Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don't Feed Trolls
01-04-2019, 10:43 AM,
Don't Feed Trolls
There is a general principal on the internet. I assert that principal holds more generally in life; DO NOT FEED TROLLS. Several of the ongoing threads on CC are feeding trolls. I recommend not feeding trolls. They die of starvation pretty quickly.
01-04-2019, 11:48 AM,
RE: Don't Feed Trolls
It my understang a troll is basically a troublemaker. How would one seperate a troll from honest intellectual challenges of prevailing thoughts ?
01-04-2019, 12:19 PM,
anything that takes your focus off the chase is fodder.
Follow me on Twitter @zombiecupkake According to my secret sources YOU are not in the 200' foot club. However I take bribes and will tell you where to look. It won't be the right spot though cause I want the chest, its a rabbit hole. Did I say that out loud?
01-04-2019, 12:22 PM,
(01-04-2019, 12:19 PM)zombiecupkake Wrote: anything that takes your focus off the chase is fodder.

I want to meet the one who is able to focus on solving the poem 24/7 for the last several years.

Howdy, Mister.
01-04-2019, 12:22 PM,
(01-04-2019, 11:48 AM)sharpsburg8 Wrote: It my understang a troll is basically a troublemaker. How would one seperate a troll from honest intellectual challenges of prevailing thoughts ?

I would do that by asking myself if I thought it at all probable that the ongoing exchange was going to get me closer to the chest. I don't think anything Kpro is doing is likely to do that, thus I ignore that. There's too much anger in the entire discussion. I don't pay much attention to the VLOGGERS because for the most part I don't think they say anything worth listening to.

I don't think anything Douglas Preston has done is likely to get me closer to the chest so I ignore that too. A long time ago Preston told a searcher, let's call the searcher "BOB", that Preston thought that BOB was the one with the best chance of finding the chest. It didn't click with me at the time that Preston actually believed the guy was searching in the right place. I only realized that much later. Anyhow, I believe I know where Preston thinks the chest is, and I too once thought that, but haven't believed that now for 5 years. Further, I am quite certain that Forrest can pull the strings and make words come out of Preston's mouth. I'm not going to go into any more detail on that. It is solely my opinion. If my solution is correct then my belief about Forrest is likely to be correct too, but I doubt I'll ever know that with any degree of certainty even if I were to find the chest.

All that being said, I don't see a whole bunch of hearsay ever helping you. People frequently will say "Forrest said 'blah blah blah'" (with quotation marks around the blah blah blah.) Or without quotation marks and without providing sources. I would say that such remarks should be ignored. I do believe that Forrest tosses out hints and that most of the time those hints are in your face but they're still tricky to see. People often talk about stuff Forrest has said while leaving out things I believe to be hints.

To me all the drama is nothing more than distraction.

There have been a few interesting things said on this site, things that I think elucidated hints. Not many though. And obviously the things that I believe elucidated hints are essentially confirmation bias on my part.

There was a time when there was a greater since of community which was manifest by all the people who tried to find Randy Bilyeu. People hate me because I say that I searched for Randy. I devoted enormous effort to it and it was a challenge to locate a body in a 100,000 acre search area. We stood had narrowed our search area down to a narrow strip of tamarisk on the Rio Grande while we were standing 30' from him. That experience gave me insight into searching for things. It led me to a thought process that gave me what I now believe is the correct area. The way we got to within 30' of Randy was by ranking the probable routes Randy could have taken to get to civilization. Unfortunately we didn't find him. He was found by contractors for the Army Corp of Engineers by pure luck 6 months later. They ran a line that went through him. I know how close we came because his ex-wife gave me the coordinates where he was found.

The current ugliness is presumably born of frustration. If the ugliness doesn't bother you then there is probably no consequence to reading it all but still, it does take time. In my opinion there are better ways to spend one's time.

Another thing this site is good for is just general information. People willingly share information about things like metal detectors and GPS units, various coordinate systems and mapping information. I had never heard of the PLSS when I started this endeavor. I'm pretty sure I received some answers to questions I had about it here on CC back when I first started.
01-04-2019, 12:41 PM,
(01-04-2019, 11:48 AM)sharpsburg8 Wrote: It my understang a troll is basically a troublemaker. How would one seperate a troll from honest intellectual challenges of prevailing thoughts ?

A troll usually ends their post with a question mark? Smile
01-04-2019, 12:44 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-04-2019, 02:13 PM by fundamental design.)
John Brown said: The way we got to within 30' of Randy was by ranking the probable routes Randy could have taken to get to civilization.

I would like to add that there were many members of this community that helped from wherever they live in trying to find Randy. Some of them also used the same method you stated here. Some of them used additional information to further try and help define the best probable location to search. For example, what time of day do you think Randy landed ashore where his dog and raft were found? That factors on a few things: The best estimate of when he set off (eye witness of his vehicle parked in the parking lot), how long of a stretch of river did his journey take him and rate of speed, any side trips, what speed his equipment allowed him to achieve. Because if one thinks it took a long time because of some of those factors then it’s possible that searching closer to where his dog and raft were found would be considered high on the probability list because it was already dark out or approaching it quickly. Did he know the area well enough to navigate on land when it’s dark? Would he attempt that? Then, you have the temperature and fire making ability.

To me, it all points to Randy would be found closer to the raft than further away.

Howdy, Mister.
01-04-2019, 12:55 PM,
(01-04-2019, 12:22 PM)fundamental design Wrote:
(01-04-2019, 12:19 PM)zombiecupkake Wrote: anything that takes your focus off the chase is fodder.

I want to meet the one who is able to focus on solving the poem 24/7 for the last several years.

knowing something is bad for you and being of personal will enough to avoid it is a person stronger than me. I'm a victim of fodder which is why i recognize it
Follow me on Twitter @zombiecupkake According to my secret sources YOU are not in the 200' foot club. However I take bribes and will tell you where to look. It won't be the right spot though cause I want the chest, its a rabbit hole. Did I say that out loud?
01-04-2019, 01:59 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-04-2019, 01:59 PM by Chris Yates.)
I dunno if this could be considered related to this thread, but watching the cowlazars video other night he reminded people a couple times there were lines people shouldn't cross

and he mentioned there seemed to be a few chase folks who never learned this

it reminded me of watching an elementary school teacher telling 6 and 7 year olds about certain basic rules in life.

now billie, just cuz you're jealous of suzie, it's not ok to put gum in her hair!

sad but true
01-04-2019, 08:12 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-04-2019, 08:47 PM by sharpsburg8.)
John Brown,
Very commendable of your actions with the Randy B. Incentdent.

Beavertooth,
Your a funny person with the comment of trolls ending their post with a question mark.. I'm thinking you should change your vocation of MODERATOR to that of Comic.

To all you good folks out there, you will know it was suicide by security guard.

To all you good folks out there, you will know it was suicide by security guard.

What am I saying , I worked as a security guard ?????

By the way.....how can you be a MODERATOR and make comments and maintain a unbiased perspective. Particularly if it's someone you don't want around.