Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
It's Time To Come To Terms...
01-14-2019, 08:44 PM,
Forrest said it was a very personal thing for him. I don’t think he’s terribly worried about us getting upset that there’s no gold to sell.

razyfamily
01-15-2019, 02:09 AM,
RE: It's Time To Come To Terms...
(01-14-2019, 08:44 PM)crazyfamily Wrote: I don’t think he’s terribly worried about us getting upset that there’s no gold to sell.

for this to be true f would have to be psychotic

someone laid out a very sound and convincing case that demonstrated f is not psychotic

but I won't re-explain it here

if people want to believe their weird shit then whatever
01-15-2019, 03:57 AM,
When Forrest used the statement of "what took me so long", reminds me of the old joke that goes something like
This : in the final days when the scientific community had climbed to the very tippy top of the 'Mountain of all
Knowledge', there sat Noah in his rocking chair and said: What took you so long ?
01-15-2019, 07:37 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-15-2019, 09:03 AM by crazyfamily.)
(01-15-2019, 02:09 AM)Chris Yates Wrote:
(01-14-2019, 08:44 PM)crazyfamily Wrote: I don’t think he’s terribly worried about us getting upset that there’s no gold to sell.

someone laid out a very sound and convincing case that demonstrated f is not psychotic

I could have solved the poem before finding the chest, but I didn't.

(01-15-2019, 03:57 AM)sharpsburg8 Wrote: When Forrest used the statement of "what took me so long", reminds me of the old joke that goes something like
This : in the final days when the scientific community had climbed to the very tippy top of the 'Mountain of all
Knowledge', there sat Noah in his rocking chair and said: What took you so long ?

I don't think that says what you think it does. So, if you twist the joke, like Forrest does with idioms in TTOTC, then the searchers find a metaphorical chest. That's pretty much what I've been saying.

Oh, and "if you can find the first clue, you're more than half way to the chest, metaphorically."

How in the world could someone not feel lucky? How could you not jump for joy after years, and years of thinking and reading(or decoding, in the case of decoders) would you just say - oh, what took me so long. No, "what took me so long" is what you say when you finally stop denying and accept the truth.

razyfamily
01-15-2019, 08:52 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-15-2019, 09:46 AM by Top Secret.)
(01-15-2019, 02:09 AM)Chris Yates Wrote:

Chris I know you feel the need to hang on to your Santa Clause belief and that is perfectly alright to do on other threads. He doesn't have to be psychotic but could be a sociopath. Most top executives are functioning sociopaths because their job require them to make decisions that are very difficult if possessing feelings. Intelligent sociopaths can mimic feelings and can appear normal. This fits Fenn's profile so without an official diagnosis either way, you can't come on here and play doctor.

Either way, he doesn't have to be any of those to pull off a hoax if he feels giving people hope (as in Santa Clause with kids) benefits more than not giving them hope. A legacy can only be ruined by having an actual treasure because when it is found the legacy is over. So if this is ego driven, the motive is still there. Statements like "Don't you think that guy who carved the Rosetta Stone isn't proud?" screams legacy.
01-15-2019, 09:45 AM,
(01-15-2019, 09:15 AM)Beavertooth Wrote:
(01-15-2019, 08:52 AM)Top Secret Wrote: Statements like "Don't you think that guy who hid the Rosetta Stone isn't proud?" screams legacy.

I think your quote is incorrect. I believe he referred to the guy who carved the Rosetta Stone as being proud. It's an important distinction, but does not change the overall point you are making.
Absolutely correct it was the guy who carved it. I think "carved" makes my point clearer, so I will change it. Thank you for correcting that.
01-15-2019, 10:18 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-15-2019, 10:22 AM by astree.)
(01-15-2019, 08:52 AM)Top Secret Wrote: Statements like "Don't you think that guy who hid the Rosetta Stone isn't proud?" screams legacy.

I think your quote is incorrect. I believe he referred to the guy who carved the Rosetta Stone as being proud. It's an important distinction, but does not change the overall point you are making.

Given Forrests oft pedantic wording, I wonder if the guy who carved it is still alive.

“The Rosetta Stone was buried for 2,000 years before somebody found it and I said in my book, ‘Don’t you know that guy is proud?’ The guy that carved that Rosetta Stone.”

:-}
=====

DON’T RESEARCH...THINK!!!

Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?
Where is the knowledge we have lost in information? -T.S. Eliot [The Rock]

https://www.allmovie.com/movie/v46056
01-15-2019, 10:32 AM,
(01-15-2019, 10:18 AM)astree Wrote:

Given Forrests oft pedantic wording, I wonder if the guy who carved it is still alive.

“The Rosetta Stone was buried for 2,000 years before somebody found it and I said in my book, ‘Don’t you know that guy is proud?’ The guy that carved that Rosetta Stone.”

Excellent point, though some may consider it psychotic.
01-15-2019, 10:45 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-15-2019, 10:49 AM by Bet.)
(01-15-2019, 10:32 AM)crazyfamily Wrote:

This supports my belief in a hidden, but not findable for thousands of years treasure. I have often wondered why FF thought telling people whether the chest is buried or not was to big of a clue. Doesn’t seem like it would help anyone, except if it is buried it certainly would discourage searchers because it would be almost, if not, impossible to find.
Remember he is an archaeologist at heart.
01-15-2019, 10:53 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-15-2019, 10:55 AM by crazyfamily.)
(01-15-2019, 10:45 AM)Bet Wrote:
(01-15-2019, 10:32 AM)crazyfamily Wrote:

This supports my belief in a hidden, but not findable for thousands of years treasure. I have often wondered why FF thought telling people whether the chest is buried or not was to big of a clue. Doesn’t seem like it would help anyone, except if it is buried it certainly would discourage searchers because it would be almost, if not, impossible to find.
Remember he is an archaeologist at heart.

Each one of us is a bit of a charlatan too. No one has a problem with that? I try to be as self aware as possible. I don't consider that a characteristic of a charlatan. Speak for yourself, Mr. Fenn.

razyfamily