Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Lead Searcher Death Row
03-05-2019, 12:15 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-05-2019, 12:32 PM by trigace.)
RE: Lead Searcher Death Row
(03-05-2019, 12:01 PM)trigace Wrote:
(03-04-2019, 06:45 PM)Top Secret Wrote: The Debunking Lead Dog Myth thread's popularity is growing https://www.chasechat.com/showthread.php?tid=11668 . Annually the blowhards come forward and proclaim their supreme arrogance by predicting they are the lead searcher whom Fenn refers and they without doubt will claim the chest this upcoming search season.

I am of opinion that searchers need to be held accountable and there is a price for vanity. That price is the Fenn walk of shame. So here is how it works: if anybody claims they know where the chest is, they are the lead searcher/dog, have solved the poem and will retrieve it this year; they will be added to the list with a search date (default date August 1st, 2019). On that date we will hand out the punishment by retrieving them from lead searcher death row and march them down the walk the shame and properly execute them in front of the entire search community and added to the Dead Dreams Blowhard list.

To clarify: The default date is issued until you provide the official search date. The one with the earliest date gets to be the mythical "lead dog," until they conduct the Fenn walk of shame down death row and are properly executed, then the one with the next earliest date becomes the mythical "lead dog" until all have been executed or treasure found.

Feel free to submit searchers from other blogs and their search date. So now it is time to put up or shut up. Enter your name if you dare...

This is the Lead Dog proclamation death row Master list:
Lead Dog___Execution date
Mike Marcum July 1
Thrilledtochase August 2

This list will be updated as "lead dogs" come forward.

You need to add a second part to the walk of shame. As soon as the real Lead Dog actually proves his find, all you negative, unbelieving, Fenn-bashing naysayers will not only walk the shame plank to your criticismic death, but you will forever hold your tongues concerning anything chase related.

Your title will be "Bottom-Feeding Dogs."
These are all just my ideas. I hope no one uses them.
03-05-2019, 12:18 PM,
(03-05-2019, 11:37 AM)Top Secret Wrote:
(03-05-2019, 10:40 AM)mikemarcum03 Wrote:
(03-05-2019, 10:40 AM)mikemarcum03 Wrote:
(03-05-2019, 10:31 AM)Top Secret Wrote:
(03-05-2019, 10:26 AM)mikemarcum03 Wrote:
How u know what month I'm going be searching in

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk
I don't. As clearly explained in the instructions, it is a default date until you provide the official search date. The one with the earliest date gets to be the mythical "lead dog," until they conduct the Fenn walk of shame down death row and are properly executed, then the one with the next earliest date becomes the mythical "lead dog" until all have been executed or treasure found.
Oh.
So let me apologies for taking it the wrong way and my words.
So this mean I'll at list have to start in July I don't think my wwh is going to be at a full halt.

July 1st it is. You are in the lead until you are executed.
Where you come up with July 1 my wwh ant going to be at a halt until Aug 1 that's when I can go get it on the AUG 1.
I have to let the river go down for me to cross.

03-05-2019, 12:26 PM,
Why would anyone want to reveal too early that they found the chest? Ultimately, even the finder of the chest will probably have to do the walk of shame to protect their identity. The finder will reveal the solve to Forrest when they've taken a month to consider all things and then prepare for the public/media onslaught. Besides, since this year has been a near record snow fall total, it's hard to say when river levels will be back to a normal and safe level for people to explore the valleys. I personally don't know if my June date is feasible. My goal is to go over Memorial Day week but that is not a firm date yet.
03-05-2019, 12:48 PM,
(03-05-2019, 12:26 PM)fabjr71 Wrote: Why would anyone want to reveal too early that they found the chest? Ultimately, even the finder of the chest will probably have to do the walk of shame to protect their identity. The finder will reveal the solve to Forrest when they've taken a month to consider all things and then prepare for the public/media onslaught. Besides, since this year has been a near record snow fall total, it's hard to say when river levels will be back to a normal and safe level for people to explore the valleys. I personally don't know if my June date is feasible. My goal is to go over Memorial Day week but that is not a firm date yet.

Mrmagic may be in that quiet period. I thought he was going mid-February on his latest search. I'm giving him a couple more weeks to consult with Fenn and tax lawyers. Otherwise, I am going to claim my winning bet that he wouldn't find it.
03-05-2019, 12:51 PM,
Beavertooth, you said you hope the chest is found soon, If not by you, by someone else. Can you explain why you feel this way? Has "the thrill of the chase" grown tiresome for you? Wonder if Tom Brady ever began a season with a thought like, well if I can't win the superbowl this year I sure hope, insert random football player name here, wins it....
03-05-2019, 01:02 PM,
(03-05-2019, 12:46 PM)thrilledtochase Wrote: I bet I’d pass a polygraph of if I could ruin the chase. I bet I’d pass a polygraph of having the best posted solve on the internet. I bet I’d pass a polygraph on if I know the exact 3 1/4 square miles the poem is about. I dislike your latent threats and I’m quickly losing respect for you. I doubt you’d speak like this in person, and if you tried to it wouldn’t be long before it went south for you.

While I am intrigued by your ideas, I am not a believer. Reason? You have stated recently that you could steer searchers to your solution with 20 words. Just as in the old game "Name That Tune", I could steer people with ONE word towards my current solve area, so I conclude you do not have the correct solve. But I have not posted my ideas on the Internet, so you do win that race.

Passing a polygraph isn't really that logical as "proof". You obviously believe you have the best posted solve on the internet, so you would pass the polygraph, even if your area is wrong by 500 miles. You also believe you have the exact 3 1/4 mile area pinned down, so you would pass a polygraph, even though your area could be in a desert below 5,000 feet in altitude, and 99% of existing searchers would therefore disagree with you. With logic traps like these, I am concerned about the rest of your solve. But I believe you have just as good a chance at being the winner as all the rest of us, so good hunting!
03-05-2019, 01:08 PM,
(03-05-2019, 12:46 PM)thrilledtochase Wrote: I bet I’d pass a polygraph of if I could ruin the chase. I bet I’d pass a polygraph of having the best posted solve on the internet. I bet I’d pass a polygraph on if I know the exact 3 1/4 square miles the poem is about. I dislike your latent threats and I’m quickly losing respect for you. I doubt you’d speak like this in person, and if you tried to it wouldn’t be long before it went south for you.
better than slick nickel, or Kyle sandau' solve?
03-05-2019, 01:31 PM,
(03-05-2019, 12:51 PM)Seeker9 Wrote: Beavertooth, you said you hope the chest is found soon, If not by you, by someone else. Can you explain why you feel this way? Has "the thrill of the chase" grown tiresome for you? Wonder if Tom Brady ever began a season with a thought like, well if I can't win the superbowl this year I sure hope, insert random football player name here, wins it....

Moderating all this stuff takes a toll.

More importantly, I have just about finished my final solve and expect to go BOTG this summer (I didn't go the past two years for various reasons). I don't think I will pursue it further.

I do have a couple of other ideas, which I will probably pass along to some other searchers.

In any event, I am probably way out in left field with a number of my ideas, since I interpret many lines in the poem, as well as TTOTC, very differently than what is discussed on the forums. I will say that a child might like some of my ideas. Smile
03-05-2019, 01:38 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-05-2019, 01:45 PM by Top Secret.)
(03-05-2019, 01:31 PM)Beavertooth Wrote:
(03-05-2019, 12:51 PM)Seeker9 Wrote: Beavertooth, you said you hope the chest is found soon, If not by you, by someone else. Can you explain why you feel this way? Has "the thrill of the chase" grown tiresome for you? Wonder if Tom Brady ever began a season with a thought like, well if I can't win the superbowl this year I sure hope, insert random football player name here, wins it....

Moderating all this stuff takes a toll.

More importantly, I have just about finished my final solve and expect to go BOTG this summer (I didn't go the past two years for various reasons). I don't think I will pursue it further.

I do have a couple of other ideas, which I will probably pass along to some other searchers.

In any event, I am probably way out in left field with a number of my ideas, since I interpret many lines in the poem, as well as TTOTC, very differently than what is discussed on the forums. I will say that a child might like some of my ideas. Smile
First off, I appreciate your job of moderating and yes I can be a pain in the butt, but I do it to keep balance and try to keep this place unique.

A comment on your solution. Since you feel no one thinks in a similar way, it should be considered a positive. If we all thought the same way or we all agreed on the method, we would be wrong, as Fenn words say as much. The finder will be very different and think very differently.
03-05-2019, 01:38 PM,

I'm curious as to how a polygraph would prove anything about your solution.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pandora's box vs lead searcher, the hard line Top Secret 11 633 05-16-2019, 06:36 PM
Last Post: legacyhelper
  Lead Searcher(s) Riddlemethat 0 347 03-23-2019, 09:34 AM
Last Post: Riddlemethat
  Lead Dog participation trophy Top Secret 10 811 03-07-2019, 02:50 PM
Last Post: Beavertooth
  WWLSD (What Would Lead Searcher Do?) touchingpaintings 2 436 03-06-2019, 10:42 PM
Last Post: Chris Yates
  Debunking the "lead dog" myth Top Secret 68 5,234 03-06-2019, 04:30 PM
Last Post: BackTL
  It's Entertainment!! Not Life or Death. Gordon Lightfoot 0 326 12-30-2018, 01:33 AM
Last Post: Gordon Lightfoot