Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How does Fenn know the Treasure is still there?
05-01-2019, 05:37 PM,
RE: How does Fenn know the Treasure is still there?
(02-08-2019, 10:01 AM)Top Secret Wrote:
(02-08-2019, 08:16 AM)crazyfamily Wrote:
(02-07-2019, 10:46 PM)Top Secret Wrote: There is one sinister way he could assure the chest's retrieval. He said it was the most atrocious thing he ever did (of hiding the chest). Atrocious is a horrible word, so is tantamount meaning "having the same effect as something, usually something bad"

So what if Fenn committed a horrible crime or new someone who did and the evidence of the crime is in the chest. He said there was a surprise in the chest he refuses to talk about. Would that surprise evidence not compel or force the finder to come forward with the discovery of the chest. Perhaps this surprise item is something that legally forces the finder to come forward and is another way he would know.

Not really something the finder would enjoy, might even regret finding it if the chest contained a surprise item was a real life Pandora's box. He did say he hid the chest to give people hope or is that Hope? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pandora%27s_box

In my opinion, this was one of the more interesting things that Stephanie's book connected to the chase. The secret may be contained in the chest...I can keep my secret where. Other than a few stacks, the DB Cooper money was never heard from again. If there is some in there it might leave no doubt. It's an interesting thought. If it were true, it would be a better story, though, if he had released the book upon his death making claim to the crime and challenge everyone to find the truth. Who knows, maybe that's what we're doing.

Word! From experiencing trouble, a fool is made wise.

razyfamily
I wasn't thinking of the DB Cooper connection, but that example surely fits the theory. I am sure there are others as well, likely remotely hinted at in his books.

Crazy Family, your remark about "keep my secret where" is something that really supports this theory. He has a secret hidden in his Pandora's box that when discovered unequivocally forces us to come forward to release the secret. He really did think of everything.

One last thing to consider, remember these words from SB 124

"Well, that’s the sad story, and I really don’t know what else to say, except that if anybody can tell me where I caught that beautiful rainbow trout, I’ll tell them a secret that I haven’t revealed to anyone – ever."

So he has admitted he has a big secret (which the treasure hunter thinks is just the spot) but the real secret is inside the chest and he has not revealed to anyone what that secret is. Wow that secret in the chest must be a doozy! But the atrocious quote makes me think it is more of a curse than a blessing.
"Not really something the finder would enjoy, might even regret finding it if the chest contained a surprise item was a real life Pandora's box. " ~me
"Somebody’s gonna find that treasure, and Pandora’s Box is gonna open really wide. What happens now?"f ~Playbook Mag interview

Well, well, well... now is that not the best prediction since the inception of the chase?

I don't know how I keep coming up with such good predictions, oh yah I 'm a dog gone rock star!

Hey Anon Anon, autographs at 8 after the show. Takes bow.
05-02-2019, 11:36 AM,
From MW
18)I can’t drive yet but when I can I’m going hunting. Do you think the treasure will still be there in the same place?

It will be there if it hasn’t moved for some reason. f

hasn’t moved for some reason?????

So how does Fenn know it is still there if for some reason it can be moved?
Maybe that Pandora's box requires the finder to apply for an extension to keep it under the bed.
05-02-2019, 03:55 PM,
(02-07-2019, 07:28 PM)Top Secret Wrote: From the latest 6Qs, Fenn ruled out GE and him visiting the site to recheck if the treasure is still in place, yet he says it is still right where he left it. Now how can that be? There is no way in the world, if he is the only one that knows its secret spot, to say with 100% certainty that it is still there.

After seeing how these 7%ers will react, Fenn's statement that the person who finds the treasure will come forward is not believable. I have heard many, many people say they won't tell Fenn anything if they find the chest out of fear for their lives. This is a very likely possibility that Fenn has to acknowledge exists.

So how can Fenn claim this with 100% certainty? The obvious answer is there is no chest to find. The claims of cameras and singling devices is bogus because the technology didn't exist back then, and even if it did, battery life or it can be thwarted by the finder. The claim of a proxy has been refuted by Fenn and the incentive hidden inside the chest is not viable either.

So it is puzzling to me that he can make such a claim. No one has stated any plausible reason other than a hoax. Can you?

Because he knows who is close, and how close they are.
04-07-2020, 08:36 PM,
(04-03-2020, 01:35 AM)legacyhelper Wrote:
(02-10-2019, 10:20 PM)Top Secret Wrote:
(02-10-2019, 09:35 PM)BackTL Wrote: The realistic answer is that he doesn’t know.
If that is true then it is feasible that the treasure chest has been retrieved and not reported?

That's possible, in my opinion.
99.9% Highly unlikely! Due to the mechanisms he has in place for the finder I think! He knows it hasn't been found!
04-21-2020, 06:46 PM,
Happy Tuesday evening, everybody. Greetings from WV.

I've done a whole lot of pondering about this issue - how FF knows the treasure is still undisturbed, & I can only come up with one way. So I'm fixin' to put it out here & let y'all take potshots at it. Ready, aim, ...

In another thread I was reminded by Chris Yates that FF told us that to retrieve the treasure, there is "NO need to move large stones". Well, we all know how tricky, yet precise & carefully chosen, FF's words can be. What if the word "large" is the culprit. FF did NOT say that we would NOT have to move ANY stones ... just "large" ones. Also there's the issue of the original poem that FF reconstructed multiple times, If we assume that the word FF used to rhyme with bones was stones, then my theory works. It would have gone something like:

If you've been wise & found the blaze
Look quickly down beneath the stones.
But tarry scant with marvel gaze
Just take the chest & leave my bones.

The words "amid" & "among" & "below" also work to that end. So keeping all that in mind, I believe a cairn is involved. Truly I never heard that word before this hunt, so I've had to do a little studying up to learn how & for what reason a cairn would be constructed. I've never seen one, but if, big IF, a cairn is often used to mark a direction via a trail ... then it is also a blaze. Correct?

I've also learned that a cairn can be seen from Google earth. Not well, but enough to determine that it has NOT been disturbed. Perfect for FF's purposes. So now, fire away at my theory ... while I sit here drinking my ginger ale, listening to Gunsmoke, & watching darkness descend on my little village.
04-21-2020, 07:32 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-21-2020, 07:40 PM by Chris Yates.)
(04-21-2020, 06:46 PM)Becky from WV Wrote: Happy Tuesday evening, everybody. Greetings from WV.

I've done a whole lot of pondering about this issue - how FF knows the treasure is still undisturbed, & I can only come up with one way. So I'm fixin' to put it out here & let y'all take potshots at it. Ready, aim, ...

In another thread I was reminded by Chris Yates that FF told us that to retrieve the treasure, there is "NO need to move large stones". Well, we all know how tricky, yet precise & carefully chosen, FF's words can be. What if the word "large" is the culprit. FF did NOT say that we would NOT have to move ANY stones ... just "large" ones. Also there's the issue of the original poem that FF reconstructed multiple times, If we assume that the word FF used to rhyme with bones was stones, then my theory works. It would have gone something like:

If you've been wise & found the blaze
Look quickly down beneath the stones.
But tarry scant with marvel gaze
Just take the chest & leave my bones.

The words "amid" & "among" & "below" also work to that end. So keeping all that in mind, I believe a cairn is involved. Truly I never heard that word before this hunt, so I've had to do a little studying up to learn how & for what reason a cairn would be constructed. I've never seen one, but if, big IF, a cairn is often used to mark a direction via a trail ... then it is also a blaze. Correct?

I've also learned that a cairn can be seen from Google earth. Not well, but enough to determine that it has NOT been disturbed. Perfect for FF's purposes. So now, fire away at my theory ... while I sit here drinking my ginger ale, listening to Gunsmoke, & watching darkness descend on my little village.

imo, this connects to the word "tarry" in the poem

in the left justified acrostic "QU" is placed upon "ARRY" to form quarry

thus connecting tarry to quarry

additional hints are seen in the right justified acrostic (posted below)

https://i.postimg.cc/ydsJtTSc/terrier.jpg

pet / terri / terrier - overlapped and placed multiple times

this is the confirmation that tarry in line 15 is hinting at terri and terrier

terry being the name of the dog in Oz and her breed was cairn terrier

Cairn terrier being so named because the breed's function was to hunt and chase quarry between the cairns in the Scott-ish highlands

looking at the acrostic, note also that "The Chase" can be seen forming an arrow pointing up and it goes right through the center of the Terrier hints

and The Chase is branching off of the part of the poem with the letters TTOC (very close to TTOTC)

there was a subtle hint F gave one time where he said the TOTC or TTOC. basically one letter removed like it is in the poem
04-21-2020, 07:57 PM,
@Chris Yates - Whoa! Some of that stuff is beyond my pay grade ... but I do understand. So quite possibly we're on to something. I just need to keep it all simple, & keep my distance from codes & ciphers.

There is a cairn of rocks in my search area that I intend to check out when I'm there. But I do NOT actually believe it's the correct one. I remember what FF said about the blaze being NOT feasible to move. I do NOT intend to start tearing apart piles of rocks anywhere. But I can look.
04-22-2020, 03:00 AM,
(04-22-2020, 01:57 AM)8bit katsina Wrote: The term cairn is sometimes used interchangeably with barrow, and its usage is not well defined. See also barrow; burial mound.

oh my goodness, the buttar is really churning now
04-22-2020, 09:54 AM,
@Andrew Jef - I remember the so-called original version of the poem being discussed before because a lot of those "prepositional words" were mine. However, none of them fit our purpose as well as "stones".

You're probably correct that the blaze being a cairn is a stretch, but it fits so many of FF's statements.
1. Faces no east, west, north, or south direction.
2. Can be moved, but not feasible to do so.
3. No shovel or other tools needed.
4. Buried ... not buried ... interred ... & whatever other words FF has thrown out there.
5. Cannot stumble across it.
6. ???

Remember that crazy scrapbook story about the lady FF ran into on the street who he told to create the ugliest jar to represent her husband's character or something? Then he drove her to San Lazaro where she could give it a proper burial? FF hid in the car while she screamed & yelled as she covered the jar with rocks. That whole episode is nuts & I do NOT believe it happened at all. But it shows how a cairn or simply a pile of stones fits with FF's mentality.

The info from 8bit katsina is also relevant to my thinking. Barrow = burial mound is perfect. Again, right up FF's archaeological alley. Perhaps if the blaze is a cairn, the treasure is somehow "wedged" within the outer stones ... so the entire pile of rocks would NOT have to be taken apart. I'm just NOT ready to let this idea go yet. I think it deserves some more thought.

Rocks are everywhere in my search area so it would have been very convenient for FF to have used those available resources. I also believe he stayed there overnight so time would NOT have been a problem.

PS - As for me transporting the treasure chest (should I ever be fortunate enough to do so), I have a huge, extremely durable Navy duffel bag that I can place the treasure in & drag the entire thing behind me along the ground. At least that's the plan for now. But hey, if that isn't possible, I guess I'll figure something out.
04-22-2020, 11:53 AM,
The simplest explanation is there is a Quitclaim deed in the chest for a Land Grant Trust that will award the finder as the Beneficiary of the Land Grant Trust. In order to claim the Trust, you must present the Quitclaim deed. Not saying the deed is in the box itself but instructions on the paper in one of the jars will instruct the finder how to contact the attorney who is the Trustee over the will and estate. Forrest will then be contacted by the attorney to inform him the land and title have been changed. If Forrest passes, the land will still change title to the Beneficiary which would then show the previous deed owner (Forrest) and the new deed owner. Until that happens, the land is still titled in the previous owner, prior to Forrest Fenn being listed. Forrest simply has not yet processed the Quitclaim deed to reflect his ownership. Instead the assigned Trustee is currently managing the land as the temporary owner until the beneficiary comes forward.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  As the Fenn treasure hunt "winds down" wildfuntear 6 652 07-06-2020, 02:57 AM
Last Post: wildfuntear
  Chicago treasure hunter claims she found the legendary ‘Forrest Fenn Treasure’ ravenhome777 11 914 06-18-2020, 12:25 PM
Last Post: admin
  Forrest Fenn Still Offering No Proof Treasure Was Found total1ty 12 902 06-16-2020, 07:04 PM
Last Post: 5GIRLS
  4th Annual Fenn Treasure Survey tyounis 10 2,096 04-15-2020, 11:59 PM
Last Post: crazyfamily
  2019 Fenn Treasure Searcher Survey tyounis 7 2,322 06-09-2019, 05:59 PM
Last Post: tyounis
  I think that we are taking this Fenn Treasure thing way too seriously... Gordon Lightfoot 4 1,379 01-07-2019, 04:31 PM
Last Post: JoeKing101