Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
It's Time To Come To Terms...
01-11-2019, 12:26 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-11-2019, 12:34 PM by crazyfamily.)
RE: It's Time To Come To Terms...
(01-11-2019, 12:17 PM)dude here Wrote: Do you think those directions ("Go straight, turn right then walk all night") are very precise? Because they aren't.

It depends on where you start.

(01-11-2019, 11:52 AM)Mongo Wrote: Well, then, it’s over for you.
At least you have come to the correct ending.
The question you need to ask: What now?
Anything you say past this point on CC will be met with ugliness.
Fact is: No one cares what you think. They must arrive at the answer that you have, on their own. It’s just how people are. They can’t help themselves. No one thinks for themselves anymore. It’s easier to be a Lemming.

You haven't been around long. Most of those posting here don't care what each other say. Nearly everyone is so focused on their thoughts that they totally disregard what others say. I have read most of what is here to try and have an understanding of what everyone thinks and believes. I can't help it if they disguise their true thoughts or intentions, but that's what I've done. I don't feel the need to search for a treasure chest any longer, there are much better things out there.
01-11-2019, 12:56 PM,
(01-11-2019, 12:26 PM)crazyfamily Wrote: I don't feel the need to search for a treasure chest any longer, there are much better things out there.

I agree with the latter. Re: the former, what was your solution?
01-11-2019, 01:09 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-11-2019, 01:26 PM by crazyfamily.)
(01-11-2019, 12:56 PM)John Brown Wrote:
(01-11-2019, 12:26 PM)crazyfamily Wrote: I don't feel the need to search for a treasure chest any longer, there are much better things out there.

I agree with the latter. Re: the former, what was your solution?

Hi John, I'm gonna keep watching to see what happens here. I don't watch other blogs because I believe those most likely to solve the poem are here, but I'm very surprised no one has mentioned any of the locations in my solution. Some have been close, maybe within striking distance! But not for a while.

Anyone interested in a guided tour?
01-11-2019, 01:27 PM,
(01-11-2019, 11:57 AM)crazyfamily Wrote:
(01-11-2019, 01:54 AM)Chris Yates Wrote: ALL THE INFORMATION is in the poem
C'mon Chris, this is one of the most sophomoric things Forrest has said about the chase. Anyone could write a poem with all of the "information" in it that if followed precisely would lead to a needle in a haystack. Go straigt, turn right then walk all night... blah, blah, blah. All the information is in the poem.

Then he said:

Hello Forrest,

If in 500 years all a person has is the poem, and no back story: they don’t know “in the rocky mountains north of santa fe” or that there are 9 clues etc. Could a person reasonably just use the words in the poem and find your treasure chest?

Thank you ~Nope
Thank you Nope. Nope. f

CF, you need to parse these things out logically

f has said all the information is in the poem. so that means if we are asking, with no backstory or the other info, and if all you have is the poem, could you find the treasure? if all the information is in the poem, then the answer is yes, you could find the treasure

the way you are reading this contradicts what f said about all the information being in the poem

let me tell you that if the person had asked f, could you find the treasure with only the poem, I would have been interested in the answer

but that isn't what they asked

f doesn't give stuff away on a silver platter. his answers are helpful for those willing to think and analyze.

so the person analyzing should ask themselves, if the answer is yes that a person can find the treasure with only the poem, what is the difference in the question asked that means the truthful answer to that specific question is no

and when you realize there is a difference, some people might think well would f be misleading like that?

but it is only misleading if you accept it at face value and don't think. this is how f does things, imo. if you think about it, rather than misleading, it is actually very revealing and helpful

but again there is a requirement on us to not expect important info to just be given away. think and analyze is the key

the revealing thing in his answer is this (and to reiterate the reveal comes from paying close attn to what specifically the question was asking which prompted a NO answer)

his answer is saying that all the information that is in the poem, that you need to find the treasure, cannot be determined/extracted using only the words

f said it was like he was an architect. the poem is a careful construction over years

he found a way to make a puzzle that is difficult, and it needs to be solved using logic and imagination

the construct of the poem is such that not all of the information needed is found in just the 166 words. like I say, this is actually a huge reveal, but you won't see it unless you think
01-11-2019, 01:31 PM,
(01-11-2019, 01:27 PM)Chris Yates Wrote:
(01-11-2019, 11:57 AM)crazyfamily Wrote:
(01-11-2019, 01:54 AM)Chris Yates Wrote: ALL THE INFORMATION is in the poem
C'mon Chris, this is one of the most sophomoric things Forrest has said about the chase. Anyone could write a poem with all of the "information" in it that if followed precisely would lead to a needle in a haystack. Go straigt, turn right then walk all night... blah, blah, blah. All the information is in the poem.

Then he said:

Hello Forrest,

If in 500 years all a person has is the poem, and no back story: they don’t know “in the rocky mountains north of santa fe” or that there are 9 clues etc. Could a person reasonably just use the words in the poem and find your treasure chest?

Thank you ~Nope
Thank you Nope. Nope. f

CF, you need to parse these things out logically

f has said all the information is in the poem. so that means if we are asking, with no backstory or the other info, and if all you have is the poem, could you find the treasure? if all the information is in the poem, then the answer is yes, you could find the treasure

the way you are reading this contradicts what f said about all the information being in the poem

let me tell you that if the person had asked f, could you find the treasure with only the poem, I would have been interested in the answer

f doesn't give stuff away on a silver platter. his answers are helpful for those willing to think and analyze.

so the person analyzing should ask themselves, if the answer is yes that a person can find the treasure with only the poem, what is the difference in the question asked that means the truthful answer to that specific question is no

and when you realize there is a difference, some people might think well would f be misleading like that?

but it is only misleading if you accept it at face value and don't think. this is how f does things, imo. if you think about it, rather than misleading, it is actually very revealing and helpful

but again there is a requirement on us to not expect important info to just be given away. think and analyze is the key

the revealing thing in his answer is this (and to reiterate the reveal comes from paying close attn to what specifically the question was asking which prompted a NO answer)

his answer is saying that all the information that is in the poem, that you need to find the treasure, cannot be determined/extracted using only the words

f said it was like he was an architect. the poem is a careful construction over years

he found a way to make a puzzle that is difficult, and it needs to be solved using logic and imagination

the construct of the poem is such that not all of the information needed is found in just the 166 words. like I say, this is actually a huge reveal, but you won't see it unless you think

If there is a physical tc, using just the words aren’t enough. You gotta use the spaces, too. Well, maybe the lost letters too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mindy's blogs:

http://www.fennhotspot.com
http://www.myeverwonderland.blogspot.com
01-11-2019, 01:38 PM,
(01-11-2019, 01:31 PM)Mindy Wrote: If there is a physical tc, using just the words aren’t enough. You gotta use the spaces, too. Well, maybe the lost letters too.

you may or may not be mentioning some correct things

but I can tell you, at least imo, there is more to it than that
01-11-2019, 01:38 PM,
(01-11-2019, 01:27 PM)Chris Yates Wrote: CF, you need to parse these things out logically

As usual, I think I have a vague understanding of what you're saying, but only because I think I have an idea of how you look at the poem. However, is the comment from Fenn that "all of the information that you need to find the treasure is in the poem" not part of the backstory? One would take the poem at face value for another thousand years. You have the benefit of everything that has come forward since.
01-11-2019, 02:15 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-11-2019, 02:18 PM by Chris Yates.)
(01-11-2019, 01:38 PM)crazyfamily Wrote: As usual, I think I have a vague understanding of what you're saying, but only because I think I have an idea of how you look at the poem. However, is the comment from Fenn that "all of the information that you need to find the treasure is in the poem" not part of the backstory? One would take the poem at face value for another thousand years. You have the benefit of everything that has come forward since.

you're in kind of a gray area there

the backstory is probably helpful. it's difficult to ascertain exactly how helpful. let me explain

i can conclude that its helpful if i look at it strictly from the point of view that if you didn't know a more defined area to consider, like in this case the Rockies in the USA, then its more difficult simply because I am having to consider a much bigger area, or perhaps anywhere

however, imo, the clues are in the poem and we can identify with a high degree of certainty as the clues are solved, the state and then more specific locales within the state and so on

when someone has solved some of the clues, then they don't need any backstory information. but did the backstory help them with initially narrowing down and eventually solving the clues that gave this specific information? maybe, so thats why its a gray area

in any case though, the clues could be solved without the backstory

in regards to your question about the information in the poem being part of the backstory. as to what I believe you're referring to as the backstory, I would say primarily, no

for example, the clues are identifying a state then identifying more specific locales. this information has not been given as part of the backstory.

when f says all the information you need, I take that to mean what it says, its information you need to find it. the information about the state then more specific areas and then more specific clues within those areas that eventually point out the chest location, this is the info we need to find it. we don't need the backstory info. again you could say it is helpful somehow in a general sense, but it isn't the info we need to try and figure the location within several steps
01-11-2019, 02:41 PM,
I’m sorry Chris, I wish you could see what you’re doing from my perspective. You are in too deep. Just like Buffalo Bill, and Forrest, Skippy and Donnie, and most of us here, you’ve been duped.

razyfamily
01-11-2019, 02:53 PM,
Are you ruling out that he could have meant that you need something outside the poem, such as a map or tools, to find the treasure? And if so, why?