Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How does Fenn know the Treasure is still there?
02-12-2019, 05:29 PM,
How does Fenn know the Treasure is still there?
(02-12-2019, 02:54 PM)astree Wrote: .
February 4, 2019

Several dozen hunters have already claimed to possess the treasure but none could tell me the correct hiding place or send me photos. The treasure chest is still in the Rocky Mountains where I hid it more than 8 years ago. All of the video makers and bloggers who have presented entertaining evidence to the contrary, are mistaken.

http://mysteriouswritings.com/six-questi...ct-number/

When I read that statement, I subconsciously add “As far as I know” to the beginning. I don’t see any realistic way that he can know with certainty at any specific time that the chest has not been recovered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
02-12-2019, 05:39 PM,
RE: How does Fenn know the Treasure is still there?
(02-12-2019, 02:28 PM)Beavertooth Wrote:
(02-12-2019, 08:46 AM)Its.not.true Wrote: What if the trail cameras are maintained by park rangers or forest service personnel? There are trail cameras and live web cameras in national parks, state parks, wilderness areas, state forests, and national forests in New Mexico, Colorado, Wyoming, and Montana. Anyone with internet access can see the images - live or otherwise.

I could swear I can see the chest exploding into the air and then falling back into the hole every time I watch Old Faithful erupt on the internet webcam provided by the National Park Service. I want a commission if you are able to catch it!

Smile

Fenn once told Stephanie to go to a particular spot in West Yellowstone so he could see her on the webcam. So it's not out of the realm of possibility that a webcam(s) is(are) how he knows if anyone has been near the spot.
02-12-2019, 05:52 PM,
Wouldn't the webcam have captured FF hiding the chest? I guess he could have hid it at night maybe.
Seeker9, The Last Clue Bender
02-12-2019, 06:01 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-12-2019, 06:09 PM by Its.not.true.)
(02-12-2019, 05:52 PM)Seeker9 Wrote: Wouldn't the webcam have captured FF hiding the chest? I guess he could have hid it at night maybe.

Not necessarily. Perhaps the webcam only shows a live feed of a parking area. So it would capture Fenn's vehicle (rental?) in the lot, but then Fenn gets out and boldly clomps his way down a trail, or up the creek, or whatever he ended up doing. I'm sure you can imagine other scenarios too.
02-12-2019, 06:04 PM,
FF did say he went in with his treasures bold so you could have something with that. One bad habit I have is putting limitations on FF
Seeker9, The Last Clue Bender
02-13-2019, 01:37 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-13-2019, 01:44 AM by LurkerMike.)
(02-12-2019, 05:39 PM)Its.not.true Wrote: Fenn once told Stephanie to go to a particular spot in West Yellowstone so he could see her on the webcam.

Bwahahahaha... Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

(02-12-2019, 02:28 PM)Beavertooth Wrote: I could swear I can see the chest exploding into the air and then falling back into the hole every time I watch Old Faithful erupt on the internet webcam provided by the National Park Service. I want a commission if you are able to catch it!

Smile

This is where being a welder in a past life is an advantage... that chest is gonna be hot from the scalding boiling water so you will need some welding gloves to handle it. It would be a good idea to have silver foundry fire suit on as well to protect you from the splashes and steam from the geyser as well.

He did say it was wet didn't he? Smile
Yesterday, 09:54 PM,
(02-09-2019, 02:21 AM)LurkerMike Wrote:
(02-09-2019, 01:44 AM)Seeker9 Wrote: Ahh, allow your minds to drift to the dark side of the moon for a moment. Just think what a confirmed solve would mean. I bet a confirmed solve would be worth ten times more than the chest... hmmm maybe it would be unethical Smile

A confirmed solve would equal a RUINED CHASE!

And would also ruin Forrest Fenn's legacy.

He put too much work into the Chase to even think about making it easy on the finder.

There are no shortcuts. Fenn said that. Someone, please help me out with a cite...

I never said the solve was easy, or that any "shortcuts" were taken in
the process of solving the poem. Nor am I losing any sleep over FF's
legacy. The history of his achievement(s) is factual, although some
folks may want to try to undermine knowledge of what actually happened.
Yesterday, 10:16 PM,
I believe that it's rather straightforward how Fenn can know that the treasure is still there. Not because it's nearby, or because of some high tech application.

I would say that he keeps the chest close, even though it is far away in the special spot. The nature of the spot and why it's special are part of what makes it work.

To say any more than that would give away something for me.

SY,
Kestrel

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I think that we are taking this Fenn Treasure thing way too seriously... Gordon Lightfoot 4 447 01-07-2019, 04:31 PM
Last Post: JoeKing101
  Fenn Treasure Hunters Point of View Blazehunter 17 2,128 10-28-2018, 09:11 PM
Last Post: total1ty
  The Treacherous Treasure Hunt of Forrest Fenn filmguy 0 818 09-10-2018, 06:14 PM
Last Post: filmguy
  Buzzfeed's take on the Fenn Treasure tyounis 0 1,158 09-07-2018, 06:54 PM
Last Post: tyounis
  New Fenn Treasure Video MuertodeCorrales 0 505 07-16-2018, 05:57 PM
Last Post: MuertodeCorrales
  I know where the treasure of forest Fenn is! csevans 27 7,150 04-23-2018, 12:20 PM
Last Post: dude here