Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lat / Long in TTOTC
04-22-2014, 06:01 PM,
Lat / Long in TTOTC

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from illinoisghost on April 22, 2014, 10:03 am</b>

They triangulate to the location. Once you find them you will not believe how obvious they are.
</div>

i think i understand what you are saying, so they must each be the same form, locating 3 different spots and they triangulate.

there is a particular chapter where Forrest i think is hinting at triangular. anyone know what chapter im referring to? just wondering if anyone else noticed the same thing

on coordinates, i have found 5 total.

all 5 point to exactly the same spot, but each one is a different form
04-23-2014, 08:56 AM,
Lat / Long in TTOTC
Chris, Yes he does hint @ triangulation, I know the reference. I've been on board as a coordinates person.
04-23-2014, 11:38 AM,
Lat / Long in TTOTC
Heading back Friday, I now understand the blaze and HOB, I'm sure I was at the blaze and did exactly what Forrest said not to do. If so I fully know no what he meant by "what took you so long" wish me luck and will post a pic if found.
(YouTube Subscribe)
04-23-2014, 01:17 PM,
Lat / Long in TTOTC
Good luck, illinoisghost
04-25-2014, 07:47 PM,
Lat / Long in TTOTC

<b>Quote from illinoisghost on April 23, 2014, 12:38 pm</b>

Heading back Friday, I now understand the blaze and HOB, I'm sure I was at the blaze and did exactly what Forrest said not to do. If so I fully know no what he meant by "what took you so long" wish me luck and will post a pic if found.
</div>
Let us know how you made out!
10-08-2014, 11:06 AM,
Lat / Long in TTOTC

<b>Quote from crazyfamily on October 8, 2014, 11:28 am</b>

I think the likelihood that the poem conceals a set of Lat/Lon coordinates is remote, however, when I read Forrest's Scrapbook post 62 in which he states that good research materials are, TTOTC, Google Earth and/or a good map, he seems to be saying that those things can be used to solve the search. I see understories in TTOTC that the 36, 105 theory works very well with. Maybe the reason he took 15 years to write the poem is that it contains both no-nonsense and encoded directions to the chest.

Here's a copy and paste : )

"Some searchers overrate the complexity of the search. Knowing about head pressures, foot pounds, acre feet, bible verses, Latin, cubic inches, icons, fonts, charts, graphs, formulas, curved lines, magnetic variation, codes, depth meters, riddles, drones or ciphers, will not assist anyone to the treasure location, <b>although those things have been offered as positive solutions</b>. Excellent research materials are TTOTC, Google Earth, and/or a good map.f"

Here's a question that I don't believe has been asked: Positive solutions to what?
</div>

That means to me that those that have used any of those as solutions were so sure that they were the correct way to solve the poem but were not the correct way and the solve is not that complex and no one needs to know anything about any of them to find the chest. IMO.
10-08-2014, 01:25 PM,
Lat / Long in TTOTC

<b>Quote from crazyfamily on October 8, 2014, 1:09 pm</b>

He didn't say possible solutions, he said "positive solutions." To me his use of positive here could be an affirmation. Who cares how complex you make it if you're correct.

Here's another instance where Fenn used "positive."

"Questions posted 6/13/2014:

“Forrest,

You talk about how you worked on, and changed, the poem for many years. As you read it today, are you still completely content with the belief that someone will eventually understand and follow your poem precisely to the treasure?” ~ John

Thanks John,

I think your question is wrought from misinformation. I have no real feelings about when the treasure might or might not be found. But eventually sounds too far away.<b>The treasure is there for the person who can find it and I think that person will be positive in their attitude and deliberate in their actions</b> . No one has any secret information that will take them to the hiding place. It’s in the poem for all to see.f"

Using the same interpretation of "positive" as an affirmation: a synonym for attitude is outlook. Outlook is defined as the way a person thinks about things. Outlook is also the name of email software that Fenn probably uses. So if we twist things, the person who CAN find it has a correct email. With a twist it works, right?
</div>

I just think he means they thought they were positively correct in their solves but were not. F uses gmail and not outlook
10-09-2014, 09:30 PM,
Lat / Long in TTOTC
Loco, ........WTH!! :-)

"Positive solutions"?? They are only in OUR minds.

"But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd." - Jules Winnfield
10-10-2014, 09:18 AM,
Lat / Long in TTOTC
I have since abandoned the Lat/Long approach because I have found another set of instructions in the poem.
10-10-2014, 06:22 PM,
Lat / Long in TTOTC

<b>Quote from mdc777 on October 10, 2014, 10:18 am</b>

I have since abandoned the Lat/Long approach because I have found another set of instructions in the poem.
</div>

Good. :-) The idea never made any sense to me.