Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
It's Time To Come To Terms...
01-10-2019, 10:51 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-10-2019, 11:05 AM by crazyfamily.)
(01-10-2019, 10:26 AM)lingerlonger Wrote: you will see it when/if you believe it

i just woke up and saw someone talking about it not being yadadadya my bad

he built it its all there

Please go do crazy somewhere else.

(01-10-2019, 10:41 AM)Bet Wrote: Linger thinks believing there is a treasure is believing in something greater than oneself. Must mean searchers are not so great. Personally, I would never put money over people, nor greed over goodness.
Crazy.....no one knows if a treasure is actually there until it is found. It can neither be proven nor disproven.
While that is true, everyone makes assumptions about this thing. There is an overwhelming amount of evidence from the game setter, both in his books and his blog posts, to lead a reasonable person to the conclusion that there is nothing at the end of his rainbow but a fish tale.

razyfamily
01-10-2019, 10:53 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-10-2019, 10:54 AM by lingerlonger.)
RE: It's Time To Come To Terms...
is that wut i think

have you ever seen past yourself in a mirror

would that be fair enough

i apologized cf but thx for the suggestion

freedom is free

4 5m!13 4nd 4 9r!n f0r 0ur fr!3nd f0rr357 f3nn
01-10-2019, 10:57 AM,
There's certainly a lot of evidence suggesting you may be right. That and my distance from the search area is why this is a casual pursuit for me. There's also one rule I've found to be an almost universal truth. When you were a kid the oldest couples in the neighborhood usually gave out very little candy or pennies, and sometimes nothing at all. And when you got birthday cards or Christmas cards from your grandparents they usually sent less than everyone else. That's why I personally have a hard time believing this octogenerian did this. Old people don't give money away to strangers unless they're mentally impaired. It just doesn't happen. His grandkids are also not looking for it which is something else that bothers me. If my grandfather ever did something like this you better believe I'd be out there looking for it. Lots of inconsistent statements including some that almost contradict previous ones. I can certainly see why after more than a couple years of doing this some folks decide to go do something more worthwhile with their time.
01-10-2019, 11:04 AM,
(01-10-2019, 10:57 AM)J Smith Wrote: There's certainly a lot of evidence suggesting you may be right. That and my distance from the search area is why this is a casual pursuit for me. There's also one rule I've found to be an almost universal truth. When you were a kid the oldest couples in the neighborhood usually gave out very little candy or pennies, and sometimes nothing at all. And when you got birthday cards or Christmas cards from your grandparents they usually sent less than everyone else. That's why I personally have a hard time believing this octogenerian did this. Old people don't give money away to strangers unless they're mentally impaired. It just doesn't happen. His grandkids are also not looking for it which is something else that bothers me. If my grandfather ever did something like this you better believe I'd be out there looking for it. Lots of inconsistent statements including some that almost contradict previous ones. I can certainly see why after more than a couple years of doing this some folks decide to go do something more worthwhile with their time.

Hi J, you made me chuckle. One thing I will say is that we have had an incredible journey because of Forrest's chase. We went places we would never have gone and learned so much about a place that was once a cultural Mecca and now people couldn't care less about it. That feels pretty worthwhile, but it is time to do something else.

razyfamily
01-10-2019, 11:06 AM,
be sure those rocks are nice and kicked as the door hits ya

Peace

4 5m!13 4nd 4 9r!n f0r 0ur fr!3nd f0rr357 f3nn
01-10-2019, 11:21 AM,
(01-10-2019, 11:06 AM)lingerlonger Wrote: be sure those rocks are nice and kicked as the door hits ya

Peace

Who are you linger? Certainly not a newbie. I am really tired of the intolerance of differing opinions in the chase. Crazy has a right to this opinion, it is as valid as anyone elses. It actually shows a higher level of thought than most. All we have is one man’s word he hid this. That is a fact. The only surprise here is that more people are not questioning this.
I believe it is there, but not meant to be found for thousands of years. Fenn is a archeologist at heart and has experienced great joy digging up artifacts.....he wants someone a long time in the future to dig up his trove......that’s what I would do and that would be my motivation. Hair in the chest is for carbon dating, imo.
01-10-2019, 11:23 AM,
Consider this,
Would any sane man willingly leave his family a legacy of dishonor, deceit and dishonesty ?
01-10-2019, 11:33 AM,
The terms that are in front of you, are different for everyone who decides to take Fenn at his word.

Every person has a beginning.

Lucky for me, and my compadres, we have a completely different painting of who Forrest Fenn is.

To stumble upon The Chase, and not consider the source, will lead you to your own imagination, and nothing more. You will be a prisoner of your own devices, not Fenns.

The picture of Fenn as I know it, is dark and sadistic. It’s out there if you choose to dig, but most people are content with the the narrative that Fenn has provided.

The Chase is only as true and real as the author. He isn’t half the man you think, but I’m not here to even try to convince anyone, because human nature is just that.

There was a beginning for Fenn. If you would have known him before, you wouldn’t be looking for a bronze box now.

Such is the human condition.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SKRma7PDW10
01-10-2019, 11:38 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-10-2019, 11:48 AM by crazyfamily.)
(01-10-2019, 11:21 AM)Bet Wrote: I believe it is there, but not meant to be found for thousands of years. Fenn is a archeologist at heart and has experienced great joy digging up artifacts.....he wants someone a long time in the future to dig up his trove......that’s what I would do and that would be my motivation. Hair in the chest is for carbon dating, imo.

This is one possibility that I have not pursued. If the chest is buried, then Forrest never intended for it to be found. His comment Someday, will all of the land in New Mexico be covered with houses and asphalt? comes out of nowhere with no real context. If he has buried the treasure and it gets paved over, it will surely never be found. But it could be uncovered during excavation. Is that the same thing as stumbling on it?

(01-10-2019, 11:23 AM)sharpsburg8 Wrote: Consider this,
Would any sane man willingly leave his family a legacy of dishonor, deceit and dishonesty ?

If it's a hoax, then that's part of the deception. He would have to admit it - it can never be proven. Consider this, why would any sane man do what he's done to his family. They've had stalkers, news crews, searchers all invading their house for the last 8 years. I barely made it through two months of house showings when we sold our house. Maddening.

(01-10-2019, 11:33 AM)Mongo Wrote: The terms that are in front of you, are different for everyone who decides to take Fenn at his word. Every person has a beginning. Lucky for me, and my compadres, we have a completely different painting of who Forrest Fenn is. To stumble upon The Chase, and not consider the source, will lead you to your own imagination, and nothing more. You will be a prisoner of your own devices, not Fenns. The picture of Fenn as I know it, is dark and sadistic. It’s out there if you choose to dig, but most people are content with the the narrative that Fenn has provided. The Chase is only as true and real as the author. He isn’t half the man you think, but I’m not here to even try to convince anyone, because human nature is just that. There was a beginning for Fenn. If you would have known him before, you wouldn’t be looking for a bronze box now. Such is the human condition.

Interesting. I agree that people are happy with the narrative that he has provided. Did you know him before?

razyfamily
01-10-2019, 11:47 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-10-2019, 11:51 AM by Mongo.)
(01-10-2019, 11:38 AM)crazyfamily Wrote:
(01-10-2019, 11:21 AM)Bet Wrote: I believe it is there, but not meant to be found for thousands of years. Fenn is a archeologist at heart and has experienced great joy digging up artifacts.....he wants someone a long time in the future to dig up his trove......that’s what I would do and that would be my motivation. Hair in the chest is for carbon dating, imo.

This is one possibility that I have not pursued. If the chest is buried, then Forrest never intended for it to be found. His comment Someday, will all of the land in New Mexico be covered with houses and asphalt? comes out of nowhere with no real context. If he has buried the treasure and it gets paved over, it will surely never be found. But it could be uncovered during excavation. Is that the same thing as stumbling on it?

If it's a hoax, then that's part of the deception. He would have to admit it - it can never be proven. Consider this, why would any sane man do what he's done to his family. They've had stalkers, news crews, searchers all invading their house for the last 8 years.

razyfamily
And here you can define the condition that I have spoke of.

Fenn says he thought of everything.

Some people actually believe this.

Fenn is a very greedy man. He failed to consider the consequences that his family would face. He never once thought of his family, just himself.

This is Forrest Fenn.

(01-10-2019, 11:38 AM)crazyfamily Wrote:

If it's a hoax, then that's part of the deception. He would have to admit it - it can never be proven. Consider this, why would any sane man do what he's done to his family. They've had stalkers, news crews, searchers all invading their house for the last 8 years. I barely made it through two months of house showings when we sold our house. Maddening.

(01-10-2019, 11:33 AM)Mongo Wrote: The terms that are in front of you, are different for everyone who decides to take Fenn at his word. Every person has a beginning. Lucky for me, and my compadres, we have a completely different painting of who Forrest Fenn is. To stumble upon The Chase, and not consider the source, will lead you to your own imagination, and nothing more. You will be a prisoner of your own devices, not Fenns. The picture of Fenn as I know it, is dark and sadistic. It’s out there if you choose to dig, but most people are content with the the narrative that Fenn has provided. The Chase is only as true and real as the author. He isn’t half the man you think, but I’m not here to even try to convince anyone, because human nature is just that. There was a beginning for Fenn. If you would have known him before, you wouldn’t be looking for a bronze box now. Such is the human condition.

Interesting. I agree that people are happy with the narrative that he has provided. Did you know him before?

razyfamily
Good question. It’s a dish best served cold. I’ll leave it at that.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SKRma7PDW10