Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Indulgence - Is the treasure real?
01-14-2019, 08:19 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-14-2019, 08:21 AM by astree.)
The question of whether Forrest treasure story about hiding Indulgence is true, is currently under heavy discussion in several forums.

An aspect that I havent seen discussed is his choice of the name Indulgence for the chest.

First, indulgences became popular in the Catholic church during the Middle Ages; toward the end of this time period is when we are lead to believe the chest was made.

An indulgence is a forgiveness of sins for a good action (Catholics can better explain this). The idea behind this, though, is that Forrest used the treasure hunt as a good deed to compensate for things he felt bad about. I know hes not Catholic, but it seems reasonable that the he used the name association because of its connection to the Middle Ages. The treasure hunt is his Indulgence, and it would need to be real to qualify.

It then becomes a judgement call as to what level of detail he went to in providing supporting details, if the treasure story is a fabrication. Did he name the chest Indulgence just to provide a subtle support for the story?

It is also possible that he also “indulged” himself in creating the treasure and the hunt. Or, in creating a hoax. Im not personally of this belief.
=====

DON’T RESEARCH...THINK!!!

https://www.allmovie.com/movie/v46056

WP (stock symbol)
01-14-2019, 08:37 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-14-2019, 08:39 AM by crazyfamily.)
Consider too, the other name he considered for the chest, "Tarzan." Did Forrest not "conquer" the Vietnam jungle? He was contemplating walking out to the sea, but decided that it would be unfair to his family. There are deep meanings involved in a seemingly simple task.

razyfamily

Also, please don't mistake what I am trying to pose as Forrest perpetrating a heartless hoax.

razyfamily
01-14-2019, 10:38 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-14-2019, 10:39 AM by astree.)
RE: Indulgence - Is the treasure real?
I think about the Tarzan angle, too, and have some ideas. I also think its worthwhile to look at aspects of whether the treasure is truly hidden or not, but didnt want to derail your “come to terms” thread.

One of the questions i consider is”To what level of detail would Forrest go to support the Chase, if its a fabrication”? Many other comments, like the Weekly comments at mysteriouswritings, are specfic....”I made two trips from the car...one afternoon ........” . And things the bio and its reason. The IOU that he thinks he may have removed. Laughing out loud after hiding it. So many minor details.
=====

WP (stock symbol)
01-14-2019, 11:26 AM,
One thing I find especially contradictory is that the whole thing is deeply personal and the spot is special. One might even hold the location in high regard. He never considered another spot and was going to make it work no matter what. He has only been there a few times and can never go back, but it was the only place he considered to leave a two million dollar cache. Is this logical?

razyfamily
01-14-2019, 11:52 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-14-2019, 11:52 AM by astree.)
Thanks for the Tarzan story, its.not.true. I didn't know about that.

(01-14-2019, 11:26 AM)crazyfamily Wrote: One thing I find especially contradictory is that the whole thing is deeply personal and the spot is special. One might even hold the location in high regard. He never considered another spot and was going to make it work no matter what. He has only been there a few times and can never go back, but it was the only place he considered to leave a two million dollar cache. Is this logical?

razyfamily

I'm not sure if it's logical, with the information given. If I recall, he did say it was special enough to him, that he considered dying there, and having some type of treasure with him (so that he could take part of it with him). (Please correct if this is wrong).

I consider the possibility that there is something fairly unique about the spot, which is not publicly known.
=====

WP (stock symbol)
01-14-2019, 12:47 PM,
Forrest speaks of wars on top of wars. I'm looking for treasures on top of treasures! Tarzan had Opar, I believe. A place he could return to and replenish his wealth, as needed.
01-14-2019, 04:44 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-14-2019, 04:45 PM by admin.)
I lean towards it was in San Lazaro, he removed it because he didn't want me to take it and I believe he let Cynthia have it. Ibelive the IOU had to do with the chest wasn't the actual treasure but the pueblo was. My other possibility I believe is that it was a hoax.
Surprised any other site considers a hoax. We we're all blacklisted for suggesting that.
© Stephanie
01-14-2019, 07:24 PM,
(01-14-2019, 12:47 PM)findingit Wrote: Forrest speaks of wars on top of wars. I'm looking for treasures on top of treasures! Tarzan had Opar, I believe. A place he could return to and replenish his wealth, as needed.

That’s funny cause the Bible talks about the land of Ophir where the gold is plenty... hmmmm
01-14-2019, 07:27 PM,
(01-14-2019, 07:24 PM)McFly Wrote: That’s funny cause the Bible talks about the land of Ophir where the gold is plenty... hmmmm

I thought you left. Did I misunderstand a previous post?

No problem if you are staying, of course. Maybe I mixed you up with another poster.
01-14-2019, 07:35 PM,
(01-14-2019, 07:24 PM)McFly Wrote: That’s funny cause the Bible talks about the land of Ophir where the gold is plenty... hmmmm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T41cUjIcyug

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Indulgence age and Credibility gap/Sitting Bull Pipe Top Secret 102 8,015 05-08-2019, 09:34 AM
Last Post: Top Secret
  Indulgence TheLastCrusade 2 450 05-03-2019, 12:01 AM
Last Post: easternOHsteve
  If Indulgence Were To Be 5GIRLS 5 628 03-03-2019, 04:27 PM
Last Post: Seeker9
  some amazing facts about "indulgence" paulb 1 779 07-24-2018, 02:44 AM
Last Post: Riddlemethat
  Ff name the TC Indulgence. mikemarcum878 3 1,132 07-05-2018, 01:04 PM
Last Post: mikemarcum878
  Forest Fires prevent recovery of indulgence. fabjr71 2 1,293 06-19-2018, 03:31 PM
Last Post: treasure of truth