Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How does Fenn know the Treasure is still there?
02-08-2019, 08:29 AM,
RE: How does Fenn know the Treasure is still there?
(02-08-2019, 08:16 AM)crazyfamily Wrote:
(02-07-2019, 10:46 PM)Top Secret Wrote: There is one sinister way he could assure the chest's retrieval. He said it was the most atrocious thing he ever did (of hiding the chest). Atrocious is a horrible word, so is tantamount meaning "having the same effect as something, usually something bad"

So what if Fenn committed a horrible crime or new someone who did and the evidence of the crime is in the chest. He said there was a surprise in the chest he refuses to talk about. Would that surprise evidence not compel or force the finder to come forward with the discovery of the chest. Perhaps this surprise item is something that legally forces the finder to come forward and is another way he would know.

Not really something the finder would enjoy, might even regret finding it if the chest contained a surprise item was a real life Pandora's box. He did say he hid the chest to give people hope or is that Hope? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pandora%27s_box

In my opinion, this was one of the more interesting things that Stephanie's book connected to the chase. The secret may be contained in the chest...I can keep my secret where. Other than a few stacks, the DB Cooper money was never heard from again. If there is some in there it might leave no doubt. It's an interesting thought. If it were true, it would be a better story, though, if he had released the book upon his death making claim to the crime and challenge everyone to find the truth. Who knows, maybe that's what we're doing.

razyfamily

Oh boy, here we go again with this DB Cooper nonsense.
02-08-2019, 08:41 AM,
No, it's just an extension of the theory. It could be any number of things. Maybe Forrest and Eric were secret lovers. Eric couldn't hold a marriage together and Forrest's cover was that he is married to the most beautiful girl he could have imagined. Which one did Forrest write a book about. The Fox and The Hound. Marvin taught Forrest how to disguise his lack of brains, or something.

razyfamily
02-08-2019, 10:01 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-08-2019, 10:25 AM by Top Secret.)
(02-08-2019, 08:16 AM)crazyfamily Wrote:
(02-07-2019, 10:46 PM)Top Secret Wrote: There is one sinister way he could assure the chest's retrieval. He said it was the most atrocious thing he ever did (of hiding the chest). Atrocious is a horrible word, so is tantamount meaning "having the same effect as something, usually something bad"

So what if Fenn committed a horrible crime or new someone who did and the evidence of the crime is in the chest. He said there was a surprise in the chest he refuses to talk about. Would that surprise evidence not compel or force the finder to come forward with the discovery of the chest. Perhaps this surprise item is something that legally forces the finder to come forward and is another way he would know.

Not really something the finder would enjoy, might even regret finding it if the chest contained a surprise item was a real life Pandora's box. He did say he hid the chest to give people hope or is that Hope? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pandora%27s_box

In my opinion, this was one of the more interesting things that Stephanie's book connected to the chase. The secret may be contained in the chest...I can keep my secret where. Other than a few stacks, the DB Cooper money was never heard from again. If there is some in there it might leave no doubt. It's an interesting thought. If it were true, it would be a better story, though, if he had released the book upon his death making claim to the crime and challenge everyone to find the truth. Who knows, maybe that's what we're doing.

Word! From experiencing trouble, a fool is made wise.

razyfamily
I wasn't thinking of the DB Cooper connection, but that example surely fits the theory. I am sure there are others as well, likely remotely hinted at in his books.

Crazy Family, your remark about "keep my secret where" is something that really supports this theory. He has a secret hidden in his Pandora's box that when discovered unequivocally forces us to come forward to release the secret. He really did think of everything.

One last thing to consider, remember these words from SB 124

"Well, that’s the sad story, and I really don’t know what else to say, except that if anybody can tell me where I caught that beautiful rainbow trout, I’ll tell them a secret that I haven’t revealed to anyone – ever."

So he has admitted he has a big secret (which the treasure hunter thinks is just the spot) but the real secret is inside the chest and he has not revealed to anyone what that secret is. Wow that secret in the chest must be a doozy! But the atrocious quote makes me think it is more of a curse than a blessing.
02-08-2019, 11:00 AM,
(02-08-2019, 10:01 AM)Top Secret Wrote: One last thing to consider, remember these words from SB 124

"Well, that’s the sad story, and I really don’t know what else to say, except that if anybody can tell me where I caught that beautiful rainbow trout, I’ll tell them a secret that I haven’t revealed to anyone – ever."

I sent him my opinion on where his "spot" was. I couldn't help but find meaning in what he said. My email was pointed and his response didn't disappoint. Sorry, I will not reveal what he said.

razyfamily
02-08-2019, 11:54 AM,
(02-08-2019, 11:00 AM)crazyfamily Wrote:
(02-08-2019, 10:01 AM)Top Secret Wrote: One last thing to consider, remember these words from SB 124

I sent him my opinion on where his "spot" was. I couldn't help but find meaning in what he said. My email was pointed and his response didn't disappoint. Sorry, I will not reveal what he said.

razyfamily
I have a theory, if Fenn talks to searchers their solution is wrong. He wont talk to me so I must be close!!!! Oh wait, maybe it was all that hoax talk that caused that! hmmmm Lol
02-08-2019, 01:18 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-08-2019, 01:21 PM by crazyfamily.)
(02-08-2019, 11:44 AM)EastonS19 Wrote:
(02-08-2019, 11:00 AM)crazyfamily Wrote:

Sounds like favoritism to me.
Who else did he give clarity to?

Yeah, I’m sure everyone would say I’m hallucinating, and I wouldn’t exactly say it is clarity. In all fairness, he did ask everyone, or someone, to tell him where his spot was and he would tell a secret. So, everyone had the same opportunity.

(02-08-2019, 11:54 AM)Top Secret Wrote: I have a theory, if Fenn talks to searchers their solution is wrong. He wont talk to me so I must be close!!!! Oh wait, maybe it was all that hoax talk that caused that! hmmmm Lol

I don’t think Forrest plays like that, and he surely isn’t afraid of hoax talk.
02-08-2019, 01:42 PM,
No need to worry folks. Forrest doesn’t play favorites. If he did, the treasure would have already been found.

And, what difference does it make how he knows that the treasure is still out there where he put it? You either take him at his word or you don’t. It’s as simple as that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
02-08-2019, 01:44 PM,
(02-08-2019, 11:54 AM)Top Secret Wrote: I have a theory, if Fenn talks to searchers their solution is wrong. He wont talk to me so I must be close!!!!

i think Fenn will email back any searcher regardless, even ones he knows might be potential treasure finders and who may have solved some clues correctly. "dangerous" is the word sometimes used

more to the point, though, I don't think he typically emails searchers back in response to their solves, or clue ideas, or them sharing where they think the treasure is

and he, imo, definitely doesn't respond directly to that kind of thing if it is correct or even partially correct

even if he knows a searcher is dangerous, i think he could still respond though to something in the email not clue/solve related

there was a relevant Q&A where I don't remember enough of the exact language to google search it, but if anyone knows where to find it I'd appreciate the link

in it they ask f what he would do if someone sent him the correct solve. I think his reply was essentially he wouldn't reply
02-08-2019, 01:54 PM,
Yeah, he said he wouldn't know what to say, so he probably wouldn't say anything. Then, something like, no response or lack of response from him should be considered as a confirmation, or not. Basically a total non-commitment.

razyfamily
02-08-2019, 02:33 PM,
(02-08-2019, 01:42 PM)BackTL Wrote: And, what difference does it make how he knows that the treasure is still out there where he put it? You either take him at his word or you don’t. It’s as simple as that.
Serious? OJ Simpson a beloved football star said he didn't kill Nicole and Goldman. So according to your advice we should just "take him at his word" and give him a pass and ignore that bloody glove in his back yard?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2019 Fenn Treasure Searcher Survey tyounis 8 1,299 06-10-2019, 11:58 AM
Last Post: wildfuntear
  I Found Fenn’s treasure!!! Really Mongo 5 1,184 03-27-2019, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Mongo
  I think that we are taking this Fenn Treasure thing way too seriously... Gordon Lightfoot 4 801 01-07-2019, 04:31 PM
Last Post: JoeKing101
  Fenn Treasure Hunters Point of View Blazehunter 17 3,526 10-28-2018, 09:11 PM
Last Post: total1ty
  The Treacherous Treasure Hunt of Forrest Fenn filmguy 0 1,184 09-10-2018, 06:14 PM
Last Post: filmguy
  Buzzfeed's take on the Fenn Treasure tyounis 0 1,508 09-07-2018, 06:54 PM
Last Post: tyounis