Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How does Fenn know the Treasure is still there?
02-12-2019, 12:49 AM,
RE: How does Fenn know the Treasure is still there?
(02-07-2019, 07:28 PM)Top Secret Wrote: From the latest 6Qs, Fenn ruled out GE and him visiting the site to recheck if the treasure is still in place, yet he says it is still right where he left it. Now how can that be? There is no way in the world, if he is the only one that knows its secret spot, to say with 100% certainty that it is still there.

After seeing how these 7%ers will react, Fenn's statement that the person who finds the treasure will come forward is not believable. I have heard many, many people say they won't tell Fenn anything if they find the chest out of fear for their lives. This is a very likely possibility that Fenn has to acknowledge exists.

So how can Fenn claim this with 100% certainty? The obvious answer is there is no chest to find. The claims of cameras and singling devices is bogus because the technology didn't exist back then, and even if it did, battery life or it can be thwarted by the finder. The claim of a proxy has been refuted by Fenn and the incentive hidden inside the chest is not viable either.

So it is puzzling to me that he can make such a claim. No one has stated any plausible reason other than a hoax. Can you?
X2 Fenn created 'the chase' so it would become a treasure legend like the Dutchman Mine, Beale, etc... He doesn't want to be forgotten like the French soldier in TTOTC. None of that happens if there's a real treasure to find because the story will be about the finder. The treasure legend would also die and he won't allow that to happen. That's why the treasure is still out there. It will always be 'out there' with his name attached to it.
02-12-2019, 05:47 AM,
There are several quotes that relate to (not necessarily) knowing its still there, these are paraphrased:

Im 99% sure its still there

The finder may not want to come forward because of the IRS

i dont want to say how I know because that would give away too much
=====

DON’T RESEARCH...THINK!!!

https://www.allmovie.com/movie/v46056

WP (stock symbol)
02-12-2019, 09:10 AM,
He's ruled out GE, but has he ruled out any other kind of satellite service that could give him pics. in real time?

Or, maybe he drives by it everyday on his way to Walmart/7-11 just north of Santa Fe...and sees that the site hasn't been disturbed...
02-12-2019, 02:28 PM,
(02-12-2019, 08:46 AM)Its.not.true Wrote: What if the trail cameras are maintained by park rangers or forest service personnel? There are trail cameras and live web cameras in national parks, state parks, wilderness areas, state forests, and national forests in New Mexico, Colorado, Wyoming, and Montana. Anyone with internet access can see the images - live or otherwise.

I could swear I can see the chest exploding into the air and then falling back into the hole every time I watch Old Faithful erupt on the internet webcam provided by the National Park Service. I want a commission if you are able to catch it!

Smile
02-12-2019, 02:41 PM,
(02-12-2019, 02:28 PM)LurkerMike Wrote: He could just have someone fly over and take an aerial photograph every now and then to see if the area has been disturbed. A retired Airforce Major Fighter Pilot would likely know a thing or two about aerial reconnaissance. In theory, he could have say someone like Shiloh, or anyone, or several different aviators, fly a series of aerial photographic runs here and there at scattered locations. This way they would never know which location was the correct hiding spot.

Something like that would make the case for the chest at least being placed in a crevice, covered by a rock, log or something to conceal it from an aerial view. You know this almost has to be the case to foil those who would conduct an aerial search for it rather than a BOTG search.

And it would also account for why he can only be 99% certain it is still there. If it is under say a big log or flat rock, he would see the log or rock has moved and know someone had been there. But if someone really sneaky replaced the log or rock back exactly as they found it, it could deny him the intel he would have otherwise received on the next flyover. I was tempted to not share this paragraph, but I decided that while I admittedly have a devious streak, I am almost certainly not the only searcher who would consider this. Tarry Scant my good eye!

Now you can see why he might want to leave in a hurry and not cover your tracks? Especially if the area has soft dirt where you will leave deep tracks. Can the sound of boots sloshing through soft or muddy soil, making that sucking sound each step as you break the vacuum be construed as a "clomp?"
Giving someone a list of potential treasure targets to do fly overs would RUIN THE INTEGRITY OF THE CHASE!
02-12-2019, 02:48 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-12-2019, 02:49 PM by filmguy.)
The last time Fenn has confirmed the chest was still there was shortly after (the last time he attended) Fennboree.

The time before that was also shortly after Fennboree.

Unless I'm missing something here Fenn can see his secret from the road somewhere during his route to Fennboree. I've done enough research to almost confirm this, can anyone do more to disprove it?

I don't know the exact route he took, so if someone would respond with that it'd be great. Each of the two possible routes only add up to a handful of canyons to go down. Yet, I wouldn't have to waste my time with some if someone knows the path he took.
02-12-2019, 02:54 PM,
February 4, 2019

Several dozen hunters have already claimed to possess the treasure but none could tell me the correct hiding place or send me photos. The treasure chest is still in the Rocky Mountains where I hid it more than 8 years ago. All of the video makers and bloggers who have presented entertaining evidence to the contrary, are mistaken.

http://mysteriouswritings.com/six-questi...ct-number/
=====

DON’T RESEARCH...THINK!!!

https://www.allmovie.com/movie/v46056

WP (stock symbol)
02-12-2019, 03:07 PM,
Ahhh....I missed that one.
Now we just need to wait and see if any of the crazies here can come out and tell us if Fenn's been on road trips in the last 2 months.
02-12-2019, 05:29 PM,
How does Fenn know the Treasure is still there?
(02-12-2019, 02:54 PM)astree Wrote: .
February 4, 2019

Several dozen hunters have already claimed to possess the treasure but none could tell me the correct hiding place or send me photos. The treasure chest is still in the Rocky Mountains where I hid it more than 8 years ago. All of the video makers and bloggers who have presented entertaining evidence to the contrary, are mistaken.

http://mysteriouswritings.com/six-questi...ct-number/

When I read that statement, I subconsciously add “As far as I know” to the beginning. I don’t see any realistic way that he can know with certainty at any specific time that the chest has not been recovered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
02-15-2019, 10:16 PM,
I believe that it's rather straightforward how Fenn can know that the treasure is still there. Not because it's nearby, or because of some high tech application.

I would say that he keeps the chest close, even though it is far away in the special spot. The nature of the spot and why it's special are part of what makes it work.

To say any more than that would give away something for me.

SY,
Kestrel

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2019 Fenn Treasure Searcher Survey tyounis 8 1,287 06-10-2019, 11:58 AM
Last Post: wildfuntear
  I Found Fenn’s treasure!!! Really Mongo 5 1,168 03-27-2019, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Mongo
  I think that we are taking this Fenn Treasure thing way too seriously... Gordon Lightfoot 4 792 01-07-2019, 04:31 PM
Last Post: JoeKing101
  Fenn Treasure Hunters Point of View Blazehunter 17 3,510 10-28-2018, 09:11 PM
Last Post: total1ty
  The Treacherous Treasure Hunt of Forrest Fenn filmguy 0 1,179 09-10-2018, 06:14 PM
Last Post: filmguy
  Buzzfeed's take on the Fenn Treasure tyounis 0 1,506 09-07-2018, 06:54 PM
Last Post: tyounis