Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Lead Searcher Death Row
03-05-2019, 10:24 AM,
RE: Lead Searcher Death Row
(03-04-2019, 09:09 PM)brubr Wrote:
(03-04-2019, 06:45 PM)Top Secret Wrote: The Debunking Lead Dog Myth thread's popularity is growing. Annually the blowhards come forward and proclaim their supreme arrogance by predicting they are the lead searcher whom Fenn refers and they without doubt will claim the chest this upcoming search season.

I am of opinion that searchers need to be held accountable and there is a price for vanity. That price is the Fenn walk of shame. So here is how it works: if anybody claims they know where the chest is, they are the lead searcher/dog, have solved the poem and will retrieve it this year; they will be added to the list with a search date (default date August 1st, 2019). On that date we will hand out the punishment by retrieving them from lead searcher death row and march them down the walk the shame and properly execute them in front of the entire search community and added to the Dead Dreams Blowhard list.

Feel free to submit searchers from other blogs and their search date. So now it is time to put up or shut up. Enter your name if you dare...

This is the Lead Dog proclamation death row Master list:
Mike Marcum August 1

This list will be updated as "lead dogs" come forward.

Why August 1, 2019?
Let's call it hairyfools day if you don't find
The chest

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk
03-05-2019, 10:26 AM,
well if it's what she wants, I'll stick around.

.........______________________________________.........
“These in white robes—who are they, and where did they come from?” I answered, “Sir, you know.” And he said, “These are they who have come out of the great tribulation; they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
03-05-2019, 10:26 AM,
(03-04-2019, 06:45 PM)Top Secret Wrote: The Debunking Lead Dog Myth thread's popularity is growing. Annually the blowhards come forward and proclaim their supreme arrogance by predicting they are the lead searcher whom Fenn refers and they without doubt will claim the chest this upcoming search season.

I am of opinion that searchers need to be held accountable and there is a price for vanity. That price is the Fenn walk of shame. So here is how it works: if anybody claims they know where the chest is, they are the lead searcher/dog, have solved the poem and will retrieve it this year; they will be added to the list with a search date (default date August 1st, 2019). On that date we will hand out the punishment by retrieving them from lead searcher death row and march them down the walk the shame and properly execute them in front of the entire search community and added to the Dead Dreams Blowhard list.

Feel free to submit searchers from other blogs and their search date. So now it is time to put up or shut up. Enter your name if you dare...

Lead Dog___Execution date
Mike Marcum August 1
Thrilledtochase August 2

How u know what month I'm going be searching in

03-05-2019, 10:31 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-05-2019, 10:33 AM by Top Secret.)
(03-05-2019, 10:26 AM)mikemarcum03 Wrote:

Mike Marcum August 1
Thrilledtochase August 2

I don't. As clearly explained in the instructions, it is a default date until you provide the official search date. The one with the earliest date gets to be the mythical "lead dog," until they conduct the Fenn walk of shame down death row and are properly executed, then the one with the next earliest date becomes the mythical "lead dog" until all have been executed or treasure found.
03-05-2019, 10:40 AM,
(03-05-2019, 10:31 AM)Top Secret Wrote:

Mike Marcum August 1
Thrilledtochase August 2

I don't. As clearly explained in the instructions, it is a default date until you provide the official search date. The one with the earliest date gets to be the mythical "lead dog," until they conduct the Fenn walk of shame down death row and are properly executed, then the one with the next earliest date becomes the mythical "lead dog" until all have been executed or treasure found.
Oh.
So let me apologies for taking it the wrong way and my words.
So this mean I'll at list have to start in July I don't think my wwh is going to be at a full halt.

03-05-2019, 11:39 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-05-2019, 11:41 AM by lingerlonger.)
so you're going to murder us?

so much for reasonable doubt huh

.........______________________________________.........
“These in white robes—who are they, and where did they come from?” I answered, “Sir, you know.” And he said, “These are they who have come out of the great tribulation; they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
03-05-2019, 11:48 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-05-2019, 11:51 AM by Top Secret.)
(03-05-2019, 10:14 AM)Beavertooth Wrote:

Mike Marcum August 1
Thrilledtochase August 2

While you are entitled to your opinion here, I think you are contributing a lot of negativity on the forum with this thread. It just seems mean-spirited to me, especially the way it is written up. So what if some searchers are enthusiastic about their solves? When Ricky made up these lists in the past, he had the same intent as you have, but he did it with a little more grace and less abrasiveness.

We are always going to have a number of searchers who think they have solved it in 5 hours, or 5 days, or 5 months, or longer. A lot of them may not have put BOTG yet to understand some of the problems you run into when you are in the Rocky Mountains. Most of them will not be corrected by other searchers, who will not share "better" solves because they don't want to give up their chances of finding the chest. So the "optimists" that think their solve is better than any they have seen on the boards ignore what minor challenges they do see.

You want to punish people for their hubris, because it offends you. I would like to see the chest found, if not by me, by someone soon. If it takes hubris to achieve that, then I am all for it.

I am also hopeful that some who fail will be kind enough to share what their thinking was -- it may help the rest of us to get to a correct solve. But they are unlikely to share if they are being vilified by your walk of shame.
My apologies for not having the grace and dignity of the great Ricky. Maybe I caught you on a bad day, since CF thinks it is very funny.

To clarify your misconception, this is intended to single out and hold the boastful lead dogs accountable. You know the annoying ones who repeat ad nauseam they the best and taught us and brag daily how they will retrieve the chest. It is not intended for the enthusiastic ones who humbly know the true odds and live the spirit of the chase.

If you or anyone has a constructive way to improve the lead dog execution, I am sure we can get it to Ricky status. lol

(03-05-2019, 10:24 AM)mikemarcum03 Wrote:

Mike Marcum August 1

Why August 1, 2019?
The chest

Now that is funny... err that's funny right BT? lol
03-05-2019, 11:56 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-05-2019, 11:58 AM by mikemarcum03.)
(03-05-2019, 11:37 AM)Top Secret Wrote:
(03-05-2019, 10:40 AM)mikemarcum03 Wrote:
(03-05-2019, 10:40 AM)mikemarcum03 Wrote:
(03-05-2019, 10:31 AM)Top Secret Wrote:

Oh.
So let me apologies for taking it the wrong way and my words.
So this mean I'll at list have to start in July I don't think my wwh is going to be at a full halt.

July 1st it is. You are in the lead until you are executed.
Well if I'm going to talk the talk.
Then I'll have to go get the TC.
I've let it sit out there seens 6/04/17
But I can't tell anyone that I found it.

(03-05-2019, 11:48 AM)Top Secret Wrote:
(03-05-2019, 10:14 AM)Beavertooth Wrote:

Mike Marcum August 1
Thrilledtochase August 2

While you are entitled to your opinion here, I think you are contributing a lot of negativity on the forum with this thread. It just seems mean-spirited to me, especially the way it is written up. So what if some searchers are enthusiastic about their solves? When Ricky made up these lists in the past, he had the same intent as you have, but he did it with a little more grace and less abrasiveness.

We are always going to have a number of searchers who think they have solved it in 5 hours, or 5 days, or 5 months, or longer. A lot of them may not have put BOTG yet to understand some of the problems you run into when you are in the Rocky Mountains. Most of them will not be corrected by other searchers, who will not share "better" solves because they don't want to give up their chances of finding the chest. So the "optimists" that think their solve is better than any they have seen on the boards ignore what minor challenges they do see.

You want to punish people for their hubris, because it offends you. I would like to see the chest found, if not by me, by someone soon. If it takes hubris to achieve that, then I am all for it.

I am also hopeful that some who fail will be kind enough to share what their thinking was -- it may help the rest of us to get to a correct solve. But they are unlikely to share if they are being vilified by your walk of shame.
My apologies for not having the grace and dignity of the great Ricky. Maybe I caught you on a bad day, since CF thinks it is very funny.

To clarify your misconception, this is intended to single out and hold the boastful lead dogs accountable. You know the annoying ones who repeat ad nauseam they the best and taught us and brag daily how they will retrieve the chest. It is not intended for the enthusiastic ones who humbly know the true odds and live the spirit of the chase.

If you or anyone has a constructive way to improve the lead dog execution, I am sure we can get it to Ricky status. lol

(03-05-2019, 10:24 AM)mikemarcum03 Wrote:

Mike Marcum August 1

Why August 1, 2019?
The chest

Now that is funny... err that's funny right BT? lol

03-05-2019, 12:01 PM,
(03-04-2019, 06:45 PM)Top Secret Wrote: The Debunking Lead Dog Myth thread's popularity is growing https://www.chasechat.com/showthread.php?tid=11668 . Annually the blowhards come forward and proclaim their supreme arrogance by predicting they are the lead searcher whom Fenn refers and they without doubt will claim the chest this upcoming search season.

To clarify: The default date is issued until you provide the official search date. The one with the earliest date gets to be the mythical "lead dog," until they conduct the Fenn walk of shame down death row and are properly executed, then the one with the next earliest date becomes the mythical "lead dog" until all have been executed or treasure found.

Mike Marcum July 1
Thrilledtochase August 2

You need to add a second part to the walk of shame. As soon as the real Lead Dog actually proves his find, all you negative, unbelieving, Fenn-bashing naysayers will not only walk the shame plank to your criticismic death, but you will forever hold your tongues concerning anything chase related.
These are all just my ideas. I hope no one uses them.
03-05-2019, 12:09 PM,
(03-05-2019, 12:01 PM)trigace Wrote:
(03-04-2019, 06:45 PM)Top Secret Wrote: The Debunking Lead Dog Myth thread's popularity is growing https://www.chasechat.com/showthread.php?tid=11668 . Annually the blowhards come forward and proclaim their supreme arrogance by predicting they are the lead searcher whom Fenn refers and they without doubt will claim the chest this upcoming search season.

To clarify: The default date is issued until you provide the official search date. The one with the earliest date gets to be the mythical "lead dog," until they conduct the Fenn walk of shame down death row and are properly executed, then the one with the next earliest date becomes the mythical "lead dog" until all have been executed or treasure found.

Mike Marcum July 1
Thrilledtochase August 2

You need to add a second part to the walk of shame. As soon as the real Lead Dog actually proves his find, all you negative, unbelieving, Fenn-bashing naysayers will not only walk the shame plank to your criticismic death, but you will forever hold your tongues concerning anything chase related.
Deal, just name your date and I will add you to the blowhard list.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pandora's box vs lead searcher, the hard line Top Secret 11 633 05-16-2019, 06:36 PM
Last Post: legacyhelper
  Lead Searcher(s) Riddlemethat 0 347 03-23-2019, 09:34 AM
Last Post: Riddlemethat
  Lead Dog participation trophy Top Secret 10 811 03-07-2019, 02:50 PM
Last Post: Beavertooth
  WWLSD (What Would Lead Searcher Do?) touchingpaintings 2 436 03-06-2019, 10:42 PM
Last Post: Chris Yates
  Debunking the "lead dog" myth Top Secret 68 5,234 03-06-2019, 04:30 PM
Last Post: BackTL
  It's Entertainment!! Not Life or Death. Gordon Lightfoot 0 326 12-30-2018, 01:33 AM
Last Post: Gordon Lightfoot