Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Chase Chat Declared Forum War Winner!
02-10-2019, 01:07 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-10-2019, 03:37 PM by Top Secret.)
RE: Chase Chat Declared Forum War Winner!
(02-10-2019, 12:43 PM)dude here Wrote: I didn't know there was a war. It seems to be a few people who are bored with the Chase and need a distraction.

Anyways, this place does have problems but it is the best forum because it allows different views.
Dude, there really wasn't a war, but some thought there was. It was a spoof on Hairy's thinking. But one thing CC does do, thanks to the owner, is allow free thought and free speech with minimal moderation that keeps the thin-skin emotional types at bay. The best forums allow the player to participate while being challenged and not protected by biased or narrow minded moderators.
02-10-2019, 04:02 PM,
George Orwell "If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever."

A singular boot stomp

"There will be no loyalty except loyalty to the Party. But always there will be the intoxication of power. Always, at every moment, there will be the thrill of victory, the sensation of trampling on an enemy who's helpless...
The moral to be drawn from this dangerous nightmare situation is a simple one: don't let it happen. It depends on you."
02-10-2019, 05:53 PM,
(02-10-2019, 12:08 PM)LurkerMike Wrote: I have a typewriter solve simmering on a back kettle...

Is a typewriter in the poem or the book? Or was the poem and the book inside a typewriter until Forrest let them out? He did say the book wrote itself didn't he?

Look under a log = look under wood = Underwood typewriter
02-10-2019, 07:02 PM,
(02-10-2019, 05:53 PM)Beavertooth Wrote:
(02-10-2019, 12:08 PM)LurkerMike Wrote: I have a typewriter solve simmering on a back kettle...

Is a typewriter in the poem or the book? Or was the poem and the book inside a typewriter until Forrest let them out? He did say the book wrote itself didn't he?

If I see a typewriter out in the wilderness on my next search, I will definitely look under it no matter what the brand name.

But chances are pretty slim.. Wink
02-10-2019, 09:08 PM,
Itl's not the typewriter, it's the keys....
02-10-2019, 09:37 PM,

On the other hand, older typewriters had an armature that was used to return the carriage to the starting side (and advance the platen and paper by one line) -- effectively the same as the return key on a keyboard today. That armature could be considered a "Paddle", and there'll be no paddle up your creek, Mike!
Smile
02-10-2019, 09:43 PM,
(02-10-2019, 09:18 PM)LurkerMike Wrote:
(02-10-2019, 05:53 PM)Beavertooth Wrote:

Eric Sloane was taught to fly by world-renowned aviator Wiley Post.

Wiley Post was best friends with then one of the most loved performers and writers, Will Rodges.

Will Rodgers and Wiley Post were killed in a floatplane crash on a lake in Alaska in 1935. Rodgers was typing his next article at the time of the crash and the last word he typed was "death." I believe he was aware the reaper had come for them even before the engine cut out on takeoff. I say that because I have BTDT.

In any case, the remains of that Royal Model 0 typewriter that was mangled in the crash is on display in the Will Rogers Memorial Museum in OKC. I saw it some 20 or 25 years ago. The paper with the last word typed on it is still wrapped around the platten.

That is not directly related to my typewriter solve. But I use it as an example to point out how important typewriters used to be to any author or air force officer for typing the never-ending stream of required reports.

You should be a writer if you aren't already.

What is BTDT?
02-10-2019, 10:50 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-10-2019, 10:54 PM by Beavertooth.)
(02-10-2019, 10:11 PM)LurkerMike Wrote: Did you see a connection about Skippy's floatplane adventure and the way Wiley Post and Will Rodgers died in a floatplane?

Absolutely. Now I just need to figure out how that could be consistent with my current solve.....maybe I'll ask Eric. Smile

How about the connection between Wiley Post and Frank Phillips of Phillips Petroleum, who financed part of Wiley's ventures. Frank's brother and later partner in Phillips Petroleum was Waite Phillips, who founded the Philmont Scout Ranch in New Mexico, "a destination for thousands of Boy Scouts to backpack the mountains." Philmont Scout Ranch has been associated with many solves in the Chase.

Six degrees of separation strikes again! Or in this case, maybe five degrees.

P.S. I hope Top Secret doesn't mind our hijacking his thread. We do NOT want to get on his bad side! Smile
02-10-2019, 11:16 PM,
(02-10-2019, 10:11 PM)LurkerMike Wrote:
(02-10-2019, 09:43 PM)muset Wrote: You should be a writer if you aren't already.

What is BTDT?

My best work requires a dozen or more rewrites of the first draft to mainly reduce the volume of words used to make a point and to refine the meter and cadence of my prose.

Cheers. You have a talent. Keep on it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  And the winner IZ John Brown 1 1,072 02-28-2018, 10:49 PM
Last Post: DL167
  chase chat emails boomergirl 0 1,638 02-27-2018, 10:37 AM
Last Post: boomergirl
  Dal Neitzel contest winner: jonsey1 I am Mark 15 5,846 10-30-2017, 01:11 PM
Last Post: I am Mark
  Vote for the winner decall 23 7,472 10-29-2017, 06:54 AM
Last Post: Indy
Question What happens to chase chat? I KEEP MY SECRETS 11 6,652 09-10-2017, 01:11 PM
Last Post: Kpro
  Basic ground rules for Chase Chat old drum 1 36,760 08-02-2017, 03:07 PM
Last Post: old drum