Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Nine Clue List
03-15-2014, 10:52 AM,
The Nine Clue List

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from jdh on March 15, 2014, 11:31 am</b>
<div class="bbcode_quote">
<b>Quote from James Perotti on March 15, 2014, 7:30 am</b>

"Many are giving serious thought to the clues in my poem" ff. This statement does make it sound like some people have figured out, what some of the clues are, it also sounds like Fennspeak.
</div>

All those NOT giving serious thought to his clues in the poem, please raise your hand.</div>
</div>

Everyone is giving serious thought to the poem. I think what FF is saying is, some have found out how to read the poem. Example of this is, Some see the poem only as 24 lines, others see it as 9 sentence, some see it as directions, some see it as metaphors... so finding out how to read it, maybe is what he meant by Giving serious thought. And that is just a thought.

Who see 9 sentences? and who see 8 sentences?
03-15-2014, 06:30 PM,
The Nine Clue List

<b>Quote from jdh on March 14, 2014, 4:43 pm</b>

Nothing in the first stanza? Really? Nothing?

Not even that he went alone in there? Or that the second time he went he wasn't alone? (possibly)

If he wasn't alone, who was with him and how many?

If he wasn't alone how could "my secret" be HIS secret? Wouldn't it be their secret also? Are all the others dead? Thus making it HIS secret only? really, nothing?

"Hint of riches new and old": a hint is a little clue... Isn't that a little something? Two types of riches... if ones the chest, what's the other? really, NOTHING?

What are "my treasures bold"? it can't really be his chest, can it? Wouldn't it be something of real value, like his family? Family is REAL treasures.

If it is his family... which one. His current family or the one he grew up with? The ones that have left him or the ones still with him? Or both? If you add him being alone in the first line, with his families members and himself (with my treasures bold), it totals 9. That makes it a nine clue that's referenced in the introduction, doesn't it?

Really... nothing?

Two trips, two types of riches. Two references to himself in the third line. 222 Really? Nada?

I have spent so much time on this stanza... there's gotta be something. SOMETHING! Really? Nothing?

Dang...

jdh
</div>

jdh-

I didn't say that there was NOTHING in the first stanza. There are 9 clues that will lead you to the end of Forrest's rainbow and the treasure. There are other clues that confirm where you are along the route to the treasure. I haven't counted them but have found more clues (hints, as Forrest calls them) in both the poem and in TTOTC.

The first stanza just has hints....2 in my opinion. And REALLY, as he said, he did go in alone. Don't you believe him?

There ARE two types of riches, the chest (new) and ...(do your research)....(old). Forrest didn't refer to his REAL treasures, he just said, "my treasures." Can't he have treasures that aren't family members?

You said, "Two trips, two types of riches. Two references to himself in the third line. 222 Really? Nada?" This is nonsense. It doesn't mean a thing.

You are spending a lot of time reading into the poem things that either aren't there or are very insignificant or meaningless, in my opinion. You need to determine what is important and spend time on those clues.
03-15-2014, 07:32 PM,
The Nine Clue List
trigace,

I was just having a little fun and used your list. I could have just as easily used Wolf's. If you'd seen my list on the first page of this thread you'd know I already think there is an actual clue in the first stanza. It was all in fun. Nothing personal. I hope your nine clues pay off for you. Good luck

jdh
03-15-2014, 09:09 PM,
The Nine Clue List
Hi Everyone,

Here is my list:

1. Begin it where warm waters halt

2. And take it in the canyon down,

3. Not far, but too far to walk.

4. Put in below the home of Brown.

5. From there it's no place for the meek,

6. There'll be no paddle up your creek,

7. Just heavy loads and water high.

8. If you've been wise and found the blaze,

9. If you are brave and in the wood

A little over a year ago I heard about the treasure. I started looking at the clues and thought I had figured some out. My wife told me to go take a look if I thought I could solve it. My son was about to get out of college for spring break and I convinced him to go with me. We actually landed in NM the day in March last year that the young woman from Texas was rescued from Bandolier. Obviously we didn't find the treasure but we had a great time hiking for a few days.

I think that I have solved all the clues but haven't found the blaze. It's a big country out there and one could easily walk within 50 feet of it and just pass it by. I'm tempted to part with a little more knowledge than most people because I'm not sure whether I'll every get back there again...but then again maybe I will. Here is what I'll leave you with:

Brown is a person

There's no paddle up your creek because it's a dry stream bed and you don't need a paddle.

People are over thinking "where warm waters halt". It's right in front of you. Big Grin

Think long and hard about all definitions of the work meek.

Happy Hunting!!
03-17-2014, 08:18 PM,
The Nine Clue List
A couple thoughts/angles I have been working. I have recently gone back to the sentences as the 9 clues. It appears that FF muscled a couple lines into becoming one sentence instead of two (referring to the semi-colon.) So why do this unless you wanted ONLY 9 sentences in a 24 line poem? I have gone back and forth, from pulling clues from the 24 lines to the sentences much as others have done.

FF has never said there are more or less than 9, it has only been 9, but most people see two or 3 in the second stanza. Why can't you stick with the 9 sentences - you are not going against what FF has said - yet each of those sentences has multiple pieces of information. For instance the second stanza has what might be 4 bits of info but it is still considered 1 "clue".

I know this is not new or ground breaking intel, just wondering if anyone is working this angle. It just seems to increase the amount of info you can use without breaking the 9 clues rule. More info the better right? By the way my solve does follow the clues precisely, but use of <b>tense</b> is certainly involved - and important (the most being the last two stanzas to pinpoint the how, and where EXACTLY the chest is/might be IMO.)
03-18-2014, 09:03 AM,
The Nine Clue List
Excellent observation Hank and I concur. This "clue" from Mr. Fenn falls into the same "non clue" category that all of the others he has spoken over the last 3 years...300 miles West of Toledo, above 5000 feet, etc, etc. All basically worthless in actually finding the treasure but priceless in their ability to generate buzz and sell new books. Old Timer
03-18-2014, 09:45 AM,
The Nine Clue List

<b>Quote from Hank on March 17, 2014, 9:18 pm</b>

A couple thoughts/angles I have been working. I have recently gone back to the sentences as the 9 clues. It appears that FF muscled a couple lines into becoming one sentence instead of two (referring to the semi-colon.) So why do this unless you wanted ONLY 9 sentences in a 24 line poem? I have gone back and forth, from pulling clues from the 24 lines to the sentences much as others have done.

FF has never said there are more or less than 9, it has only been 9, but most people see two or 3 in the second stanza. Why can't you stick with the 9 sentences - you are not going against what FF has said - yet each of those sentences has multiple pieces of information. For instance the second stanza has what might be 4 bits of info but it is still considered 1 "clue".

I know this is not new or ground breaking intel, just wondering if anyone is working this angle. It just seems to increase the amount of info you can use without breaking the 9 clues rule. More info the better right? By the way my solve does follow the clues precisely, but use of <b>tense</b> is certainly involved - and important (the most being the last two stanzas to pinpoint the how, and where EXACTLY the chest is/might be IMO.)
</div>

I agree that there 'must' be 9 sentences in the poem, as well as the need for 24 lines and 6 stanzas 25 capital letters. The structure of the poem's design is important! and [IMO] your example of ...might be 4 bits of info but still is considered 1 "clue", is spot on.
03-19-2014, 12:24 AM,
The Nine Clue List
TRip852...drop me a line at maladams64@yahoo
04-12-2014, 11:20 AM,
The Nine Clue List
I found a person claiming this map has all the clues on it and it was created by an Architect.

[Image: gavilantrailmapb.jpg]
04-12-2014, 12:28 PM,
The Nine Clue List
@Circles...sure hope you didn't "pay" for that map...nowhere near there... Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  List all the clues 5GIRLS 86 37,560 10-05-2017, 08:51 PM
Last Post: E.C. Waters
  The Checkoff List...... Gordon Lightfoot 2 1,680 05-08-2017, 10:55 AM
Last Post: Gordon Lightfoot
  Fenn's Nine Clues...Can we now list them? Bytor 31 21,067 10-14-2016, 05:07 PM
Last Post: HIPS
  My narcissist list Skipper 38 22,939 10-13-2016, 04:55 PM
Last Post: Skipper
  I had a key word list James Perotti 9 3,814 09-28-2014, 07:47 AM
Last Post: James Perotti