Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why would anyone
01-12-2019, 08:37 PM,
RE: Why would anyone
(01-12-2019, 08:31 PM)Dr. Coffee Wrote: These nay say'ers are most likely quite intelligent and highly successful at most everything they undertake. However these nay say'ers most likely have failed at solving the first few clues and begin to feel inferior to others that have solved them. These feeling are uncomfortable and unusual to them so they have the need to lie to themselves and justify their failure by claiming it's a hoax.

I am quoting your comment but not for any particular reason
01-12-2019, 08:43 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-12-2019, 08:44 PM by Top Secret.)
(01-12-2019, 08:31 PM)Dr. Coffee Wrote: These nay say'ers are most likely quite intelligent and highly successful at most everything they undertake. However these nay say'ers most likely have failed at solving the first few clues and begin to feel inferior to others that have solved them. These feeling are uncomfortable and unusual to them so they have the need to lie to themselves and justify their failure by claiming it's a hoax.
I agree with your first part. There is no way of confirming either way of the level of confirmation for the first few clues, Fenn himself says no one can confirm whether they have the first clue correct until they have solved the last clue(retrieved the treasure). He even said the ones who were closest don't even know how close they were. There is only possible one person who knows they are close and that is the one that gave Fenn the gut feeling. For all anyone knows, the biggest nay sayer could have solved the poem and retrieved the chest and toying with y'all. There really no way of telling what anyone's motivation is, including Fenn's true motivation for hiding the chest.JMHO

(01-12-2019, 08:37 PM)Chris Yates Wrote:

I am quoting your comment but not for any particular reason
Rams suck go Cowboys!
01-12-2019, 10:40 PM,
(01-12-2019, 07:58 PM)Top Secret Wrote:
(01-12-2019, 12:54 AM)5GIRLS Wrote: continue to spend any amount of time on ChaseChat, or any other Chase related site, if they have no faith that Fenn REALLY hid a Treasure Chest? I think ALL these nay sayers are still saying "WHAT IF", and are looking for some help.
Good question 5Girls and thank you for creating a separate thread. I think one of the greatest self-defense mechanisms to protect the fear of being a hoax is the "oh they didn't find the chest so it must be sour grapes" My personal feeling is the blogs are by Fenn's words for entertainment. No one really talks about the clues in the poem anymore. All has been discussed, I do not think I have read an original new idea in a year. It as if all has been discussed and there is nothing left.

From an entertaining and intellectually stimulating debate POV I think it is healthy to debate the existence of the chest and hoax verses the constant raw raw cult mentality. It is good to have balance as long as the comments appear in the relevant threads. That way those that still believe in Santa can avoid them
There are books of things left to the poem which have not been discussed. Nobody is talkin about those things cause of how intricate they are. So complicated. Just genius. Ask anybody who knows...
01-13-2019, 09:18 PM,
(01-12-2019, 12:54 AM)5GIRLS Wrote: continue to spend any amount of time on ChaseChat, or any other Chase related site, if they have no faith that Fenn REALLY hid a Treasure Chest? I think ALL these nay sayers are still saying "WHAT IF", and are looking for some help.

I found out about the chase a little over two years ago after catching an episode of Expedition Unknown. I have so far made a conscious effort to decipher the 9 clues using only the poem. Even though I work only on the poem one cannot help but notice statements and posts made by FF. Over the last two years I've found an increasing number of inconsistent statements made by FF including some that contradict previous ones. Any good investigator will tell you that's always a big red flag. I've also learned more about FF through his own stories and blog posts and that has only fueled more doubt for me personally. Like most searchers I want to believe there's life-changing wealth and financial security sitting out there in the mountains somewhere. I just don't know if I believe anything this guy says anymore. The fact is FF has made a living out of making people want things that he has and he's very good at it, maybe one of the best ever so for me I try to make sure I'm not blinded by my own greed. That and my distance from the search area is why this is a casual pursuit for me. Is this a real life treasure hunt or a hoax to make FF immortal and a treasure legend like Oak Island, Beale, Dutchman Mine, etc... I don't know I guess that's why I keep coming back.
01-13-2019, 10:31 PM,
Yall ever think F got a gut feeling from some of these posts, and not from an email? He said people told him where they were searching, and that's how he came up with the 500', 200', but he does like to embelish just a little.
01-13-2019, 10:38 PM,
Why would anyone
Wouldn't it be ironic if the one who was closest is among those who don't believe the chest is real.

razyfamily
01-13-2019, 10:41 PM,
(01-13-2019, 10:38 PM)crazyfamily Wrote: Wouldn't it be ironic if the one who was closest is among those who don't believe the chest is real.

razyfamily

I seriously doubt that but then again doubt is a empty hole in the heart.
01-13-2019, 10:56 PM,
That what I talkin bout CF
01-13-2019, 11:25 PM,
(01-13-2019, 10:38 PM)crazyfamily Wrote: Wouldn't it be ironic if the one who was closest is among those who don't believe the chest is real.
That is a possibility, with all these comments about being close for so many years, the indication someone is close going on for so many years, gut feeling, but no chest. Did the solver walk away? Interesting way to look at it. Sure anything is possible.
01-13-2019, 11:41 PM,
(01-13-2019, 11:25 PM)Top Secret Wrote:
That is a possibility, with all these comments about being close for so many years, the indication someone is close going on for so many years, gut feeling, but no chest. Did the solver walk away? Interesting way to look at it. Sure anything is possible.

I'm not sure the Hunter has walked away. He probably is wondering what will happen if/when an announcement of the retrieval of the chest is made.

What will the Non-believers say and do?
What will the devout followers say and do?

How about the 7%ers?

What about the people who gave up because of the negative comments and allegations of fraud that have been posted on certain forums associated with the Chase? Will any of those folks become 7%ers who turn their ire toward those who drove them from the Chase, believing that, were it not for those people, they would have continued efforts to solve the poem and "likely" would have been the Retriever?

I guess anything is possible. I mean, look at our current Congress.