Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Wolfs Adventure - Part 4
07-15-2013, 04:12 PM,
Thank you.

Too far to walk, like the rest of the poem is very vague by design. If it wasn't, the trove would have been found already. My take on that distance is from a general perspective - average distance an average person is willing to walk or hike.

The Wolf
07-15-2013, 11:23 PM,
edlong, Nothing about the poem is going to be precise. The "precise" comes into play, AFTER you have solved the poem. Fenn says "If you follow the poem (clues you uncover) precisely, it will lead you straight to the chest". (Solve the 9 clues in the poem, then read and follow them precisely to the chest.)
07-15-2013, 11:31 PM,
Wolf,

You have to ask yourself this question. How does Forrest see distance? How has he seen distance for a good part of his life?

Follow this example: You drive from your home 3 hours to visit some relatives. To you, this is a pretty hefty drive. But on the other hand, Forrest gets in his plane and goes the same distance in 20 minutes. Wouldn't this tell you that Forrest and you have a relatively different perspective on distance? Well, keep that in mind and you will get past this hurtle...8-)

07-15-2013, 11:34 PM,
BTW, just because he's not flying anymore, doesn't mean his perspective on distance has changed. Remember the story of his thumb covering Philadelphia.
07-16-2013, 06:15 AM,

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
Germanguy - Follow this example: You drive from your home 3 hours to visit some relatives. To you, this is a pretty hefty drive. But on the other hand, Forrest gets in his plane and goes the same distance in 20 minutes. Wouldn't this tell you that Forrest and you have a relatively different perspective on distance? Well, keep that in mind and you will get past this hurtle...8-)
</div>

Germanguy,

I am a pilot as well and I feel the statement "not far, but too far to <b>walk</b>" means we must be deal with the term "walk" first. How far is that walk distance to set the lower bound? If one then thinks the next statement for the upper bound distance - "not far" in terms of flying (which I as a pilot, I do not advocate); then this becomes ultra vague to the point where the clue is meaningless.

I feel when this distance is further that 10 miles, the number of sources of the really vague clue "where warm waters halt" climb to the point where you could still solve the poem by using the wrong water source - thus making it more luck than skill. I do not believe Forrest wants to be remembered for producing a treasure hunt that was solved with the wrong interpretation.

The Wolf

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Wolfs Final Adventure - "Area 6" 29 9,908 02-27-2014, 02:32 PM
Last Post: deb
  Area 6 - The Wolfs Blaze 5 2,019 07-14-2013, 07:57 PM
Last Post: Guest
  The Wolfs Adventure (parts 1-3) 14 5,936 06-17-2013, 03:27 PM
Last Post: