Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hint, hoax or 7%er
02-24-2019, 07:52 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-24-2019, 07:58 AM by astree.)
RE: Hint, hoax or 7%er
(02-23-2019, 10:59 PM)Kestrel Wrote: I dont believe in anything called Fennspeak. That is conjuring by searchers. Is there also Halospeak, Yatespeak, Astreespeak, or Younamethemspeak?

I wouldnt compare Fennspeak to astreespeak; forrest is much more clever, for one, and his intents are different. One of astrees intent ( and yates, i believe, but he can correct me ) is to relieve a chase-related “secret intel” stress by posting as a catharsis (whether it is actually valuable or not is not material to the point ... it is at the time perceived to be so by the poster). Another intent of my (ok, switching from third to first person) posts is to test the community to see if, by response, others are on the same track (gauge competition). Yet another intent ... to provide subtle (perceived) nudges.

Fennspeak .... well, shoot, lets see. Forrest loves to make false statements to see if people will correct him (hes come right out and said that. His comments on Coriolis force is an example). It is testing people by seeing if theyll challenge his authority. He is a maverick, in a minority, and maybe searching for others like him.

Forrest hides information in quite a few of his comments (maybe as a game for him), and he like to juxtapose opposites (“i dont want to BROADEN the clues by POINTINing out...” and “the poem is straight-forward” are two examples where opposite interpretations are true ).

In doing so, he likes to tease and/or mis-direct, while hiding the true meaning. His comment about reading books like Catcher and his comment to Preston about having a clue in his car in the parking lot of the Denver museum (although i suspect slightly misquoted) are examples. Fennspeak.

But, to focus this, the poem itself is loaded with Fennspeak. An example is the end of the 4th verse, which many believe culminate with the treasure recovery ....yet two more verses. The vague poem provides precise instructions to the spot? The poem is a collection of riddles (which Forrest groups a nine clues) provided in Fennspeak.

Long post so far, but if one accepts that a fairly unique Fennspeak exists, couldnt this aid a searcher to move constructively forward?

Quote:How do you equate and resolve 10,000 years versus having a gut feeling it may be found soon?

Not sure that one. Was he talking about the chase, unsolved puzzle, .?

edit: i meant to ask what your meaning of “conjuring” is? Using the idea of “Fennspeak” as an excuse for going down rabbit holes, not solving the puzzle, justifying ones solve,...?

Thanks, kestrel. Welcome aboard,
astree
=====

DON’T RESEARCH...THINK!!!

https://www.allmovie.com/movie/v46056

WP (stock symbol)
02-25-2019, 04:09 PM,
I agree with your comments regarding Forrest's comments and the nature of them, although we each have our own interpretations of them. They certainly have their flavor, contradictions, anomalies, etc.

I try to take everything Forrest says in the most useful ways possible. I accept what he says, yet I have to put the weight where I think it should go. But I do not like to call it Fennspeak. I dont like the label for such a diversity of comments, just lumping it together like that...

I think the main trouble I have is I often read posts of Forrest's comments being dismissed as Fennspeak. Or the reverse, being overly admired because it's Fennspeak.

He says what he says, writes what he writes.

I suppose it really doesn't matter, it's just a misleading characterization, in my view.

Thank you for welcoming me, but I've been here many years.

Kestrel
05-08-2019, 08:30 PM,
(05-08-2019, 04:54 PM)Andrew Jef Wrote:
(02-17-2019, 01:44 PM)John Brown Wrote: I do not believe the untruths are hints. I go back and forth on whether it is a hoax or not. I don't think I qualify as a 7%er though. I wrote a computer program that ranked every county in the search area. It was an objective ranking although it is likely that some errors slipped in. There was one clear cut winner. Thus a bright red spot was painted on the map. There were no assumptions. The second and third place counties were Park County WY and Fremont County WY. The only assumption needed is that that bright red spot is where he put the chest.

I have a question for you: Is "that bright red spot" always bright red?
(I'm going to choose a fraction based on somebody's apparent fondness for the number 8.) Isn't the spot bright red only about 1/8 of the time?
You asked two questions.
(1)Yes.
(2)No.

Paint doesn't flicker on and off.
05-08-2019, 08:50 PM,
(05-08-2019, 08:30 PM)John Brown Wrote:
(05-08-2019, 04:54 PM)Andrew Jef Wrote:
(02-17-2019, 01:44 PM)John Brown Wrote: I do not believe the untruths are hints. I go back and forth on whether it is a hoax or not. I don't think I qualify as a 7%er though. I wrote a computer program that ranked every county in the search area. It was an objective ranking although it is likely that some errors slipped in. There was one clear cut winner. Thus a bright red spot was painted on the map. There were no assumptions. The second and third place counties were Park County WY and Fremont County WY. The only assumption needed is that that bright red spot is where he put the chest.

I have a question for you: Is "that bright red spot" always bright red?
(I'm going to choose a fraction based on somebody's apparent fondness for the number 8.) Isn't the spot bright red only about 1/8 of the time?
You asked two questions.
(1)Yes.
(2)No.

Paint doesn't flicker on and off.

Or maybe?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Casting - Is it a hoax? tomaijian 497 243,490 09-03-2019, 05:59 PM
Last Post: Mindy
  My finding the treasure was all a Hoax, guys. Gordon Lightfoot 37 13,519 07-28-2017, 07:36 AM
Last Post: old drum
  Ruh roh...Linda is back. Its a hoax! romeofoxtrot 13 6,877 08-31-2016, 07:17 PM
Last Post: timberwolf
  Dal's view of the hoax issue DaisyMae 53 29,197 08-19-2016, 01:28 PM
Last Post: njfl
Big Grin No HOAX folks?? Project Why 15 6,792 08-17-2016, 01:33 PM
Last Post: fundamental design
  For those who think its a hoax. Hammertime 0 1,257 07-22-2016, 10:44 AM
Last Post: Hammertime