Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don't Feed Trolls
01-04-2019, 08:48 PM,
Don't Feed Trolls
(01-04-2019, 12:22 PM)John Brown Wrote:
(01-04-2019, 11:48 AM)sharpsburg8 Wrote: It my understang a troll is basically a troublemaker. How would one seperate a troll from honest intellectual challenges of prevailing thoughts ?

I would do that by asking myself if I thought it at all probable that the ongoing exchange was going to get me closer to the chest. I don't think anything Kpro is doing is likely to do that, thus I ignore that. There's too much anger in the entire discussion. I don't pay much attention to the VLOGGERS because for the most part I don't think they say anything worth listening to.

I don't think anything Douglas Preston has done is likely to get me closer to the chest so I ignore that too. A long time ago Preston told a searcher, let's call the searcher "BOB", that Preston thought that BOB was the one with the best chance of finding the chest. It didn't click with me at the time that Preston actually believed the guy was searching in the right place. I only realized that much later. Anyhow, I believe I know where Preston thinks the chest is, and I too once thought that, but haven't believed that now for 5 years. Further, I am quite certain that Forrest can pull the strings and make words come out of Preston's mouth. I'm not going to go into any more detail on that. It is solely my opinion. If my solution is correct then my belief about Forrest is likely to be correct too, but I doubt I'll ever know that with any degree of certainty even if I were to find the chest.

All that being said, I don't see a whole bunch of hearsay ever helping you. People frequently will say "Forrest said 'blah blah blah'" (with quotation marks around the blah blah blah.) Or without quotation marks and without providing sources. I would say that such remarks should be ignored. I do believe that Forrest tosses out hints and that most of the time those hints are in your face but they're still tricky to see. People often talk about stuff Forrest has said while leaving out things I believe to be hints.

To me all the drama is nothing more than distraction.

There have been a few interesting things said on this site, things that I think elucidated hints. Not many though. And obviously the things that I believe elucidated hints are essentially confirmation bias on my part.

There was a time when there was a greater since of community which was manifest by all the people who tried to find Randy Bilyeu. People hate me because I say that I searched for Randy. I devoted enormous effort to it and it was a challenge to locate a body in a 100,000 acre search area. We stood had narrowed our search area down to a narrow strip of tamarisk on the Rio Grande while we were standing 30' from him. That experience gave me insight into searching for things. It led me to a thought process that gave me what I now believe is the correct area. The way we got to within 30' of Randy was by ranking the probable routes Randy could have taken to get to civilization. Unfortunately we didn't find him. He was found by contractors for the Army Corp of Engineers by pure luck 6 months later. They ran a line that went through him. I know how close we came because his ex-wife gave me the coordinates where he was found.

The current ugliness is presumably born of frustration. If the ugliness doesn't bother you then there is probably no consequence to reading it all but still, it does take time. In my opinion there are better ways to spend one's time.

Another thing this site is good for is just general information. People willingly share information about things like metal detectors and GPS units, various coordinate systems and mapping information. I had never heard of the PLSS when I started this endeavor. I'm pretty sure I received some answers to questions I had about it here on CC back when I first started.

John,

I don’t understand how people could hate you for the many, many hours of selfless work you put into searching for Randy.

I admire you greatly for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mindy's blogs:

http://www.fennhotspot.com
http://www.myeverwonderland.blogspot.com
01-04-2019, 09:07 PM,
RE: Don't Feed Trolls
(01-04-2019, 08:12 PM)sharpsburg8 Wrote: Beavertooth,
Your a funny person with the comment of trolls ending their post with a question mark.. I'm thinking you should change your vocation of MODERATOR to that of Comic.

By the way.....how can you be a MODERATOR and make comments and maintain a unbiased perspective. Particularly if it's someone you don't want around.

Just talented, I guess.

If I tried to get rid of everyone I didn't want around, it would be a very quiet, thoughtful forum, and Stephanie would be pissed. Smile
01-04-2019, 09:30 PM,
Beavertooth,
I noticed you seem to use, and very familiar with the term "total jerk" as you used with me. Is that another one of your talents. ??
01-04-2019, 11:05 PM,
Just want ya'll to know my original post had absolutely nothing to do with Kpro. I don't really know what she is accused of doing nor do I care. The only thing I do know, she has been unmercifully pounced upon by some posters. Not good..

I'm outside this thread, unless of course Beavertooth call's me back in. Gotta do what the bossman wants.
01-04-2019, 11:25 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-05-2019, 12:52 AM by minotaur_moreno.)
(01-04-2019, 10:07 PM)LurkerMike Wrote: The problem with trying to get any forum back to the good old days is that you would be bored with reposting things for us newbies that you have long since moved on from.

Another way of looking at it is that I only have one year of failure invested in the Chase. And that perspective is not going to go over so well with most veteran searchers.

Hahaha! @LurkerMike, anyone that tells you these boards were any more "civil" back in the "good old days" then they are now is being a revisionist historian, IMO (note: not implying at all that your original post did @johnbrown, just in general).

Over the years on these boards, I've had more than one person threaten that they were going to kill me (granted, back then, I was much more willing to happily seek-and-destroy, and have evolved over the years to much more of a peace-maker), Mindy's the all-time leader in death threats, and has had too many crae-crae's to count, at this point.

Eerily similar to what Kpro is going through now, IMO. I didn't like it then, I don't like it now, and for whatever reason feel the need to defend her here.

mm
If you would like to know my W.W.W.H., get a list of over 600 GNIS potential ones, and another list of 5,000 searchable springs with coordinate information, you can literally buy it here for $25: https://www.ebay.com/itm/283499665615
01-05-2019, 01:04 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-05-2019, 01:04 AM by Becky from WV.)
@anyone - I have NEVER watched one of the videos about the Chase made by searchers. I cannot imagine those guys having anything important to say because they have no more idea than a goat where the treasure is. What could they possibly say that would be of any help at all?

It's just entertainment. But if they upset you, don't view them. I look at it this way: While those guys are busy making videos & getting everybody riled up, they aren't searching for the treasure ... or even getting any new ideas. So more power to them! They are useless. Ignore everything that takes your focus from TTOTC ... & for me, the Scrapbook entries.
01-05-2019, 01:23 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-05-2019, 01:35 AM by minotaur_moreno.)
(01-05-2019, 01:04 AM)Becky from WV Wrote: @anyone - I have NEVER watched one of the videos about the Chase made by searchers. I cannot imagine those guys having anything important to say because they have no more idea than a goat where the treasure is. What could they possibly say that would be of any help at all?

It's just entertainment. But if they upset you, don't view them. I look at it this way: While those guys are busy making videos & getting everybody riled up, they aren't searching for the treasure ... or even getting any new ideas. So more power to them! They are useless. Ignore everything that takes your focus from TTOTC ... & for me, the Scrapbook entries.

Completely agree! If you want to have a chance at really winning, don't focus on the other searchers, use your energy on tighter focus on the poem!

mm

(01-05-2019, 01:14 AM)LurkerMike Wrote: Giving a healthy dude a death threat does not bother me.

Giving me another death threat bothers me less, especially from someone younger than me because they have more skin in the game.

But giving a woman a death threat? Who does that? Whoever they are, they need an attitude adjustment.

I thought Kpro was embellishing/exaggeration when she said she received death threats over the Recording Gate tape. Maybe she wasn't.

I really think now that most FennTubers don't get that they are celebrities, although very minor celebrities, they are celebrities nonetheless.

Imagine what the finder of the chest is going to have to face?

Haha... Perhaps when Forrest gave us the Redneck from Texas he imagined might find it, he was inferring he hoped it would be someone who could take care of themselves and take care of the 7%-ers and paparazzi too.

Completely agree, @LurkerMike. I'm a 6'5" 260 pound Texan w/ more than a few guns. I can take care of myself and my family. Even if I disagree w/ them at times, no one should ever be sending death threats to women, period, IMO.

If any of them do get them, I've been raised that we all as a community defend them, regardless of if we agree or disagree w/ them.

mm
If you would like to know my W.W.W.H., get a list of over 600 GNIS potential ones, and another list of 5,000 searchable springs with coordinate information, you can literally buy it here for $25: https://www.ebay.com/itm/283499665615
01-05-2019, 02:11 AM,
(01-04-2019, 09:30 PM)sharpsburg8 Wrote: Beavertooth,
I noticed you seem to use, and very familiar with the term "total jerk" as you used with me. Is that another one of your talents. ??

If you were as sharp as you think you are, you would have noticed that my comment about trolls also ended with a question mark. It was a joke on both of us that went right over your head.

And the spirit of my original edit was to prevent people from thinking that you might be a total jerk due to your accidental use of terms that might anger people (IMO). That is quite different than you calling me a total jerk by innuendo. Ah well, the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

You are now warned against personal attacks, whether by innuendo, or otherwise. They are against the rules.
01-05-2019, 02:28 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-05-2019, 02:29 AM by Becky from WV.)
@LurkerMike - You stated: "It appeared that Forrest Fenn was being verbally assaulted by someone very loudly and abusively yelling demands at him to tell them things."

Why would he tolerate such a thing? But more to the point, WHY would anyone provide proof of that for all to hear?

You're correct that I know absolutely NOTHING about it ... or any other videos by searchers. If you think that makes me ignorant or uncaring, then so be it. I'd like to believe I am neither of those things. But "someone appearing to be abusing Forrest Fenn"? An "injustice"? Hmmmmm ... I don't know about that. I figure FF's a big boy & can take care of himself pretty well. I have seen NO proof that any association with FF has benefited a searcher.

You also stated: "I have stumbled across a few on the web over the years, animal abuse, nursing home abuse, child abuse... I'm glad these things don't bother you but they sure bother me."

I refuse to let injustice exist if I can do something about it. But instead of letting those things "bother"me, I choose to act positively to correct such behavior. I, LurkerMike, may be one of the most INTOLERANT people on this planet ... when it comes to animal &/or child abuse. Those are two things that I would NOT hesitate to kill to prevent it.

But FF is neither an animal nor a child. I do NOT need to run to his defense every time someone CLAIMS to have tricked him into supposedly helping them ... no matter how it happened. Whatever Kpro did or did NOT do is of NO consequence to me. Perhaps after seriously spending approx 6 years with the Chase & the melting pot of searchers who have come & gone or still remain, I have become hardened to the antics & false claims issued periodically. It's all a non-event.
01-05-2019, 05:48 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-05-2019, 06:05 AM by boomergirl.)
Has anyone noticed the recording was a month before the fires? I don't feel trust or good about us as a community anymore. Instead I feel like a sap and we've all been had. Jason presenting f with the flag and the raffle success are no longer heart felt moments for me.
As far as I know nobody finds it necessary to go to Phil Knight's home for Nike fund raisers.