Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Lead Searcher Death Row
05-14-2019, 10:11 AM,
RE: Lead Searcher Death Row
(05-14-2019, 09:54 AM)filmguy Wrote: I mean, I get it if it doesn't. BT's "dictionary" is obviously completely different from my own and from what researchers at Merriam-Webster possess.

In my experience, Fenn often does not use the first definition of a word in the dictionary. Sometimes it is the last definition. There is a definition of deliberately that you are ignoring at your own peril (not that I care -- just clarifying for others that when you pontificate, you may be completely wrong, and you may be wrong a lot).
05-14-2019, 10:13 AM,
Lead Searcher Death Row
[Image: dfdc0e3a3270d48f6fd5002d54fdf7fe.jpg]

Done.

razyfamily
05-14-2019, 10:23 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-14-2019, 10:37 AM by filmguy.)
See, problem solved and it didn't require a moderator banning a valued member of the forum to stop a disagreement between two searchers.

Unfortunately, sometimes you run into sites where the moderator has developed a God-complex and they enjoy the feeling of removing someone. But that doesn't solve the problem as they can create a different screenname and the fights start all over again forever. This is a nightmare scenario for any moderator. Especially if the user is dedicated enough and has enough time on their hands.

But when the users solve it themselves. They both move on. And the site moves on.

See I'm already making positive changes and I'm not even the sole moderator yet.

I would like to apologize to you BT.
I assumed you were the one who banned me last time. I hope you can understand, given the history, why I assumed that.

Look back on it now, it does make sense it was Mindy and it's clear she had Top Secret in her ear.
Seeing how Top Secret immediately jumped on the accusation (which is again forum rules btw) that I am mdavis minutes after the ban, its clear he had convinced her that I probably was mdavis and given their history I don't blame her for doing so. Just.....what evidence did she have?

So great. I got 3 months for a made up rule and a lie.
05-14-2019, 11:10 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-14-2019, 11:19 AM by filmguy.)
I didn't write that and I'm not going into how my co-worker reversed engineered my password and wrote all kinds of things. If you choose not to believe it neither me nor the truth care. In the end he got his though and that's all I care about.

I had requested the full time ban on the account because I lost control of it.

Obviously still paying for the actions of someone else, but life isn't fair right?
05-14-2019, 11:25 AM,
(05-14-2019, 11:10 AM)filmguy Wrote: I didn't write that and I'm not going into how my co-worker reversed engineered my password and wrote all kinds of things. If you choose not to believe it neither me nor the truth care. In the end he got his though and that's all I care about.

I had requested the full time ban on the account because I lost control of it.

Obviously still paying for the actions of someone else, but life isn't fair right?

I apologize. I had forgotten about that co-worker incident. Thanks for reminding me of it. I will edit my post.
05-14-2019, 11:38 AM,
Perhaps we can be civil after all.
I'll tone it down from here on concerning your moderating and my opinions on the matter.
05-14-2019, 11:41 AM,
Hey would you guys quit spamming my high quality threads and stick on topic. You are diluting the talent of my work here! With filmguy ignored by everyone, all this thread looks like is BT talking to his/herself. So come on get with the program.
05-14-2019, 12:52 PM,
For the record:

I only banned you, filmguy, after MANY requests and complaints from others, including other moderators. Some of their complaints were quite long. And I don’t believe Top Secret asked for you to be banned, but I’d have to go back and check.

There no conspiracy; there were many complaints.
Mindy's blogs:

http://www.fennhotspot.com
http://www.myeverwonderland.blogspot.com
05-14-2019, 01:11 PM,
I get it and I've made my peace with it now.
If a moderator is under pressure by a large number of the community they must act on behalf of the community.
I'm assuming a large number from your "MANY" comment.

Although, what is MANY equal to, 10 - 12 users?
On any given day I've seen as much as 100+ active users.
10-12 would only be 10% of the community.
A very SMALL number when you think about the other 90% aren't complaining.

Funny how none of them came to me to talk about their complaints.
You know, like what adults do. Children run to the parents to complain.

10-12 users.
Wouldn't it be so much easier if they just block me and move on.
Instead I get force blocked from hundreds.
Just a thought.
05-14-2019, 01:17 PM,
(05-14-2019, 11:41 AM)Top Secret Wrote: Hey would you guys quit spamming my high quality threads and stick on topic. You are diluting the talent of my work here! With filmguy ignored by everyone, all this thread looks like is BT talking to his/herself. So come on get with the program.
Smile Smile Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pandora's box vs lead searcher, the hard line Top Secret 26 3,858 06-21-2019, 06:14 PM
Last Post: Daniel A
  Lead Searcher(s) Riddlemethat 0 466 03-23-2019, 09:34 AM
Last Post: Riddlemethat
  Lead Dog participation trophy Top Secret 10 1,177 03-07-2019, 02:50 PM
Last Post: Beavertooth
  WWLSD (What Would Lead Searcher Do?) touchingpaintings 2 625 03-06-2019, 10:42 PM
Last Post: Chris Yates
  Debunking the "lead dog" myth Top Secret 68 6,808 03-06-2019, 04:30 PM
Last Post: BackTL
  It's Entertainment!! Not Life or Death. Gordon Lightfoot 0 417 12-30-2018, 01:33 AM
Last Post: Gordon Lightfoot