Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How does Fenn know the Treasure is still there?
02-09-2019, 02:11 PM,
RE: How does Fenn know the Treasure is still there?
(02-09-2019, 06:40 AM)crazyfamily Wrote:
(02-08-2019, 05:18 PM)Chris Yates Wrote: if someone had the treasure and emailed f, he would respond

so in answering the question if someone sent him a correct solve, that he wouldn't reply, this strongly suggests that someone can send him a correct solve without the treasure

Pretty sure I've been saying this. You could have a general solve and not the treasure.

the subject here is correct solve, not general solve.

f said he wouldn't say anything if he got a correct solve

and a general solve is not a correct solve.

the definition provided by f (and also provided by common sense) is that a correct solve will get you within several steps (and thus will result in a retrieval of the chest if we act upon it)

a general solve is just a solve that is wrong or incomplete and will not result in treasure retrieval

what you said, besides being so captain obvious, is the opposite of what I said

so that is contrary to your claim, "pretty sure I've been saying this"
02-10-2019, 08:41 PM,
(02-10-2019, 08:15 PM)Seeker9 Wrote: So how does he know ?
Camera view - unlikely.
Direct line of sight- unlikely.
Someone else knows - probably to risky, unlikely.
FF thought of everything, and knows how small the window is when the chest can actually be found. Maybe down to the week, maybe down to the day maybe down to the hour ? - -most likely.
Finally someone seeing the significance of Fenn's unequivocal statement "It is still there"

The key to this thing is to answer how he can possibly know. Some reasons are scary. Some may reveal something significant.
02-10-2019, 09:35 PM,
The realistic answer is that he doesn’t know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
02-10-2019, 10:20 PM,
(02-10-2019, 09:35 PM)BackTL Wrote: The realistic answer is that he doesn’t know.
If that is true then it is feasible that the treasure chest has been retrieved and not reported?
02-10-2019, 10:58 PM,
(02-10-2019, 10:20 PM)Top Secret Wrote:
(02-10-2019, 09:35 PM)BackTL Wrote: The realistic answer is that he doesn’t know.
If that is true then it is feasible that the treasure chest has been retrieved and not reported?

I would agree with that. But, I think f is answering truthfully, in that, to his knowledge the treasure has not been found.

02-10-2019, 11:03 PM,
(02-10-2019, 10:58 PM)BackTL Wrote:

I would agree with that. But, I think f is answering truthfully, in that, to his knowledge the treasure has not been found.

I would agree with that but word it more like "But, I HOPE f is answering truthfully, in that, to his knowledge the treasure has not been found."
02-10-2019, 11:13 PM,
(02-10-2019, 11:03 PM)Top Secret Wrote:

I would agree with that but word it more like "But, I HOPE f is answering truthfully, in that, to his knowledge the treasure has not been found."

Hope, or belief, is all we have unless/until the treasure is presented for verification.

02-11-2019, 07:58 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-11-2019, 08:05 AM by Top Secret.)
(02-10-2019, 11:13 PM)BackTL Wrote:
(02-10-2019, 11:03 PM)Top Secret Wrote:

Hope, or belief, is all we have unless/until the treasure is presented for verification.

Totally agree

(02-11-2019, 01:47 AM)thrilledtochase Wrote: Fenn pays to find out if the chest is still there. He purchases updated satellite imagery that he uses to scan areas of exploration for his own archaeological pursuits. My guess is that he has added the chest location to a larger queue of areas that he keeps tabs on for his own sake. This is a possibility if there isn’t a long term reliable power source to draw from. If Fenn has a power source then it would be a matter of setting up a sort of booby trap using satellites to contact a specific phone number in the event the chest is disturbed.

A friend of mine was stationed in Afghanistan working on disarming IEDs and is a current active Coast Guard member. I have spoken to him about the possibilities of setting up something that could survive through the winters in the mountains which could be used for the purpose I’m speaking on. He doesn’t believe there is an external stand alone source which would have been able to survive since the chases inception AND have been available at the beginning of the chase, but he did finish off with “Well, if he’s rich enough it IS possible to have had it done. He could’ve set something up to alert him and if he had power to draw from then it’s definitely a possibility.”
Since he hid it in 2009 there definitely wasn't anything back then to allow such monitoring. Even today by his own admission GE can't be used to find the chest. Aircraft are now being employed in GE surveillance which brings the resolution down to 1/2 foot. No indication wether aircraft coverage is in GE over Fenn's area but from the way he talks, it wouldn't matter, which suggests it is hidden very well. Read concealed, which begs the question, how can he possibly know no one has taken it and not reported it.
02-11-2019, 09:35 PM,
(02-11-2019, 07:58 AM)Top Secret Wrote: Since he hid it in 2009 there definitely wasn't anything back then to allow such monitoring. Even today by his own admission GE can't be used to find the chest. Aircraft are now being employed in GE surveillance which brings the resolution down to 1/2 foot. No indication wether aircraft coverage is in GE over Fenn's area but from the way he talks, it wouldn't matter, which suggests it is hidden very well. Read concealed, which begs the question, how can he possibly know no one has taken it and not reported it.

There were "trail cameras" that are attached to a tree & triggered to take a picture by heat & motion back in 2009. But I don't know enough about them to know if their power source would last for a decade+.
02-11-2019, 11:52 PM,
because he has been given an indulgence by the keepers of the place where has hidden it. And without their knowlege rigged a very basic sort of trip-wire that is not ambiguous.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A Gay Perspective on Fenn's Treasure... Gordon Lightfoot 1 245 04-20-2019, 08:52 PM
Last Post: Andrew Jef
  I Found Fenn’s treasure!!! Really Mongo 6 747 03-27-2019, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Mongo
  I think that we are taking this Fenn Treasure thing way too seriously... Gordon Lightfoot 4 559 01-07-2019, 04:31 PM
Last Post: JoeKing101
  Fenn Treasure Hunters Point of View Blazehunter 17 2,571 10-28-2018, 09:11 PM
Last Post: total1ty
  The Treacherous Treasure Hunt of Forrest Fenn filmguy 0 955 09-10-2018, 06:14 PM
Last Post: filmguy
  Buzzfeed's take on the Fenn Treasure tyounis 0 1,295 09-07-2018, 06:54 PM
Last Post: tyounis