: Feen has said that "lots of people" have come within 500ft of the treasure. He also said one person has come within 200ft, although it was not recently.

I've heard of lots of people looking at Bear trap canyon, Greyling creek, Ice Box Canyon, and Beaver Creek to name a few. Any other suggestions?

Brown's Park Colorado
Valles Caldera
Spirit Mountain WY
West Yellowstone/Hebgen Lake
Sinks Canyon

The list is endless
12-28-2018, 12:18 PM,
(12-28-2018, 12:07 PM)Anon Anon Wrote:
(12-28-2018, 11:53 AM)Rion Wrote: Feen has said that "lots of people" have come within 500ft of the treasure. He also said one person has come within 200ft, although it was not recently.

Brown's Park Colorado
Valles Caldera
Spirit Mountain WY
West Yellowstone/Hebgen Lake
Sinks Canyon

The list is endless

Yes it is
12-28-2018, 12:35 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-28-2018, 12:39 PM by Beavertooth.)
Cimarron Canyon, NM (big time)

Yellowstone National Park, especially starting from Madison Junction (where the Firehole River -- warm waters -- ends by conjoining with the Gibbon River to form the Madison River). Also in Yellowstone starting from warm bathing waters, and/or anywhere near the Firehole River (warm waters). Note that the Firehole River really is warm due to being partially fed by geysers and pools that have 180 degree or higher water temperatures.

Vietnam Veteran's Memorial near Angel Fire, NM (Starting from -- based on warm tears halting at the Memorial) -- near Eagle Nest Dam at the top of Cimarron Canyon.

Also, the boundaries of the trout fishing waters in New Mexico. A state agency publishes a map that distinguishes between cold waters (trout fishing waters) and warmer waters in establishing fishing rules. Many have used these boundaries as a starting point for where warm waters halt.
12-28-2018, 01:10 PM,
Remember, white water rivers could also fall into this grouping. If the chest is located in a canyon, water typically is what created the canyon and it may well be a popular rafting river.

If the chest is located 500' from the far side shore line, it could be 200' from the inside shoreline.

Just a thought.
12-28-2018, 02:53 PM,
500 ft from the road
12-29-2018, 03:11 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-29-2018, 03:19 AM by easternOHsteve.)
(12-28-2018, 12:35 PM)Beavertooth Wrote: Cimarron Canyon, NM (big time)

Yellowstone National Park, especially starting from Madison Junction (where the Firehole River -- warm waters -- ends by conjoining with the Gibbon River to form the Madison River). Also in Yellowstone starting from warm bathing waters, and/or anywhere near the Firehole River (warm waters). Note that the Firehole River really is warm due to being partially fed by geysers and pools that have 180 degree or higher water temperatures.

Vietnam Veteran's Memorial near Angel Fire, NM (Starting from -- based on warm tears halting at the Memorial) -- near Eagle Nest Dam at the top of Cimarron Canyon.

Also, the boundaries of the trout fishing waters in New Mexico. A state agency publishes a map that distinguishes between cold waters (trout fishing waters) and warmer waters in establishing fishing rules. Many have used these boundaries as a starting point for where warm waters halt.

@Beavertooth
ssssh, don't wake everyone. LOL Most reject the trout idea. I was looking in the Kiowa Grasslands area the first three days, lol... But I do believe BLM managed areas would be where "IT" resides.
@Gonealone
Don't restrict your search to 500' off of a road; I don't think it is that near to a drivable roadway. It is likely a quarter mile off the road but within 500' of a walkway. I always say in my trip because it sounds better than solve; but the radial is taken fom another location and it crosses that walkway.
just saying ss

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Have in common... 5GIRLS 2 758 04-28-2019, 06:35 AM
Last Post: SoulMates4Ever
  Within 200ft and 500ft mikemarcum878 3 1,227 06-20-2018, 09:52 AM
Last Post: mikemarcum878
  * Minding common sense in the mountains is good savvy LostFound 38 25,768 03-20-2016, 12:36 PM
Last Post: Larsonist
  Common Threads Mindy 9 8,893 02-06-2016, 11:44 AM
Last Post: Beavertooth
  what do these poem lines have in common ? Chris Yates 12 3,179 06-26-2015, 11:30 AM
Last Post: Chris Yates