Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lat / Long in TTOTC
04-17-2014, 10:57 PM,
Lat / Long in TTOTC
In her arm a tan tin can.
04-18-2014, 10:35 AM,
Lat / Long in TTOTC
I'm looking forward to seeing ff email quote from Plato.

My current theory is that the first 2clues are coordinates -long & lat. which create a starting place - such that the poem doesn't have coordinates that point to the treasure, just coordinates that point to the starting place. Then from there, you have 7 clues left that are made up of direction/ distance combinations.
04-18-2014, 01:41 PM,
Lat / Long in TTOTC

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from dreamcatcher on April 18, 2014, 11:35 am</b>

I'm looking forward to seeing ff email quote from Plato.

My current theory is that the first 2 clues are coordinates -long & lat. which create a starting place - such that the poem doesn't have coordinates that point to the treasure, just coordinates that point to the starting place. Then from there, you have 7 clues left that are made up of direction/ distance combinations.
</div>

Forrest has openly mused over the fact that people were trying to find coordinates in the poem but he stopped short of admitting it is not there. It is more mysterious if everything is possible.

I must admit I have a hard time believing that Plato had that email form Forrest. I believe he had an email from him but I think he would have worded it such that Plato drew his own conclusion. Forrest is very fair and would not give any clue that would give one person an advantage. I think Forrest has in the past made a few mistakes by revealing more than he intended. He follows it up with an open release (like his emails from searchers) so we all have the same information.

If you check out the "Masquerade" treasure hunt - the whole thing was ruined when someone close to the originator tricked him into revealing the true location. FF is aware of this and won't make that mistake and risk having this all become a scam.

So until Plato reveals the exact email and the context I will assume Plato drew that conclusion.
04-18-2014, 07:17 PM,
Lat / Long in TTOTC
@The Wolf - I'll second that.

@Plato II - crickets...
04-18-2014, 07:37 PM,
Lat / Long in TTOTC
One of you should email ff and ask him if he wrote that to Plato.
04-18-2014, 07:46 PM,
Lat / Long in TTOTC
Okay, I must play fair,... I admit it didn't go down the way I said. I posed this question to Forrest..."Did you ever say or write that the poem would give you the exact coordinates to the location of the treasure chest?" His reply "no." I took the liberty to phrase it the way I did because I think it's a waste of time to be looking for coordinates in the poem or book. Sorry, but I just don't think that Forrest is a numbers guy.....and remember his ..15 and 85 % rule, one can play his game. All is fair in love and war...and treasure hunting. Coordinates? No, I don't think so!...... Adios!
04-18-2014, 08:01 PM,
Lat / Long in TTOTC

<b>Quote from Plato II on April 18, 2014, 8:46 pm</b>

Okay, I must play fair,... I admit it didn't go down the way I said. I posed this question to Forrest..."Did you ever say or write that the poem would give you the exact coordinates to the location of the treasure chest?" His reply "no." I took the liberty to phrase it the way I did because I think it's a waste of time to be looking for coordinates in the poem or book. Sorry, but I just don't think that Forrest is a numbers guy.....and remember his ..15 and 85 % rule, one can play his game. All is fair in love and war...and treasure hunting. Coordinates? No, I don't think so!...... Adios!
</div>

Thanks for this. I appreciate you putting it out there so candidly.
04-19-2014, 10:34 AM,
Lat / Long in TTOTC
Plato - I am glad you posted the exact words. I do agree that Forrest didn't encode the location, but I did not get that confirmation from your email.

All he confirmed was that he did not "say or write" what you asked him. He did not actually say he didn't encode location. I am sure if you asked it this way: " Did you encode coordinates in the poem?" or "did you encode coordinates in the book?", I do not think you would get an answer but if you did it would be definitive.

There is also another interpretation to your question. FF could have interpreted your question as - would the poem lead one to the exact location if followed precisely? When interpreted this way - one can clearly see that it is a totally different question as it has nothing to do with location encoding.

So the question is - do you think FF interpreted your question exactly as you thought you posed it?

The Wolf
04-19-2014, 07:36 PM,
Lat / Long in TTOTC
Well, If it were I that hid the chest I would NOT give you the full coordnates, maybe just the 2 after the decimal point, IE: xx.52xx and xxx.24xx And then I would hint about 6 or 8 numbers so that you would have plenty to mix and match. LOL
04-20-2014, 09:45 PM,
Lat / Long in TTOTC

<b>Quote from mdc777 on March 13, 2014, 6:00 pm</b>

36 INCH BATHTUB

105 BOMBS

http://www.mapsofworld.com/usa/states/ne...-long.html

36 LATITIUDE 105 LONGITUDE

TAOS NM area. BOOM! Did I just blow your mind or what!?

:0)
</div>

PHEW! Good thing my current search area fits this parameter. Although, a lot of my search areas have fit this parameter. 0-71!!