Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
clomp- to walk with loud, heavy steps/walk with a heavy tread.
02-12-2019, 01:30 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-12-2019, 01:31 PM by Gordon Lightfoot.)
clomp- to walk with loud, heavy steps/walk with a heavy tread.
If you were walking on grass or dirt out in the wilderness, would your boots make a noise? Mind you, you would hear the tree fall, but would you make any noise walking, that's the question.

I can see if you were walking on a wooden floor or tile.

Clomp may have a different meaning for Fenn altogether.

I'm thinking in a roundabout way that he means "vibration" in the ground....would vibration be considered a noise of some kind?
02-12-2019, 02:32 PM,
RE: clomp- to walk with loud, heavy steps/walk with a heavy tread.
(02-12-2019, 01:30 PM)Gordon Lightfoot Wrote: If you were walking on grass or dirt out in the wilderness, would your boots make a noise? Mind you, you would hear the tree fall, but would you make any noise walking, that's the question.

I'm thinking in a roundabout way that he means "vibration" in the ground....would vibration be considered a noise of some kind?

The clomp of a boot may hold a hint. Maybe he is saying that the clomp is the end. It would only figure that if someone was close enough to stir the artifacts (clomp), that they are also close enough to either see the treasures or notice that their clomp as the clomp.
02-13-2019, 09:51 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-13-2019, 09:52 AM by Gordon Lightfoot.)
(02-12-2019, 02:32 PM)Daniel A Wrote:
(02-12-2019, 01:30 PM)Gordon Lightfoot Wrote: If you were walking on grass or dirt out in the wilderness, would your boots make a noise? Mind you, you would hear the tree fall, but would you make any noise walking, that's the question.

The clomp of a boot may hold a hint. Maybe he is saying that the clomp is the end. It would only figure that if someone was close enough to stir the artifacts (clomp), that they are also close enough to either see the treasures or notice that their clomp as the clomp.

Very Good, Daniel A, so what you are trying to say is that the noise is coming from within the chest....the gold coins knocking up against each other along with the other artifacts in the chest! Smile

How exciting!!
02-13-2019, 04:26 PM,
windmill?
just saying ss
02-13-2019, 05:27 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-13-2019, 05:28 PM by Daniel A.)
(02-13-2019, 09:51 AM)Gordon Lightfoot Wrote:
(02-12-2019, 02:32 PM)Daniel A Wrote:

Very Good, Daniel A, so what you are trying to say is that the noise is coming from within the chest....the gold coins knocking up against each other along with the other artifacts in the chest! Smile

How exciting!!

Oh they make noise alright....if you listen close.

(02-13-2019, 04:26 PM)easternOHsteve Wrote: windmill?

Winds of change...sure.
02-13-2019, 07:33 PM,

I agree with you remember when Forrest quoted What if you was looking to far a head of you and miss what was beside you but ask your could Forrest hid the TC where only one boot at a time will step on the tc..
Meaning the poem is designed for you to walk right beside it or over it or on top of it.
Remember the lady reporter and Forrest out at San lazaro and Forrest and her was walking and Forrest told her to look down not quickly down because she was,about to walk over a Indian arrow head.
Forrest hid this TC right up under are nose,

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk
02-13-2019, 09:06 PM,
(02-13-2019, 07:33 PM)mikemarcum03 Wrote:

I agree with you remember when Forrest quoted What if you was looking to far a head of you and miss what was beside you but ask your could Forrest hid the TC where only one boot at a time will step on the tc..
Meaning the poem is designed for you to walk right beside it or over it or on top of it.
Remember the lady reporter and Forrest out at San lazaro and Forrest and her was walking and Forrest told her to look down not quickly down because she was,about to walk over a Indian arrow head.
Forrest hid this TC right up under are nose,

Yes

02-14-2019, 05:40 AM,
There is a double irony here.

One is that a single boot cant make a clump (clomp), and Forrest likes to juxtaposition opposing ideas.

The second is a thread about a boot clomp being started by a lightfoot Smile
=====

DON’T RESEARCH...THINK!!!

Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?
Where is the knowledge we have lost in information? -T.S. Eliot

https://www.allmovie.com/movie/v46056
02-14-2019, 06:25 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-14-2019, 06:27 AM by easternOHsteve.)
horse boots?

http://www.all-natural-horse-care.com/hoof-boots.html
just saying ss

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Not far, but too far to walk from my house..So, I'll take my 4WD Sedan. Gordon Lightfoot 0 254 11-22-2018, 04:53 AM
Last Post: Gordon Lightfoot
  Not far, but too far to walk Viper1959 20 2,685 11-20-2018, 05:46 AM
Last Post: astree
Video Not far, but too far to walk (Part II) Viper1959 2 562 11-16-2018, 11:38 PM
Last Post: McFly
  A Flashlight, A Blaze and a gut feeling walk into a bar... monkeyking 4 1,639 08-01-2018, 02:16 AM
Last Post: DeeepThnkr
  Heavy loads Riddlemethat 4 684 07-19-2018, 05:54 AM
Last Post: easternOHsteve
  Imo ff told us the meaning for "but to far too walk." mikemarcum878 0 462 07-13-2018, 01:07 PM
Last Post: mikemarcum878