Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
It's Time To Come To Terms...
01-10-2019, 09:57 PM,
(01-10-2019, 09:29 PM)sharpsburg8 Wrote: Mindy,
I'm extremely sorry for you of what your husband did. But can you honestly base a personal incident that happened to you (unfortunately) color your opinion on Air Force Officers ?

Sharps,
You based your rational solely on F being a military officer. I was just pointing out that being a military officer necessarily means that you’re a good or trustworthy person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mindy's blogs:

http://www.fennhotspot.com
http://www.myeverwonderland.blogspot.com
01-10-2019, 11:59 PM,
What could I say to convince you. It has nothing to do with my solution. This is about a lack of evidence to continue in the chase. Everything Forrest writes is insurmountably unreliable. Searchers love to look for symbolism in everything, yet when something perfectly plausible pops up everyone puts on the denial glasses.

Recycling Mistake is a perfect example: It's his least favorite. An empty brass shell that got people killed, and hides behind books. Sounds like TTOTC to me. It may or may not be accurate, but it's just one thing. You've got to look at the big picture, right?

Some of the SB's were insults. Remember the three little piggies that turned in to boars! and the red Macaw that bites the hand that feeds it? He even apologized publicly when OUAW came out, remember the SB that he didn't want to put in there. Why did he even mention it. It was important to someone.

People just don't want to hear it, and that's fine.

razyfamily
01-11-2019, 12:19 AM,
(01-11-2019, 12:03 AM)NTMI Wrote: To an extent, and with the prerequisite IMO, sure.

When I first discovered the story of the chase, I convinced myself that I had the answer. Problem was, I was in FL at the time and the chase was front burner! I did the irrational things that irrational people were doing at the time, and attempted to drag my son into my mess. Thankfully, my son and wife knew the reason for my irrational behavior, and they intervened. And I didn't find it. Six months later, I had a totally different view, predicated on the non-existence of a treasure. The answers won't be revealed until forrest has a date after his dash, and that's by design. And I won't be concerned about the chase, before nor after that day comes.

It's all for entertainment purposes now.

Thanks, I've tried to do this, and I think I've finally just been bulldozed over by it. Not sure what a transvestite performer in Nice, France has to do with it. Guess we have to wait.

razyfamily
01-11-2019, 12:54 AM,
RE: It's Time To Come To Terms...
Mindy,
Your words are loud and clear.
I must have been mistaken.
01-11-2019, 01:54 AM,
(01-10-2019, 11:59 PM)crazyfamily Wrote: Everything Forrest writes is insurmountably unreliable.

everything he writes is unreliable? unreliable for what?

we are talking about finding the treasure right?

f has made it clear that the only thing reliable for finding the treasure is the poem

ALL THE INFORMATION is in the poem

have you been trying to figure it out using everything he writes?

Crazy, you're disappointing me

anybody trying to do that has no chance
01-11-2019, 08:21 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-11-2019, 12:02 PM by crazyfamily.)
I am certainly not doing this to collect fans or little gold stars by my avatar, so think what you will. Forrest specifically said that TTOTC was excellent research material, unfortunately, pretty much the entire book is a verisimilitude. It presents a problem for the title "A Memoir". What exactly is it a memoir of? It documents misconception and deceit, but Forrest said that it's as true to history as one man can average out the truth. "Nevertheless, the story of my treasure chest is true." The STORY is true, or the treasure chest is real. Which is it. If you've never talked to Forrest you're missing something very indicative of his personality. He IS Mr. Literal. If you said, hey I'm gonna run out to my car and get my water bottle. He might say, why don't you walk.

"If it doesn't stir your spirit then I hope at least it brings a smile to one of your dreams." WARNING: PURELY FOR ENTERTAINMENT. And we know what he said about the scrapbooks.

I'll add that all of this seems to be a challenge from Forrest to prove him wrong. People are so gullible that they take everything at face value never looking into anything for themselves. Something very similar to this statement is found in the writings of H.L.Mencken among the words that the original version of the famous epitaph that Forrest found on the French Soldiers headstone.
01-11-2019, 11:52 AM,
@Crazyfamily,
Your insight and mindset of Fenn is what most fail to see. I’m really surprised that you haven’t rested on an idea that the poem has been solved, or has had a conclusion and a finality. (That is, the poem itself).

You are correct in wanting to know the whole story, and how The Chase evolved into what it is now.

I guess I have been lucky and have found such people who believe as you do.

Make one thing perfectly clear, I’m not here to try and convince anyone of anything.
Only, each and everyone who chooses to take the Fenn challenge, can generate their own conclusions.

No doubt you have asked yourself the hard questions that few fail to do.

FACT:
The Chase is 100% predicated upon the word of Forrest Fenn.

In the past, and as it is now, it’s very dangerous to allow oneself to overlook the source, and give the professor a pass, and allow a single mans word to become truth.

Here lies the failure of the human condition and the total success of Forrest Fenn’s Chase.

The Chase is no different than a Credit Card scheme, a Ponzi scheme or a pyramid scheme. Just look at how many people get taken and no one seems to use common sense and learn from past mistakes.

Will this happen again? Yup. As sure as the sun is going to rise.

Fenn just dressed it up and put it all in a box that everyone wanted to open and see what was inside. I was lucky. I knew what to expect because I have seen the contents before and I also have seen this persons handiwork in the past.

I am just as curiously you are Crazyfamily, in wanting to know the exact origin of Fenn’s Chase. I think I’m really close, but in the end, no one will care. And that’s fine with me. As long as I can finally put a label on Fenn’s box and stick it on one of my shelves, then this journey to finally understand the master manipulators puzzle, is over and finished.

I have an opinion of Fenn. But, no one cares. In this case, everyone will have to form their opinion all by themselves.

I will never be a Fenn, in any shape form or fashion. I will help those that need help. I will protect my family and be a good person. I will continue righting the wrongs of those who prey on the weak, be it mind, spirit or pocketbook.

I look at all the shame that Fenn has bestowed upon his family name. The good he could have done. Instead, he threw it all away on a stupid stunt, that has forever cursed his family.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SKRma7PDW10
01-11-2019, 11:57 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-11-2019, 12:08 PM by crazyfamily.)
(01-11-2019, 01:54 AM)Chris Yates Wrote: ALL THE INFORMATION is in the poem
C'mon Chris, this is one of the most sophomoric things Forrest has said about the chase. Anyone could write a poem with all of the "information" in it that if followed precisely would lead to a needle in a haystack. Go straigt, turn right then walk all night... blah, blah, blah. All the information is in the poem.

Then he said:

Hello Forrest,

If in 500 years all a person has is the poem, and no back story: they don’t know “in the rocky mountains north of santa fe” or that there are 9 clues etc. Could a person reasonably just use the words in the poem and find your treasure chest?

Thank you ~Nope
Thank you Nope. Nope. f

(01-11-2019, 11:52 AM)Mongo Wrote: @Crazyfamily,
Your insight and mindset of Fenn is what most fail to see. I’m really surprised that you haven’t rested on an idea that the poem has been solved, or has had a conclusion and a finality. (That is, the poem itself).

Isn't that what I did in the first post. I have a chest, and a trove, but the treasure must be believed to be real.
01-11-2019, 12:17 PM,
(01-11-2019, 11:57 AM)crazyfamily Wrote: C'mon Chris, this is one of the most sophomoric things Forrest has said about the chase. Anyone could write a poem with all of the "information" in it that if followed precisely would lead to a needle in a haystack. Go straigt, turn right then walk all night... blah, blah, blah. All the information is in the poem.

Do you think those directions ("Go straight, turn right then walk all night") are very precise? Because they aren't.
01-11-2019, 12:18 PM,
(01-11-2019, 11:57 AM)crazyfamily Wrote:
(01-11-2019, 01:54 AM)Chris Yates Wrote: ALL THE INFORMATION is in the poem
C'mon Chris, this is one of the most sophomoric things Forrest has said about the chase. Anyone could write a poem with all of the "information" in it that if followed precisely would lead to a needle in a haystack. Go straigt, turn right then walk all night... blah, blah, blah. All the information is in the poem.

Then he said:

Hello Forrest,

If in 500 years all a person has is the poem, and no back story: they don’t know “in the rocky mountains north of santa fe” or that there are 9 clues etc. Could a person reasonably just use the words in the poem and find your treasure chest?

Thank you ~Nope
Thank you Nope. Nope. f

(01-11-2019, 11:52 AM)Mongo Wrote: @Crazyfamily,

Isn't that what I did in the first post. I have a chest, and a trove, but the treasure must be believed to be real.
Well, then, it’s over for you.
At least you have come to the correct ending.
The question you need to ask: What now?
Anything you say past this point on CC will be met with ugliness.
Fact is: No one cares what you think. They must arrive at the answer that you have, on their own. It’s just how people are. They can’t help themselves. No one thinks for themselves anymore. It’s easier to be a Lemming.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SKRma7PDW10