Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why would anyone
01-12-2019, 12:54 AM,
Why would anyone
continue to spend any amount of time on ChaseChat, or any other Chase related site, if they have no faith that Fenn REALLY hid a Treasure Chest? I think ALL these nay sayers are still saying "WHAT IF", and are looking for some help.
01-12-2019, 02:31 AM,
RE: Why would anyone
5girls

let's join hands and shed a tear for all those on chase chat, who when the treasure is found will have egg on their face and no one will even care

(being a 7%er means never having to say you're sorry)
01-12-2019, 07:29 AM,
(01-12-2019, 12:54 AM)5GIRLS Wrote: continue to spend any amount of time on ChaseChat, or any other Chase related site, if they have no faith that Fenn REALLY hid a Treasure Chest? I think ALL these nay sayers are still saying "WHAT IF", and are looking for some help.

I've been asking myself that same question. What would be the motivation of those who state so loudly and insistently that the Chase is a hoax?

I've wondered if these threads of doubt and negativity are woven to create a cloak of deception through disinformation designed to discourage weary veterans and exuberant newcomers to the Chase in order to reduce competition as they themselves remain feverishly intent on solving the poem and discovering the path to the chest they claim to doubt exists.

On the spectrum of such Searchers are those who:

- Would pay others for clues
- Form false alliances in order to gain another's insight
- Purposely spread disinformation about their own Solves
- Attempt to seduce clues from Forrest Fenn
- Bully, berate and threaten fellow Searchers and Forrest Fenn
- Make claims of forthcoming revelations of egregious wrongdoings by Forrest Fenn

With such negativity, sometimes posted under the notion of being Public Service Announcements, it would be easy to understand why other veterans who may be wavering with regard to their own solves or those new to the chase may be persuaded to walk away.

Of course, there are those Searchers who may be considered extreme in the opposite end of the greater collective of Searchers; those who ardently support the belief that the chest exists and is "in fact" hidden somewhere in the Rocky Mountains. These folks defend Forrest Fenn vigorously in the face of implied uncertainty (no chest, no proof) and scornful attacks by the "doubters".

So, in one sense, as with religion, you have Strong Believers and Avowed Atheists making up segments of the Chase population. There is a third group - the Agnostics. In the realm of the Chase, this third group supports neither extreme philosophies of the other groups. Those in this group (of which I consider myself to be a member) are somewhere in the middle - and that is significant.

Most members of the Agnostics are more thoughtful, more even-tempered, more analytical and more objective than those members of the other extremist factions who may be blinded by emotions wrought by their extreme counterparts.

Ironically, in my opinion, those Atheistic extremists whose posts may serve to reduce the overall field of Searchers may be creating a stronger Agnostic group - the most likely group from which a Victor may appear...time will tell.

Peace,

Inohury
01-12-2019, 09:04 AM,
It helps make them feel smart and important. It's the same as the folks who post cryptic hints, the ones who think they are ahead of the pack and have to let everyone know. It gives them a sense of pride and self worth.
01-12-2019, 01:13 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-12-2019, 01:17 PM by Chris Yates.)
(01-12-2019, 12:35 PM)brubr Wrote: I had all the proof I need when I found the blaze. Oops, sorry. Late for a cult meeting......

when you realize you don't have the blaze and you're not near the treasure, and I understand that may take a while, will you then be joining the naysayers?

or will you say, I'm wrong and I'm going to try a different solve and keep searching?

or would you quit?
01-12-2019, 02:36 PM,
(01-12-2019, 02:07 PM)brubr Wrote:
(01-12-2019, 01:13 PM)Chris Yates Wrote: when you realize you don't have the blaze and you're not near the treasure, and I understand that may take a while, will you then be joining the naysayers?

or will you say, I'm wrong and I'm going to try a different solve and keep searching?

or would you quit?

Sorry, but....I DO have the blaze (actually, its still up there, just not where Fenn placed it) and I AM near the treasure. Since you dont know, you cant say, but apparently, ignorance doesnt stop you.

I wont be giving up until I find the chest.

understand that many of the folks claiming there isn't a real chest hidden in the Rockies were saying what you're saying not that long ago

the inability to be realistic and honest with themselves of the likely possibility that they wouldn't figure anything out may have been an indicator of their future change of heart

becoming too emotionally invested and not recognizing the true probability that you are wrong, can ultimately lead to severe disappointment and bitterness as over time the reality sinks in that you know nothing at all about whats going in the hunt

Brubr, I am hoping that doesn't happen to you

some of those folks may have been too emotionally invested beyond what is realistic because they are hooked on the idea of themselves being somebody who knows whats going on and that they are perceived that way

when after years reality sets in that they know nothing, the motivation then would be to position themselves under a different argument where they are relevant again

the treasure chest isn't really out there! f didn't actually hide a real treasure! I know whats going on! look at the evidence!

there is no evidence that f is the twisted individual who would do such a thing

an imperfect and flawed person, sure

but whats been presented as indications f is someone capable of committing a fraud on such a scale, fails spectacularly to do that

he peed in a gas tank when he was younger? lol

he sold fake paintings? if you sell someone something fake and don't tell them that's unethical

if you are truthful with someone and make an honest business transaction. this is ethical. not difficult to understand i hope
01-12-2019, 06:42 PM,
(01-12-2019, 05:05 PM)brubr Wrote: So you might as well save your breath and focus your concern on your own solution.

but your solution sounds so much more interesting than mine
01-12-2019, 07:58 PM,
(01-12-2019, 12:54 AM)5GIRLS Wrote: continue to spend any amount of time on ChaseChat, or any other Chase related site, if they have no faith that Fenn REALLY hid a Treasure Chest? I think ALL these nay sayers are still saying "WHAT IF", and are looking for some help.
Good question 5Girls and thank you for creating a separate thread. I think one of the greatest self-defense mechanisms to protect the fear of being a hoax is the "oh they didn't find the chest so it must be sour grapes" My personal feeling is the blogs are by Fenn's words for entertainment. No one really talks about the clues in the poem anymore. All has been discussed, I do not think I have read an original new idea in a year. It as if all has been discussed and there is nothing left.

From an entertaining and intellectually stimulating debate POV I think it is healthy to debate the existence of the chest and hoax verses the constant raw raw cult mentality. It is good to have balance as long as the comments appear in the relevant threads. That way those that still believe in Santa can avoid them
01-12-2019, 08:37 PM,
(01-12-2019, 08:31 PM)Dr. Coffee Wrote: These nay say'ers are most likely quite intelligent and highly successful at most everything they undertake. However these nay say'ers most likely have failed at solving the first few clues and begin to feel inferior to others that have solved them. These feeling are uncomfortable and unusual to them so they have the need to lie to themselves and justify their failure by claiming it's a hoax.

I am quoting your comment but not for any particular reason
01-12-2019, 08:43 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-12-2019, 08:44 PM by Top Secret.)
(01-12-2019, 08:31 PM)Dr. Coffee Wrote: These nay say'ers are most likely quite intelligent and highly successful at most everything they undertake. However these nay say'ers most likely have failed at solving the first few clues and begin to feel inferior to others that have solved them. These feeling are uncomfortable and unusual to them so they have the need to lie to themselves and justify their failure by claiming it's a hoax.
I agree with your first part. There is no way of confirming either way of the level of confirmation for the first few clues, Fenn himself says no one can confirm whether they have the first clue correct until they have solved the last clue(retrieved the treasure). He even said the ones who were closest don't even know how close they were. There is only possible one person who knows they are close and that is the one that gave Fenn the gut feeling. For all anyone knows, the biggest nay sayer could have solved the poem and retrieved the chest and toying with y'all. There really no way of telling what anyone's motivation is, including Fenn's true motivation for hiding the chest.JMHO

(01-12-2019, 08:37 PM)Chris Yates Wrote:

I am quoting your comment but not for any particular reason
Rams suck go Cowboys!