Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
It's Time To Come To Terms...
5 hours ago, (This post was last modified: 5 hours ago by question.)
RE: It's Time To Come To Terms...
(Yesterday, 08:52 AM)Top Secret Wrote: He doesn't have to be psychotic but could be a sociopath. Most top executives are functioning sociopaths because their job require them to make decisions that are very difficult if possessing feelings. Intelligent sociopaths can mimic feelings and can appear normal. This fits Fenn's profile so without an official diagnosis either way, you can't come on here and play doctor.

Kpro said that Fenn had dementia, which can be misinterpreted as psychosis. I was taken aback when Once Upon A While was released because the forward was basically bragging about the number of deaths, and I'm thinking damn, there are families out there with loved ones. This isn't a treasure hunt for a Spanish galleon that sunk off the coast of Florida 500 years ago. There are grieving people who could read this.

After his experience in Vietnam, you would think that Fenn would not want to be indirectly responsible for anyone's death, but yet here we are. Damn the lives, full legacy ahead!

N.B. I enjoy the challenge but also believe that whoever finds the treasure is cursed. All those stolen Native American artifacts creep me out. I actually consulted the Tantaquidgeon Museum in Uncasville, CT, and they confirmed that any such treasure is indeed cursed. Note that Native American curses are quite common.
5 hours ago,
(Yesterday, 11:02 AM)Top Secret Wrote:
(Yesterday, 10:56 AM)crazyfamily Wrote: There's more than one way to skin a cat, err, bury a treasure.

razyfamily

Hey speaking of skinned cats, ever notice when the heat is on, Fenn puts out a distractor? Name the kitty. I wonder what his distraction plan is today, name the bunny?

I'm no good with names, but have a lot of experience lip-reading.
5 hours ago,
(5 hours ago)question Wrote:
(Yesterday, 08:52 AM)Top Secret Wrote: He doesn't have to be psychotic but could be a sociopath. Most top executives are functioning sociopaths because their job require them to make decisions that are very difficult if possessing feelings. Intelligent sociopaths can mimic feelings and can appear normal. This fits Fenn's profile so without an official diagnosis either way, you can't come on here and play doctor.

Kpro said that Fenn had dementia, which can be misinterpreted as psychosis. I was taken aback when Once Upon A While was released because the forward was basically bragging about the number of deaths, and I'm thinking damn, there are families out there with loved ones. This isn't a treasure hunt for a Spanish galleon that sunk off the coast of Florida 500 years ago. There are grieving people who could read this.

After his experience in Vietnam, you would think that Fenn would not want to be indirectly responsible for anyone's death, but yet here we are. Damn the lives, full legacy ahead!

N.B. I enjoy the challenge but also believe that whoever finds the treasure is cursed. All those stolen Native American artifacts creep me out. I actually consulted the Tantaquidgeon Museum in Uncasville, CT, and they confirmed that any such treasure is indeed cursed. Note that Native American curses are quite common.
I heard a rumor somewhere that 9 must die before the Fenn curse is removed. I believe that is wishful thinking, that treasure is cursed forever, whoever finds it will wish they had not.
5 hours ago, (This post was last modified: 5 hours ago by Andrew Jef.)
(8 hours ago)LurkerMike Wrote:
(11 hours ago)Seeker9 Wrote: My take on this contest.. Someone in a FB group posted some stuff about their copy of the book TFTW. This gentleman posted that he's sent his copy of TFTW to FF to be autographed. He went on to say that he might have messed up the postage as F wIll not send him his book back because "He doesn't want to wait in the dumb line at the post office." The guy goes on to say that he's called F many times, that F cant hear well, and F cant carry on a conversation and a few other kind of insensitive things. Two days later we get a contest offering up an autographed copy of TFTW. Hmmmm?

I bought 10 of the first set of coins from Cowlazars. What I received was an empty envelope from the Post Office.

Mike did offer to replace them, but I don't see it as his fault. The Post Office is in big trouble today and is not the old reliable Postal System it used to be.

Those coins were probably torn from the envelope by a Flat Sorter machine and were tossed into a pile of other similar mail loose contents that accumulate under those machines each day. Eventually those piles of lost contents will be sold at auction in Atlanta GA. And some lucky Pawn Shop will have my coins for pennies to make a sweet profit on.

One of life's lessons is knowing when to write off a loss and just let it go.

Fate seems to have decided I am better off without those coins. Why?

Never question fate is the correct answer.

(01-14-2019, 05:36 AM)Mindy Wrote: ...for those of us who had hoped, there comes a point when all your research, and your reading of the book upteen million times, leads you not to a physical treasure chest, but to an “awakening.” That the thrill was always meant to be in the chase.

“It’s not the quarry you seek, but the chase.”

Just like we are not seeking the end of life, but are enjoying the journey there...

...We start this chase with nothing but a hope of finding a treasure. We go exploring, hike, and arrive where we started, with no physical treasure chest, and the end is altered, yet still fulfilled. Most of us have made great memories as we searched with family and friends. It has been a journey. In a way, F has delivered — most of us have found treasure...

Very well said and on this much I totally agree.

Where I differ is only in that I believe the chest is out there and finding is only a bonus.

However, the odds of finding it are so low that it might as well be nonexistent. But we could not have had the Chase without it, or at least the promise of it.

So to me, the question of whether the chest is really out there is a mute one. It really doesn't matter to me either way at this point because I have my solve(s) to explore with no expectation of ever finding the chest. And I'm totally good with that.

I could recommend some gorgeous "wilderness" areas to explore in
California. In some of them, you're allowed to back-pedal a bike. Or
if you prefer, a tricycle.

(8 hours ago)Top Secret Wrote:
(01-14-2019, 05:36 AM)Mindy Wrote: ...for those of us who had hoped, there comes a point when all your research, and your reading of the book upteen million times, leads you not to a physical treasure chest, but to an “awakening.” That the thrill was always meant to be in the chase.

“It’s not the quarry you seek, but the chase.”

Listening to this now makes perfect sense. In redneck terms, "Hey you greedy ba$tards, this is not about treasure, so there isn't any!!!! Now get the heck out there and chase something! Cause chas'n s'where it's at!"

For y'all who don't believe there's a TC to be found after a GREAT solve,
I'm glad y'all won't be bothered when the TC has a new owner. Y'all can
still hike in any of many nice places, enjoying the scenery.
5 hours ago,
(8 hours ago)LurkerMike Wrote:
(11 hours ago)Seeker9 Wrote: My take on this contest.. Someone in a FB group posted some stuff about their copy of the book TFTW. This gentleman posted that he's sent his copy of TFTW to FF to be autographed. He went on to say that he might have messed up the postage as F wIll not send him his book back because "He doesn't want to wait in the dumb line at the post office." The guy goes on to say that he's called F many times, that F cant hear well, and F cant carry on a conversation and a few other kind of insensitive things. Two days later we get a contest offering up an autographed copy of TFTW. Hmmmm?

I bought 10 of the first set of coins from Cowlazars. What I received was an empty envelope from the Post Office.

Mike did offer to replace them, but I don't see it as his fault. The Post Office is in big trouble today and is not the old reliable Postal System it used to be.

Those coins were probably torn from the envelope by a Flat Sorter machine and were tossed into a pile of other similar mail loose contents that accumulate under those machines each day.

You're a nice guy. I would absolutely say it was the shippers fault. The coins weren't packaged properly. When the price of silver went up to $50/oz a decade ago I sold a bunch of my silver dollars on e-bay. All of them made it because I packaged them carefully enough that they would not fall out of the envelope.
5 hours ago,
LurkerMike is definitely a nice guy. Good to have quality members contributing.
5 hours ago,
(5 hours ago)question Wrote: N.B. I enjoy the challenge but also believe that whoever finds the treasure is cursed. All those stolen Native American artifacts creep me out. I actually consulted the Tantaquidgeon Museum in Uncasville, CT, and they confirmed that any such treasure is indeed cursed. Note that Native American curses are quite common.

the power of the curse would be to the extent someone is willing to believe in it

so to you, it is cursed

for me, I will take the treasure home and be happy in my new found riches
Go Rams!
4 hours ago,
(5 hours ago)question Wrote:

Agree with you on this......Something which has caused so much suffering and so many deaths is cursed in my book. I had no idea the forward in OUAW was bragging about these deaths. Sick.....why hasn’t anyone posted this before......I guess it doesn’t fit the Pollyanna narrative.
4 hours ago,
(5 hours ago)Chris Yates Wrote: the power of the curse would be to the extent someone is willing to believe in it so to you, it is cursed for me, I will take the treasure home and be happy in my new found riches

I just place a Top Secret Curse on you Rams for this weekend. Saints will prevail! Enjoy your LA riches! lol
4 hours ago,
(4 hours ago)Top Secret Wrote:
(5 hours ago)Chris Yates Wrote: the power of the curse would be to the extent someone is willing to believe in it so to you, it is cursed for me, I will take the treasure home and be happy in my new found riches

I just place a Top Secret Curse on you Rams for this weekend. Saints will prevail! Enjoy your LA riches! lol

What about the Pats?