Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
leave my bones
01-10-2019, 10:16 AM,
leave my bones
if fenn had left it leave my bones how else would the poem change? what other possible clues can we gain from this?

the original said " take the treasure chest , but leave my bones, and go in peace."
Follow me on Twitter @zombiecupkake According to my secret sources YOU are not in the 200' foot club. However I take bribes and will tell you where to look. It won't be the right spot though cause I want the chest, its a rabbit hole. Did I say that out loud?
01-10-2019, 01:20 PM,
RE: leave my bones
The only thing i could confirm with research is that “leave my bones” was orginally part of the poem. No other details you say are actual facts, all online speculation from third parties

With that, MY OPINION is this was in the 1988 version of the poem. Designed to not be in a book, or read while he was alive. I also think the “last clue” to be left in the parking lot was the actual poem to kick off the chase.

(MORE OPINION) When the poem was adjusted 15-20 years later (I do not think it took 15 years total to write; this is just the duration from first draft to last, with a hefty hiatus in the middle) stanza 5 & 6 were added. I believe stanza 4 ended with “and leave my bones” and was the end of the 1988 version of the poem.
01-10-2019, 01:24 PM,
(01-10-2019, 01:20 PM)darwindog Wrote: The only thing i could confirm with research is that “leave my bones” was orginally part of the poem. No other details you say are actual facts, all online speculation from third parties

With that, MY OPINION is this was in the 1988 version of the poem. Designed to not be in a book, or read while he was alive. I also think the “last clue” to be left in the parking lot was the actual poem to kick off the chase.

(MORE OPINION) When the poem was adjusted 15-20 years later (I do not think it took 15 years total to write; this is just the duration from first draft to last, with a hefty hiatus in the middle) stanza 5 & 6 were added. I believe stanza 4 ended with “and leave my bones” and was the end of the 1988 version of the poem.

actually forrest himself said it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RzrIu3h...k&index=10
go to about 11:30 in the video and listen to forrest say leave my bones.

FYI i dont quote if i havent fact checked. and your welcome on learning a new fenn fact Smile
Follow me on Twitter @zombiecupkake According to my secret sources YOU are not in the 200' foot club. However I take bribes and will tell you where to look. It won't be the right spot though cause I want the chest, its a rabbit hole. Did I say that out loud?
01-10-2019, 02:23 PM,
I agree he said “leave my bones” was part of the earlier poem. I did not hear anything indicating the other poem pieces you mention were associated with it, just that it was the “end of the poem” (at that time).

He never said it was the last line of stanza 6.

Here’s a fact for you in return, the chest weighs between 34 and 36 lbs fully loaded.
01-10-2019, 02:46 PM,
Hmm. "Leave my bones and take the chest". Perhaps they wouldn't literally be his bones, but the bones of a pet? Something that belonged to him? Just a thought.
01-10-2019, 02:58 PM,
I've always wondered about the "Leave my bones" poem change comment. I think the fourth, fifth, and maybe even the first stanzas, could have all been a little diffrent. I wonder how early in the whole process this change took place. "Leave my bones," kinda tells us at this point F may have thought he was going to die from the cancer Sad and go through with his plan. Which begs the question; since he hadn't written TTOTC yet, where would he have published the original poem, and still have been able to pull off the plan without being found out?
-- in the video he pauses for just a touch after he says, "Leave my bones," and I always add "alone" to it for some reason.
Leave my bones alone! Smile
01-11-2019, 04:09 PM,
Stones?
Davy Jones?
Headphones?
Telephones?
Moans?
Clones?
saxophones?
01-12-2019, 10:27 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-12-2019, 10:28 AM by zombiecupkake.)
If you’ve been wise and found the stones...
Just take the chest and leave my bones.
01-15-2019, 05:43 AM,
imo; bingo zombiecupkake
just saying ss
01-15-2019, 10:18 AM,
besides that where can we simplify the wording to match ? like what can we change down and brown to which are similar but rhyme and still work and have the same meaning? and thank you Steve Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Go & leave he trove, so all b fair 5GIRLS 3 938 10-29-2018, 09:00 PM
Last Post: 5GIRLS
  Last Q/A- he did leave something near the chest, I'm w+under DeeepThnkr 10 2,360 07-21-2018, 11:17 AM
Last Post: DeeepThnkr
  So why is it I must go and leave geydelkon 1 1,229 10-28-2017, 01:02 PM
Last Post: hawkeye
  Stumbling upon the bones Mack 23 8,474 07-30-2017, 01:35 AM
Last Post: hawkeye
  Leave My Bones And Take The Chest Eldorado 11 5,504 01-30-2017, 12:52 PM
Last Post: jdigginsz
  Does FF want to still leave his bones at the treasure "spot?" troutfisher 10 4,338 04-27-2016, 12:03 PM
Last Post: musstag