Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Nine Clue List
03-13-2014, 12:01 PM,
The Nine Clue List

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from The Wolf on March 13, 2014, 11:59 am</b>

All,

This list is intended to be the master 9 clues thread as in it will be at the top of the 9 clues thread list (via sticky). The list I put down was my interpretation and the debate is for you guys to put down your interpretation. My list is not intended to be "THE LIST" but rather a catalyst to get discussion going. Debate away...
</div>

The Wolf - Thank you for getting us back on the 9 clues track. I enjoy that there seems to be as many interpretations of those 9 clues as there are searchers.

Like mdavis19, I believe in the idea that there are a number of themes in the poem that can lead one to the correct search area for the treasure.

However, I also see a second and different set of 9 clues that will each bring one a step closer on the journey to the treasure. I have said it before - there are 2 ways to solve the poem, but it is Forrest's exact 9 clues that will move you towards it with confidence.
03-13-2014, 12:03 PM,
The Nine Clue List

<b>Quote from jdh on March 13, 2014, 12:54 pm</b>

Seeker,

I have seen you use that riddle example before. I did not have the answer... I was baffled. I think it's a great riddle and an excellent example of how the poem was written. That's why people talk about the different levels of the poem. The first level is clearly black and white and is great for those that see things that way. Are they wrong? Not in the least.

But the artist or musician do not see that way. They see things differently. Are they wrong? What about the biologist or historian. Do they see things the same as the others? And the philosopher and the techie... are details important to either?

I posted a question many months ago asking how would people write their own poem to a hidden treasure. It got no responses but the idea was to try to open eyes to the different ways in which people would do the same thing that Mr. Fenn has done. And hopefully expose the vast possibilities of how this poem could be structured.

I find imagination is essential in writing something that people will enjoy... both the author's and reader's. In this hunt I think it truly is more important than knowledge.

jdh
</div>

I can't debate that a all jdh. and unfortunately I can't really help in this debate about what the nine clues are... for me, if I put my nine clues up for everyone to see... it will lead them precisely to..... well, ya get my point. But I will keep reading.
03-13-2014, 02:36 PM,
The Nine Clue List
I see things a little differently than what's been posted so far. The quest is not over when it says "...your quest to cease." This line has a completely different meaning for me. If I gave it away it would send too many in my direction. Here are my 9 clues, and they are found in exactly that order:

1-Begin it there warm waters halt and take it in the canyon down...

2- Put in below the home of Brown.

3- There'll be no paddle up your creek, just heavy loads and water high.

4- If you've been wise and found the blaze, look quickly down, your quest to cease...

5- But tarry scant with marvel gaze...

6- Just take the chest and go in peace.

7- So hear me all and listen good...

8- Your effort will be worth the cold.

9- If you are brave and in the wood...
03-13-2014, 03:17 PM,
The Nine Clue List
Hello, to everyone. I've been reading "chase chat" since last April. There are so many opinions about what this means, and what that means. I'm planing my trip for April. My problem is the beginning. WWWH, I wish I had a clear starting point!!!! Anyone, want to give a opinion, I'm all ears!!! I did find a "X" in the mountains, man made. However, I'm pretty sure FF didn't take the time to make it. I guess I'll find out!!
03-13-2014, 03:31 PM,
The Nine Clue List

<b>Quote from TRIP852 on March 13, 2014, 4:17 pm</b>

Hello, to everyone. I've been reading "chase chat" since last April. There are so many opinions about what this means, and what that means. I'm planing my trip for April. My problem is the beginning. WWWH, I wish I had a clear starting point!!!! Anyone, want to give a opinion, I'm all ears!!! I did find a "X" in the mountains, man made. However, I'm pretty sure FF didn't take the time to make it. I guess I'll find out!!
</div>

Welcome!

Find all the places where everyone thinks it is. With luck there'll be just one place where no one thinks it is. Go there.
03-13-2014, 04:41 PM,
The Nine Clue List

<b>Quote from Retired Postmaster on March 13, 2014, 1:01 pm</b>
<div class="bbcode_quote">
<b>Quote from The Wolf on March 13, 2014, 11:59 am</b>

All,

This list is intended to be the master 9 clues thread as in it will be at the top of the 9 clues thread list (via sticky). The list I put down was my interpretation and the debate is for you guys to put down your interpretation. My list is not intended to be "THE LIST" but rather a catalyst to get discussion going. Debate away...
</div>

The Wolf - Thank you for getting us back on the 9 clues track. I enjoy that there seems to be as many interpretations of those 9 clues as there are searchers.

Like mdavis19, I believe in the idea that there are a number of themes in the poem that can lead one to the correct search area for the treasure.

However, I also see a second and different set of 9 clues that will each bring one a step closer on the journey to the treasure. I have said it before - there are 2 ways to solve the poem, but it is Forrest's exact 9 clues that will move you towards it with confidence.</div>
</div>

How is there two ways to solve the poem? how can you be sure unless you found it?
03-13-2014, 04:54 PM,
The Nine Clue List
After coming up with a variety of different sets of 9 clues, I decided not to have a fixed list of 9 clues. If I determine in my mind what I think are the 9 clues and go out searching and I am wrong, I could be in the right place but miss it because I am looking for the wrong things. Or I can go to the wrong place and arbitrarily assign things that might be vaguely associated by a face value reading of the poem and create false confidence that I am in the right place.

Having said that, I have in my mind what I am looking for, which is far beyond just a face value reading of the poem, and am ready to adapt to what I find at the search area. If I find more than what appears to be nine clues (or the area just isn't fitting the poem and coming up with less clues), then I know I need to re-evaluate. It is for this reason that I believe that both time spent researching and thinking at home along with multiple searches of an area will be needed to find the chest, at least using my approach and considering my own limitations and capacity for things to sink in. While I might spend more time in an area searching, I would rather become intimately familiar with a place and let the experiences of time spent there become special to me than rush through many areas and be just another one of those people who went right past the chest.

When growing up, there was a guy in our neighborhood who was very successful and did some very impressive things. Talking to him one day when I got to be a little older, he told me "Don't think that what I have accomplished in my life has anything to do with me being smart or intelligent because I am not, it is a result of having been persistent."
03-13-2014, 07:36 PM,
The Nine Clue List
Video of Fenn holding his thumb awkwardly over NM 85 map , right on the frog and coin.

Coins date obscured, but traced the hair and neck line to coins found on the shipwreck SS Republic.

http://www.usrarecoininvestments.com/coi..._eagle.htm
03-14-2014, 03:43 PM,
The Nine Clue List

<b>Quote from trigace on March 13, 2014, 3:36 pm</b>

I see things a little differently than what's been posted so far. The quest is not over when it says "...your quest to cease." This line has a completely different meaning for me. If I gave it away it would send too many in my direction. Here are my 9 clues, and they are found in exactly that order:

1-Begin it there warm waters halt and take it in the canyon down...

2- Put in below the home of Brown.

3- There'll be no paddle up your creek, just heavy loads and water high.

4- If you've been wise and found the blaze, look quickly down, your quest to cease...

5- But tarry scant with marvel gaze...

6- Just take the chest and go in peace.

7- So hear me all and listen good...

8- Your effort will be worth the cold.

9- If you are brave and in the wood...
</div>

Nothing in the first stanza? Really? Nothing?

Not even that he went alone in there? Or that the second time he went he wasn't alone? (possibly)

If he wasn't alone, who was with him and how many?

If he wasn't alone how could "my secret" be HIS secret? Wouldn't it be their secret also? Are all the others dead? Thus making it HIS secret only? really, nothing?

"Hint of riches new and old": a hint is a little clue... Isn't that a little something? Two types of riches... if ones the chest, what's the other? really, NOTHING?

What are "my treasures bold"? it can't really be his chest, can it? Wouldn't it be something of real value, like his family? Family is REAL treasures.

If it is his family... which one. His current family or the one he grew up with? The ones that have left him or the ones still with him? Or both? If you add him being alone in the first line, with his families members and himself (with my treasures bold), it totals 9. That makes it a nine clue that's referenced in the introduction, doesn't it?

Really... nothing?

Two trips, two types of riches. Two references to himself in the third line. 222 Really? Nada?

I have spent so much time on this stanza... there's gotta be something. SOMETHING! Really? Nothing?

Dang...

jdh
03-14-2014, 04:36 PM,
The Nine Clue List
LOL. My solve uses the whole poem, dont assume its just you seeing it that way Jdh. But yes we are in the minority apparently.
Shhh they aren't listening.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  List all the clues 5GIRLS 86 33,900 10-05-2017, 08:51 PM
Last Post: E.C. Waters
  The Checkoff List...... Gordon Lightfoot 2 1,451 05-08-2017, 10:55 AM
Last Post: Gordon Lightfoot
  Fenn's Nine Clues...Can we now list them? Bytor 31 19,406 10-14-2016, 05:07 PM
Last Post: HIPS
  My narcissist list Skipper 38 20,607 10-13-2016, 04:55 PM
Last Post: Skipper
  I had a key word list James Perotti 9 3,388 09-28-2014, 07:47 AM
Last Post: James Perotti