Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Poll: Who is the Chase's A$$hole of the Year
This poll is closed.
Kpro
35.19%
19 35.19%
Seannm
14.81%
8 14.81%
Sasha
16.67%
9 16.67%
Toby
1.85%
1 1.85%
Presby
5.56%
3 5.56%
Mike Davis
11.11%
6 11.11%
Hairy Crackhouse
7.41%
4 7.41%
Rooster Cockburn
7.41%
4 7.41%
Total 54 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Vote for Chase a$$hole of the Year
01-01-2019, 10:17 AM,
RE: Vote for Chase a$$hole of the Year
(01-01-2019, 03:36 AM)LurkerMike Wrote: I had no idea this forum was this awesome!

Pass it this way and let me hit it one time...

This talk about stripping like it's a bad thang... I was a stripper when I was a young buck, but today I promise you that if you seen me nakid, you would pay me to put my clothes back on. And if that's not bad enough of a mental image, message me your email and I'll send you some pics to prove it. (Note: Request at your own risk as I am not responsible for any vision loss the viewer might suffer.)

As far as "making money" with the Chase to fund producing Chase related videos, so what? Noobs like me benefit greatly from those videos and they spread the word about the Chase and help keep it going. No, I don't have to agree with the host(s) of those videos, but I learn a lot from them nonetheless.

I never subscribed to the chest being hidden in NM, but all of those AGK videos helped keep me interested and vet my solve(s) as I compared them and my reasoning to Toby and Shelly's thinking and approach. I would have sent them some money if I had seen anything there that helped me eliminate a solve and save me the expense of looking there. I watch the FennTube vids and peruse the forums not to get ideas or help forming solves, but to find reasons my solve(s) might be wrong.

Again, why should people who make Chase videos not receive some compensation for their time, effort, and investment in the equipment they use to make them? It's a somewhat free country and a somewhat capitalistic one at that. AGK was the closest thing to a well produced TV show before the live streaming which I didn't care for as much. Those early AGK videos were very informative and Toby was careful to point out what was his opinion and what was Fenn factual, usually with cites. Noobs need that and profit greatly from those early AGK videos.

No one gives you an F-16 as your first training aircraft. They didn't give you an F-86 or a Hun to learn with either. You usually start in a much less expensive propeller driven plane and when you get to where you don't crash it, then you move up to more advanced aircraft. The Chase is the same way. Noobs have to cut their teeth somewhere and each and every one of you Chase "experts" were ignorant noobs yourselves at some point. And if you are honest with yourself, you look back and laugh at what you thought and did when you were a noob to the Chase.

It should be obvious that there are elements of knowledge that must be gained and growth in discernment that are required by the Chase. The Chase is a process, but more than that, it is a personal journey. It is easy to lose sight of that.

It is also easy to lose sight of the fact that the Chase is not a race or competition among the searchers. It is a one-on-one challenge to match wits with Forrest Fenn, and so far he is winning. He has an unbroken record of beating all comers. But YOU, YOU are different. You are going to outwit Forrest. I know this because you are here, like me, still in the Chase because you think you have a chance to solve the poem and find the chest. And you do, just like me and everyone else. At least until the day it is found.

When it is eventually found by someone other that you or me, we will be left with only our memories of our participation and how we conducted not only our searches, but also how we conducted ourselves. My memories are going to be great ones, I hope to live long enough to tell my great grandchildren how much fun I had as a Fenn Treasure searcher.

But what if YOU are the one who actually finds it?

If it is me, and the odds are long against it, but "if" it is me, I want to give that bracelet back to Forrest and receive and follow any advice he hopefully has about what to do next. But even more than that, I want to exchange the validation I seek where I recite my solve to him and the reasons for it and how I came to develop it and hope I got most of it right. That would be a more special moment to me if I did figure it out for the right reasons than actually finding the chest.

I would rather not find the chest if I did not get at least most of the poem solved correctly for the right reasons. Sure I need the money, but I'll survive just fine without it. So to me this whole Chase thing is about a lot more than just the chest. It has more in common to drawing Excalibur from the stone than making a couple of million bucks, which is a lot more than my net worth. In fact, my life insurance makes me worth considerably more dead than alive.

So there is only one person on this list that I consider a real asshole and that is the person that is not grateful and appreciative that Forrest gave us this incredible gift of one of the grandest adventures ever conceived. And he designed it to give everyone who takes up this challenge an EQUAL chance.

None of us are perfect, we all make mistakes. Otherwise we would not be human. But some things are beyond the pale and being a total sh-tty b-tch f-cking with and disrespecting Forrest in his own home is one of them. I'd rather befriend a wild skunk because at least a skunk does not pretend to be something other than a skunk and we know ahead of time that friendship with a skunk is going to stink. Both are equally disgusting in my book, and it's a short book too, because I can't read.

Great article Mike! Great start to the New Year!
01-01-2019, 11:01 AM,
IMO, it's possible that the kpro audio is not what it seems. Maybe kpro was just being playful with Fenn, and not really "demanding" anything. Something like: "Give me a clue or else!!!" - but not serious and just trying to be funny.

As someone recently "banned" from her site, I have no reason ("agenda" - lol) to defend her. But I hate to see someone unjustly accused of something that may not be what it seems.

I don't think we can ever answer this without having been there. It's like the fake news we get from the media when they only give you a short clip, totally out of context.

My two cents...
01-01-2019, 11:13 AM,
(01-01-2019, 11:01 AM)Milan Wrote: IMO, it's possible that the kpro audio is not what it seems. Maybe kpro was just being playful with Fenn, and not really "demanding" anything. Something like: "Give me a clue or else!!!" - but not serious and just trying to be funny.

As someone recently "banned" from her site, I have no reason ("agenda" - lol) to defend her. But I hate to see someone unjustly accused of something that may not be what it seems.

I don't think we can ever answer this without having been there. It's like the fake news we get from the media when they only give you a short clip, totally out of context.

My two cents...
Milan I am starting to thin you have the hots for kpro. Love is blind. I see you following her around like a love sick puppy since you have been banned. You like it when they say no to you, huh?
01-01-2019, 11:17 AM,
(01-01-2019, 10:41 AM)brubr Wrote:
(01-01-2019, 03:36 AM)LurkerMike Wrote: I never subscribed to the chest being hidden in NM, but all of those AGK videos helped keep me interested and vet my solve(s) as I compared them and my reasoning to Toby and Shelly's thinking and approach. I would have sent them some money if I had seen anything there that helped me eliminate a solve and save me the expense of looking there. I watch the FennTube vids and peruse the forums not to get ideas or help forming solves, but to find reasons my solve(s) might be wrong.

I really enjoyed the AGK videos. Toby did a great job of analyzing clues and comments and coming up with a usable solution. Unlike the current crop of Fenntubes, which are all talking heads saying the same thing over and over and over and over and over again, AGK vids had logic and analysis.

AGK come back!!!!!!
Toby is a professional and he has brought a lot of positives to the chase community. Without his videos, there would be a lot missing. It really was Seannm's dirty tactic (as verified by Mindy) that changed all that. Seannm's intent was to get close to Toby, learn the trade and then back stab him and get him out of business to grow his viewership. Problem is no one wants to watch an idiot talk about himself from a soapbox while being told constantly to "listen good" to him.
01-01-2019, 11:20 AM,
Nope, I'm definitely not a kpro-sycophant by any stretch.

I just hate injustice - my biggest pet peeve, and I'm just sharing my perception I got when I listening to that audio. I think she was misunderstood, and was actually being playful. I believe in keeping an open mind, even if it helps my foes.
01-01-2019, 11:21 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-01-2019, 11:22 AM by Top Secret.)
(01-01-2019, 11:13 AM)brubr Wrote:
(01-01-2019, 11:01 AM)Milan Wrote: Maybe kpro was just being playful with Fenn, and not really "demanding" anything. Something like: "Give me a clue or else!!!" - but not serious and just trying to be funny.

I dont think so. She has made the comment before that she believes Fenn should return to giving out hints. Something about the chase was a lot "better" back when he did. I have also heard her insist before that Fenn should eliminate a state, so that is consistent to her previous statements. Listening to this audio, I heard a distinct petulant, whiny, insistent demand that Fenn acquiesce to her demands.

Concur, I consistently called out kpro (and Seannm) for shamelessly begging Fenn to provide clues to promote their fenntube. This latest taping confirms what I have noticed and been saying all along. That is no accident (for all you love sick puppies!)

(01-01-2019, 11:20 AM)Milan Wrote: Nope, I'm definitely not a kpro-sycophant by any stretch.

I just hate injustice - my biggest pet peeve, and I'm just sharing my perception I got when I listening to that audio. I think she was misunderstood, and was actually being playful. I believe in keeping an open mind, even if it helps my foes.
open mind or Stockholm syndrome ?
01-01-2019, 11:48 AM,
(01-01-2019, 11:37 AM)brubr Wrote:
(01-01-2019, 11:20 AM)Milan Wrote: Nope, I'm definitely not a kpro-sycophant by any stretch.

I agree, I hate injustice, so one of the things I look for is consistency. If someone is accused of doing or saying something that is completely out of character, something they have never said or done before, then I tend to believe the accusation is false. But when the statements ARE consistent with past activities and statements, then I believe they are the real deal.
Consistency in a person's conviction is important otherwise that person is a hypocrite. There is another site Milan frequents where a lot of false accusations are made, but where is our saint Milan in correcting these injustices? Silent! I think he claims he just ignores it. Yup consistency...
01-01-2019, 12:11 PM,
(01-01-2019, 11:48 AM)Top Secret Wrote:
(01-01-2019, 11:37 AM)brubr Wrote:

I agree, I hate injustice, so one of the things I look for is consistency. If someone is accused of doing or saying something that is completely out of character, something they have never said or done before, then I tend to believe the accusation is false. But when the statements ARE consistent with past activities and statements, then I believe they are the real deal.
Consistency in a person's conviction is important otherwise that person is a hypocrite. There is another site Milan frequents where a lot of false accusations are made, but where is our saint Milan in correcting these injustices? Silent! I think he claims he just ignores it. Yup consistency...

I think we are all hypocrites, but don't think that makes us all phony.
01-01-2019, 12:15 PM,
TS, are you suggesting I defend you from Harry's site? I have no idea what their beef with you is because I ignore those posts entirely.

I don't condone their rants, never have. I simply ignore them because I'm not on a crusade. I prefer to avoid the drama - unless it affects me or my name gets involved. And no, I'm definitely not a saint, because I fight back hard if I think it's warranted.

In the kpro case, I had a specific interest in the "tease" she was promoting a couple weeks ago. Therefore, I got caught up in the drama because I dared to question her motive. Therefore, it's an episode of the drama that included me, whether I wanted it or not.

My defending her was because I'm still tuned into this particular drama, and therefore I was simply sharing my perception with an open mind.
01-01-2019, 12:19 PM,
Vote for Chase a$$hole of the Year
Well, normally I would have favored Toby after that episode over The Lure video and transcript of the video that never was delivered. But, Kpro really has worked hard for this distinction, and made a lasting impression on 2018. I tried to warn y’all!

I vote Kpro.

razyfamily

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Vote of those mostly likely to receive Fenn clues Top Secret 14 2,800 01-09-2019, 02:03 PM
Last Post: mrmagicarovrumrebel
  Did ff dig a hole. mikemarcum878 17 4,910 07-15-2018, 05:38 PM
Last Post: easternOHsteve
  Vote for the winner decall 24 7,186 10-29-2017, 06:54 AM
Last Post: Indy
  Informal vote barometer Fgump 9 3,217 05-23-2017, 09:50 PM
Last Post: TheTicTocMan
  2016...A watershed year for the Chase, imo romeofoxtrot 26 11,491 08-17-2016, 02:17 AM
Last Post: Gordon Lightfoot