Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Nine Clue List
08-07-2015, 06:19 PM,
RE: The Nine Clue List
(08-07-2015, 12:04 PM)Buddy Allen Wrote: Ok it is very often hard on this format to get o pinyons from the people that you would like to hear from but here goes. We have the poem but he also advises that we use TTOTC and a good map. So here's my thought, what if some or all of the clues are given as if the person giving them was in a plane above us while we are down on the ground. That would be one reason for needing a good map. In that case how we orient the map would be crucial. The clues could be south heading north or north heading south, but a clue like 'nigh' could be backwards from above looking down than it would be if you are on the ground just walking or driving along. I guess what I'm trying to say is the point of view of the clue giver is important and could vary. (Interested to hear from mdavis, Larson, Jack, decall, Jason, or anybody else.)

My interpretation tends to take me in an east to west direction.

mdavis19

(08-07-2015, 01:37 PM)Jason Wrote: Maybe he meant a "Goode" map - as in John Paul Goode - creator of Goode's School Atlas......... And if so, maybe that's why kids might have an advantage!

I actually hunted up a copy of Goode's School Atlas at my local library. I saw nothing in it that especially caught my attention. It was a recent edition. The editions Forrest may have seen in his day may have had something different and important in them. Maybe not. About that time I decided I was probably over-complicating things.

mdavis19
08-08-2015, 07:22 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-08-2015, 08:34 PM by old drum.)
Now, now, Jason - While that grammatically challenged newbie may not understand your post, that's no reason to be vicious. The shotgun comment is over the line.
08-08-2015, 12:31 PM,
http://www.findingfenn.com/#!Western-The...396baba87f

Nice writing, way off target.
08-08-2015, 04:29 PM,
(08-08-2015, 12:31 PM)Buddy Allen Wrote: http://www.findingfenn.com/#!Western-The...396baba87f

Nice writing, way off target.

It's hard to say how far off target Wolf is with that movie theory. I myself have explored possible movie connections. Wolf and I had similar thoughts about his "big picture" comment and his gunfighter photos in TTOTC. I have also seen (or thought I saw) parallels to the plots of various movies. For instance, my favorite movie of all time is The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly. It takes place in New Mexico and Texas. It is an epic treasure hunt. A terrible war is the backdrop for the story. I can't watch that movie without seeing the obvious parallels with the chase. So I can't really fault Wolf for presenting that theory.

mdavis19
08-08-2015, 05:38 PM,
(08-08-2015, 01:40 AM)Jason Wrote:
(08-07-2015, 10:59 PM)RickysMom Wrote: Why is it that you all give Ricky a hard time and allso Shanghai jack and India for there spelling and grammer but when chase chat's residant English professer says something like this no one gives him a hard time? I cant even understand what the point of his post is.

Hey dipshit,

Quit being an impudent asshole........ no one appreciates your ignominious commentary.........

I'm not an English Professor, so maybe you should take some reciprocal reading lessons from Annemarie S. Palincsar & Ann L. Brown and learn something about reading comprehension.........

Either that, or put the cold steel barrel of Grandpa's shotgun in your mouth and pull the trigger

Bad baiju?
08-08-2015, 05:51 PM,
(08-08-2015, 07:22 AM)old drum Wrote: Now, now, Jason - While that grammatically challenged newbie may not understand your post, that's no reason to be vicious. The shotgun comment is over the line.

Hey he said he was Exhaustipated. That's a get out of jail free card. If you're exhaustipated you can say whatever you want.
08-10-2015, 12:52 AM,
Schizophrenia may be a side effect...or a requirement.
Being unique and being original are two different things...or are they? -RLW

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  List all the clues 5GIRLS 86 37,372 10-05-2017, 08:51 PM
Last Post: E.C. Waters
  The Checkoff List...... Gordon Lightfoot 2 1,674 05-08-2017, 10:55 AM
Last Post: Gordon Lightfoot
  Fenn's Nine Clues...Can we now list them? Bytor 31 21,011 10-14-2016, 05:07 PM
Last Post: HIPS
  My narcissist list Skipper 38 22,819 10-13-2016, 04:55 PM
Last Post: Skipper
  I had a key word list James Perotti 9 3,795 09-28-2014, 07:47 AM
Last Post: James Perotti