Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Chase Chat Declared Forum War Winner!
02-09-2019, 05:21 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-10-2019, 12:44 PM by Top Secret.)
Chase Chat Declared Forum War Winner!
I stand here today reflecting back to when we were first attacked by Hary's Hypocrites. I expected that the Battle of Chase Chat was about to begin...Hairy knew that he will have to break us in the forums or lose the war. I pounded the pulpit, "If we can stand up to him, all the Chase forums may be free and the life of the world may move forward into broad, sunlit uplands. But if we fail, then the whole Fennworld, including Chase Chat, including all that we have known and cared for, will sink into the abyss of a new Dark Age made more sinister, and perhaps more protracted, by the lights of perverted Hairy. Let us therefore brace ourselves to our duties, and so bear ourselves that, if the Chase Chat Empire last for a thousand years, men will still say, 'This was their finest hour.'"

I rallied the troops on Chase Chat, I proclaimed, “We shall go on to the end. We shall defend our Chase Chat, whatever the cost may be; we shall fight on the forums, we shall fight on the ditches, we shall fight in the threads and the Fenntube, we shall fight on the blogs; we shall never surrender..."

We at Chase Chat knew victory at all costs—Victory in spite of all terror—Victory, however long and hard the road may be, for without victory there is no survival.

Now three long years later, I stand here before you declaring victory over Hairy's Hypocrites. At 12:44 today, Hairy's Hypocrites waived the white flag and admitted defeat. I am proud of each and everyone of you who stood up to the tyranny, the abuse, the lies and the arrogance. We took everything they had and delivered it back 10 fold and came out victors!

Well done all of Chase Chat, it was a hard fought and dirty battle, the sacrifice paid off and we have won the war of the forums and the hearts of the search community. Now we can return to living the Thrill of the Chase!
02-09-2019, 05:39 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-09-2019, 05:39 PM by pidmt.)
RE: Chase Chat Declared Forum War Winner!
so he shut his forum down form what i see,am i correct TS,
02-09-2019, 07:29 PM,
Lets just say, his membership is thanking him for surrendering. As long as they never mention another CC member or Chase Chat in a critical or derogatory manor, the peace will remain. The peace accord states if one of their members ever break the resolution put in place by the UCF (United Council of Forums), the use of full atomic force is authorized to obliterate their existence off the face of the map. I am confident they will follow the UCF resolution.
02-09-2019, 07:47 PM,
How does CC stand against the YTubers?
02-09-2019, 11:19 PM,
Well, one thing I think Hairy’s is good at is throwing all kinds of spaghetti at the wall to see if any sticks and i don’t think any has yet. I think they think they get bonus points for the sheer amount of thinking time they put into some things like f’s responses to the last 6 questions and how much meaning is behind them. The jump to unsupported conclusions screams subjectivity to me. I wouldn’t want to make any of the claims or predictions they are making as a result.

So, I’ll take the opposite of their predictions like the treasure will be found this summer, that f was suggesting that hints won’t play a vital role. Lol

Quick, if clues are the only thing that will get you from one correct place to the next correct place, how do you figure out the correct first place with just the first clue....Begin it where warm waters halt?

Quick......
Faster......
You done trying?......
Don’t hurt yourself trying.....

They call me the Finderofthepath since the Pathfinder has already been taken. I suggested the Pathfinder jr.
02-10-2019, 02:56 AM,
I don’t have an account on any other forums. I read Dal’s stuff because it’s got scrapbooks. I’m grateful to the people on chasechat, never have bought into any of the drama even the stuff on here. I read everyone’s writing equally. Big thanks to all admins for keeping the ship afloat...I miss reading a lot of the banned peoples stuff too though Sad I have a huge amount of respect for most everyone here.
02-10-2019, 10:28 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-10-2019, 10:37 AM by Top Secret.)
(02-09-2019, 07:47 PM)TommyVoltaire Wrote: How does CC stand against the YTubers?
FennTube seems like a good idea but it has some serious flaws. For one, the viewer only gets to see what the presenter wants you to see. It is overly moderated. Sure some moderation is required to keep the debate civil, but a FennTuber will abuse the moderator privilege to the point that all you see is peaches and cream, no counter points to the argument because they have been removed or the commenter banned. Thin-skins who can't cut it on the forums will resort to FennTube, because they can artificially give the illusion that their points are universally accepted.

Fenn hinted to this in his MW 6 Questions when he said, "All of the video makers and bloggers who have presented entertaining evidence to the contrary, are mistaken." Decall was begging for Fenn to confirm his 800 Saamander solution is wrong, well Fenn just confirmed it.

The FennTubers were in competition with each other for market share and started to harass Fenn for "bones" to give to their audience. Finally Fenn told Seannm (Flopside guy) to stop bugging him with all those harassing emails (that all Fenntubers were sending).

Many believe the Fenntube craze is what led Fenn to withdraw from the Chase. Based on Fenn's reaction in 6Qs, I think they are the 7%ers as well.
02-10-2019, 10:42 AM,
(02-09-2019, 11:19 PM)fundamental design Wrote: Well, one thing I think Hairy’s is good at is throwing all kinds of spaghetti at the wall to see if any sticks and i don’t think any has yet.

Presby said something interesting once. It blew me a way that he figured something out by pure thought that I could only get empirically. It wasn't super-important but if he had followed up on his thought and found the empirical connection he might have gotten to what I believe to be the right area.
02-10-2019, 10:57 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-10-2019, 10:58 AM by Seeker9.)
(02-10-2019, 10:28 AM)Top Secret Wrote:
(02-09-2019, 07:47 PM)TommyVoltaire Wrote: How does CC stand against the YTubers?
FennTube seems like a good idea but it has some serious flaws. For one, the viewer only gets to see what the presenter wants you to see. It is overly moderated. Sure some moderation is required to keep the debate civil, but a FennTuber will abuse the moderator privilege to the point that all you see is peaches and cream, no counter points to the argument because they have been removed or the commenter banned. Thin-skins who can't cut it on the forums will resort to FennTube, because they can artificially give the illusion that their points are universally accepted.

Fenn hinted to this in his MW 6 Questions when he said, "All of the video makers and bloggers who have presented entertaining evidence to the contrary, are mistaken." Decall was begging for Fenn to confirm his 800 Saamander solution is wrong, well Fenn just confirmed it.

The FennTubers were in competition with each other for market share and started to harass Fenn for "bones" to give to their audience. Finally Fenn told Seannm (Flopside guy) to stop bugging him with all those harassing emails (that all Fenntubers were sending).

Many believe the Fenntube craze is what led Fenn to withdraw from the Chase. Based on Fenn's reaction in 6Qs, I think they are the 7%ers as well.
Lol! @ Decall constantly asking for confirmation! So true Smile He did do that alot.

Decall sems like a nice guy tho
02-10-2019, 11:00 AM,
(02-10-2019, 10:57 AM)Seeker9 Wrote:
(02-10-2019, 10:28 AM)Top Secret Wrote:

Lol! @ Decall constantly asking for confirmation! So true Smile He did do that alot.

Decall sems like a nice guy tho
lol Sure Recall is a great guy! He just doesn't realize Fenn gave him what he has been asking for over the last 3 years. His mind just doesn't want to let go of the 800 foot Salamander. By the way how is that in the poem anyway?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  And the winner IZ John Brown 1 715 02-28-2018, 10:49 PM
Last Post: DL167
  chase chat emails boomergirl 0 824 02-27-2018, 10:37 AM
Last Post: boomergirl
  Dal Neitzel contest winner: jonsey1 I am Mark 16 4,240 10-30-2017, 01:11 PM
Last Post: I am Mark
  Vote for the winner decall 24 5,106 10-29-2017, 06:54 AM
Last Post: Indy
Question What happens to chase chat? I KEEP MY SECRETS 11 4,463 09-10-2017, 01:11 PM
Last Post: Kpro
  Basic ground rules for Chase Chat old drum 1 25,054 08-02-2017, 03:07 PM
Last Post: old drum