Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Six Questions with Forrest Fenn (02/04/2019)
02-04-2019, 03:29 PM,
http://mysteriouswritings.com/six-questi...ct-number/

Q1)It’s been over 8 years since you hid your treasure chest to silently wait for its finder. Have you ever been tempted to zoom in on Google Earth to see if the chest is visible or still there? What do you think you would see?

---I have zoomed into the hiding place several times but I wasn’t looking for the treasure. It cannot be seen on Google Earth. The only changes to that site today are those that nature has made.

Q2) Are you ever fearful your special spot has lost its charm? Could it? In The Thrill of the Chase (pg 125) you mention how some of your most memorable spots have seen strangers cast their own hooks into them. Could strangers do that to the place where the chest rests, or do you feel your special spot will always be secure in solitude?

----I am almost umbilically attached to the spot, and as I approach 89 years my desire to be there is still strong. The immediate landscape will probably remain about the same for as long as time has to go.

Q3) There are so many truly unique artifacts placed in the treasure chest. Each holds a beautiful story that keeps getting longer. As these treasures continue to endure the passing of time, what do you imagine they are experiencing? Do you feel the conditions have been harsh or kind?

----I have not been back to the treasure chest since I hid it more than 8 years ago. Perhaps the artifacts are enjoying each other’s company as they patiently listen for the clomp of a boot.

Q4)Many searchers feel they are battling minds with you, as if they are playing a chess game to win the Chest. Do you see your treasure hunt as a competition between you and us, or do you feel that your job in writing the poem was actually as an ally – to help us to find your treasure? Why do you think no one has been able to say ‘Check Mate Forrest Fenn’?

----Several dozen hunters have already claimed to possess the treasure but none could tell me the correct hiding place or send me photos. The treasure chest is still in the Rocky Mountains where I hid it more than 8 years ago. All of the video makers and bloggers who have presented entertaining evidence to the contrary, are mistaken.

The poem was written to assist all searchers. In my mind, studying the clues is tantamount to using a road map to get from one place to another.

Q5)You have such a love for and fond memories of flying. Of all the flying you have done after the military, which was your favorite flight over the Rockies, as a pilot, and why? And which was your least favorite?

----A standout question Jenny. My favorite flights were those when I headed alone, and at 200 feet, into the teeth of the Rockies, not knowing, or caring, where I would land. My least favorites were the two occasions when I lost my engine and was fortunate to find runways to land on.

6Q) We come to the last question of Six Questions. Question 42. I must give you the opportunity to offer any final words for them. What would you like most to say about the Chase or to Searchers?
Jenny, since these will be my last words on 6 Questions, I would like to thank you for asking me to participate. It has been an enjoyable thinking experience over the years.

----I want to thank those of you who make up the community of searchers. It would be nice to meet each of you personally and share a bottle of Grapette. But, alas, it is not to be. I have decided to drastically curtail my social activities related to the chase.

The number of emails that enter my inbox each day have become more than I can handle, so it is time for me to step back from my computer. I hope those to whom I cannot respond will blame my stamina, and not my heart.

I’m content with knowing the Chase has rooted itself in hearts that will help it grow far beyond what I first imagined it could. I’ll be enjoying much of my time playing with my little dog Willie and watching the seasons pass.

Good luck and safe passage to all of you. f
02-04-2019, 11:23 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-04-2019, 11:33 PM by 5GIRLS.)
RE: Six Questions with Forrest Fenn (02/04/2019)
He was letting a male searcher know that he has been right. La Madera, Tesuque, Chimayo, Embudo, Lobatos, Capulin, Hooper, Parlin, Parshall, Riverside, Split Rock, Whew, could go on. He really does deserve a throne lol.

NO NO!!
02-05-2019, 07:50 AM,
I'm worried, because no body is wanting to talk about it, that every else's plan is to find a way to get Fenn computer when he passes. The solution to the poem is obviously on there after reading the last 6Qs
02-05-2019, 10:49 AM,
I wouldn't bother with any of that. Mostly the browser history.
Hell, why wait. Anyone know Fenn's public IP? I know a Google maps guy that might be able to see, given the public IP, what they were searching/zoomed into/etc.
02-05-2019, 12:20 PM,
(02-05-2019, 10:49 AM)filmguy Wrote: I wouldn't bother with any of that. Mostly the browser history.
Hell, why wait. Anyone know Fenn's public IP? I know a Google maps guy that might be able to see, given the public IP, what they were searching/zoomed into/etc.

Are you one of the “anything goes” searchers that would show a complete lack of respect for those trying to solve the poem clues?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
02-05-2019, 12:28 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-05-2019, 12:28 PM by Seeker9.)
If FF is a member of these treasure forums, would an admin or moderator be able to learn his IP and hack into his computer that way?
02-05-2019, 01:02 PM,
(02-05-2019, 12:28 PM)Seeker9 Wrote: If FF is a member of these treasure forums, would an admin or moderator be able to learn his IP and hack into his computer that way?

Like we hack into regular member's computers? Smile

P.S. You can kiss those bitcoins goodbye! I need money for my next BOTG! Smile
02-05-2019, 02:02 PM,
I erased my last post as I felt some may take it the wrong way.
Beaver, your post made me laugh Smile
02-05-2019, 02:55 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-06-2019, 12:20 AM by John Brown.)
(02-05-2019, 01:02 PM)Beavertooth Wrote: P.S. You can kiss those bitcoins goodbye! I need money for my next BOTG! Smile

You'd better kiss 'em good bye. They're practically in free fall. I tried to buy a hundred of 'em after I sold a bunch of silver dollars in 2011. I wasn't permitted to. I think they were $10/bitcoin at that time. I think it was Pay Pal that wouldn't let me make the transaction. That raised the bar just high enough that I blew it off. Que so what, so what.
02-05-2019, 11:20 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-06-2019, 12:23 AM by crazyfamily.)
So, I've thought about this since yesterday, and gave it time for the thoughts to gel. Here's what I think:

There's enough in there to cover everyone's solution. There's the tooth of time for Gey, there's some numerology for the numbers people, there's a tease for the 200 footers, and one for the Google Earthers.

But most important to me, it completes my solution. I've said that the Chase is a metaphor for Forrest's life, and indeed, he said that the location is almost umbilical. The 42nd question brings Jenny's series to an end, and Forrest says that he's done it tired and it's time to go. I have a chest that from beginning to end is a 42 mile trove of artifacts ending with "why is it." It's a general solve, but it's a solve. And the whole thing is online.

razyfamily

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fennboree 2019 Photos tyounis 1 513 07-07-2019, 05:45 PM
Last Post: Beavertooth
  Fenboree 2019 at Hyde Park in Santa Fe NM July4-7 2019 Tim Nobody 2 649 06-29-2019, 02:29 PM
Last Post: Wesley_Coldwell
  Lost, injured Fenn Treasure searcher in Gallatin County 6-18-2019 Tim Nobody 8 875 06-20-2019, 04:32 PM
Last Post: tyounis
  2019 Fenn Treasure Searcher Survey tyounis 8 1,304 06-10-2019, 11:58 AM
Last Post: wildfuntear
  Forrest Fenn: Our Modern Forrest Gump filmguy 8 1,496 05-22-2019, 08:35 PM
Last Post: doodlebug
  Buffalo Run 2019 (Colorado Meetup) CLOUDFOOT 2 624 02-16-2019, 12:46 PM
Last Post: Beavertooth