Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Lead Searcher Death Row
07-29-2019, 10:49 AM,
RE: Lead Searcher Death Row
I'm as paranoid as Fenn and as crazy as me. We aren't out there looking for something that makes sense to you. OK.
07-29-2019, 06:00 PM,
(07-29-2019, 01:28 PM)thrilledtochase Wrote: Deleted all threads. Can’t wait to meet you Top Secret...

looking forward to meeting you too!
07-29-2019, 11:24 PM,
I will say TS, this is one thread I owe you a compliment for. For its premise, and not necessarily your often abrasive "Trump-Tweet" tone.

The reason I like the concept of your Searcher Death Row list it because hopefully, it will be beneficial for new searchers to learn and benefit from.

I believe there are many excellent solves that seem to meet all of the criteria, and I have no doubt that some of those on your death row had some too. I have seen some really excellent solves not pan out, that could have been the correct solution, but proved not to be.

This thread serves as a warning that while one should have an excellent solve that seems to meet all of the criteria before one invests in a BOTG search effort, that alone does not guarantee success. In fact, the odds are still stacked against every such searcher, even those with the best solves.

My advice is to temper one's enthusiasm that comes naturally after thinking up a great solve, and go search it expecting not to find the chest. One cannot be disappointed that way, and one will not spend an unreasonable amount of time and money on their search efforts.

Search because you love the adventure, not because you think the Chase is a get rich quick scheme.

One thing I am very convinced of, and that is the Finder, whoever that shall be, will have survived failing to find the chest on many, not just one, excellent solves and BOTG expeditions before they eventually find success.

I believe the path to the chest is paved with many failures, and that is the gauntlet each of us faces. Only those who have the tenacity to endure many failures and keep going, albeit at a reasonable rate they can afford, are the real contenders in this Chase. Those who delude themselves into thinking they will find the chest with their first solve on their first BOTG search have no chance.

If all new searchers could understand this going in, they could save a lot of wasted time and effort and get down to the business of being real contenders rather than blowhards. This would benefit them greatly and the community in general.

Disclaimer: I was fortunate to not have been on the forums last year when I first learned of the Chase and believed I had it all figured out in 5 minutes and would sew it up on my first BOTG.

I deserved to have been put on this list last year and executed last year. But I avoided this public fate only because I had not registered on the forums yet.

Maybe I could have avoided learning that lesson the hard way if I had known most searchers start out this same way and fail miserably because of their arrogance.

Now that I'm well past thinking I will ever find the chest, I'm having a blast searching for it. I'm just glad that failing to find the chest did not break my bank account or my spirit and I can enjoy searching once a year on my family vacation with no pressure and no expectations other than to have awesome experiences in the Rockies.
07-30-2019, 07:00 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-30-2019, 07:26 AM by Top Secret.)
(07-30-2019, 12:29 AM)thrilledtochase Wrote: Yea Top Secret if we ever meet keep this same energy and see what happens...you’ll be famous Smile
I do not have to meet you to be famous, I am already the Chase's rock star! Even Lurker Mike is demanding front row seats now lol
07-30-2019, 12:00 PM,
(07-30-2019, 11:45 AM)thrilledtochase Wrote:
(07-30-2019, 07:00 AM)Top Secret Wrote:
(07-30-2019, 12:29 AM)thrilledtochase Wrote: Yea Top Secret if we ever meet keep this same energy and see what happens...you’ll be famous Smile
I do not have to meet you to be famous, I am already the Chase's rock star! Even Lurker Mike is demanding front row seats now lol

You’re not famous yet...if we ever meet you’ll make the news...

Do you mean like Danger Seeker, Rex Kramer?
07-30-2019, 12:02 PM,
(07-30-2019, 11:45 AM)thrilledtochase Wrote:
(07-30-2019, 07:00 AM)Top Secret Wrote:

You’re not famous yet...if we ever meet you’ll make the news...

Why would TS be famous if you meet?
07-30-2019, 01:57 PM,

always leave a trail

never to where you are

best of luck to you
if you ever need assistance
YOU KNOW where to find me

The Regulators
07-30-2019, 06:06 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-30-2019, 06:22 PM by Top Secret.)
(03-04-2019, 11:54 PM)Top Secret Wrote:
(03-04-2019, 11:42 PM)thrilledtochase Wrote: Like any of us are obligated to find it on your timeline...I have the poem solved and I’ll go get it when I have time assuming it’s actually there. If I wrote my solve 95% of people on here would agree it’s correct albeit incomplete. You couldn’t get a “95% believe I’m right” out of any other publicized solve. The evidence I have is undeniable. I’m working with coordinates. Singular spots where I can predict exactly what will be there. These coordinates are undeniably embedded in the poem. If I ever threw my hands up I could just go talk to the egyptology department at UAB and find the chest in a day. I consider that cheating so I have purposefully not done it. I’ll find it on my own at my own pace.
That is the kind of false lead dog flushing this is all about. You go on the list with the cop out date as a wand-bee lead dog and those brave enough to provide an actual earlier date will be the front runner "lead dog"
Blowhards like Thrilledtochase is the reason this thread exists. His arrogant chest thumping sums it up nicely and why he is now taking the walk of shame. Noobs take note!
07-31-2019, 12:14 AM,
I would like to nominate this website:

https://wherewarmwaters-halt.club/

Maybe give whoever it is a couple of weeks after their countdown is over to produce the chest. Then make them walk the plank.
08-01-2019, 05:29 PM,
Thriledtochase was so happy with how things rolled out for him that he changed his name to ThrilledToBe Executed, thus I am delighted to announce it is time for the next LeadSearcher Death Row execution.
Let's face it, Mike Marcum was a little wacky with his "interesting solutions" and perhaps took an early departure because of it, so let us pull him up from the death row holding tank and give him a proper Chase Execution.

Gather around the gallows my fellow chasers and witness the Chase's next execution of the 2019 Chase season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Re457SbYWLs

RIP Mike Marcum, others will follow.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What if the Lead Searcher/Finder Walked Away? fabjr71 8 909 07-14-2020, 10:48 PM
Last Post: Deano
  Lead searcher, or lead slug? wildfuntear 6 530 06-15-2020, 06:52 PM
Last Post: mrmagicarovrumrebel
  Lead searcher, or lead slug? wildfuntear 1 187 06-15-2020, 05:04 PM
Last Post: Top Secret
  Pandora's box vs lead searcher, the hard line Top Secret 27 8,567 06-08-2020, 05:15 PM
Last Post: Top Secret
  Lead Searcher has a message for Fenn Top Secret 86 18,832 11-10-2019, 09:40 PM
Last Post: brubr
  Yes I will admit I'm the lead searcher. mike marcum 4 1,047 10-08-2019, 10:15 PM
Last Post: Beavertooth