Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Craziest thing that happened to you on the chase...
03-12-2019, 11:47 PM,
Craziest thing that happened to you on the chase...
This is a little off topic but I’m interested to know...During my time on the chase I’ve seen 2 separate fights (did my part to stop them both). I’ve been charged by a Buck mule deer. I’ve come around a corner and found a bunch of dead bones (in the hundreds) many with fur still on them. I’ve rediscovered an abandoned mine and heard tales of a lost town in the most unlikely of places. What is the craziest thing you’ve seen (non chase clue related) during a search or a trip you took searching? What I wrote above is just loose examples and I’d love to hear some great stories from some of you who I read on here all the time...I’m all ears Smile

Thrilled
03-13-2019, 08:47 AM,
RE: Craziest thing that happened to you on the chase...
A little over a year ago I went to search one of my spots with a couple of my brothers. We left early in the morning and took my 4X4 truck. We arrived near the area I wanted to check out and saw another truck that was high centered and stuck in a ditch off the side of the road. We stopped and asked if he needed help. He said YES! He was really glad to see us. He said he had gotten stuck the night before while it was dark and couldn't get out. He had a little dog with him and they had spent the cold night sitting in his truck without any warm clothing. It was a long dead end road with little traffic and we were the first to come out since he had been there.

Anyway, I hooked my tow chain onto his rear frame and pulled him out of the ditch. He was very happy to get out but worried that he wouldn't have enough gas to get back to a service station because he had used quite a bit to try to keep warm through the night. He must have made it out though because we didn't meet him later in the day when we went out.

He never said what he was doing in the area but he could have been a searcher. I doubt that he ever went back.
These are all just my ideas. I hope no one uses them.
03-13-2019, 09:07 AM,
(03-12-2019, 11:47 PM)thrilledtochase Wrote: This is a little off topic but I’m interested to know...During my time on the chase I’ve seen 2 separate fights (did my part to stop them both). I’ve been charged by a Buck mule deer. I’ve come around a corner and found a bunch of dead bones (in the hundreds) many with fur still on them. I’ve rediscovered an abandoned mine and heard tales of a lost town in the most unlikely of places. What is the craziest thing you’ve seen (non chase clue related) during a search or a trip you took searching? What I wrote above is just loose examples and I’d love to hear some great stories from some of you who I read on here all the time...I’m all ears Smile

Thrilled
Well I got in a chase and never in my life been in a mountain or a canyon to walk down.
But I went in there hunting for the creek taking a short cut but staying on the most direct route.
I didn't think I needed any others clue but the canyon down and the creek.
That I needed to be up in.
All the rest of the clues will fall in place after you find the creek.
And I found the blaze and set down on it and took a nap woke up and didn't search but left 3 houres later.
A very relaxing place.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk
03-13-2019, 11:26 AM,
Just a few been within 200ft from the Tc.
(03-13-2019, 11:18 AM)Seeker9 Wrote: Were you the person that posted the other night that you wanted to beat up a couple posters ? Cuz that seemed pretty crazy.
Old hillbilly boys like us is.
We get along with all.
Is that one of them cellphone rambows
Yes we have them over here in woods to.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk
03-13-2019, 01:35 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-13-2019, 04:53 PM by thrilledtochase.)
(03-13-2019, 08:47 AM)trigace Wrote: A little over a year ago I went to search one of my spots with a couple of my brothers. We left early in the morning and took my 4X4 truck. We arrived near the area I wanted to check out and saw another truck that was high centered and stuck in a ditch off the side of the road. We stopped and asked if he needed help. He said YES! He was really glad to see us. He said he had gotten stuck the night before while it was dark and couldn't get out. He had a little dog with him and they had spent the cold night sitting in his truck without any warm clothing. It was a long dead end road with little traffic and we were the first to come out since he had been there.

Anyway, I hooked my tow chain onto his rear frame and pulled him out of the ditch. He was very happy to get out but worried that he wouldn't have enough gas to get back to a service station because he had used quite a bit to try to keep warm through the night. He must have made it out though because we didn't meet him later in the day when we went out.

He never said what he was doing in the area but he could have been a searcher. I doubt that he ever went back.

Nice...it’s always a good deed to help stopped motorists...

03-15-2019, 03:43 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-15-2019, 04:02 PM by Tim Nobody.)
I was at the Waterfall at Lost creek in Cimarron and we were sitting by the falls and noticed a tree had a peculiar mark on it so we started digging near the tree and about a foot down we hit some metal. We continued digging furiously and uncovered an old rusty can. On that trip we had to cross over many downed trees and I fell down like three times during that adventure. One of those falls was when I was on top of the waterfall and was going to cross over the creek and did not want to get me feet wet so I stepped on a log in the middle of the creek and fell down into the water since the log was rotten and got wet but my feet stayed dry. Also in that canyon we stumbled upon a area littered with a bloody deer carcass and we were spooked the rest of the way to the falls but keep talking really loud and keep singing the song "Good ole Mountain Dew".

The funniest story was at Fennboree in 2017 and I was sitting next to Forrest and Amy (Aimee) was standing in front of him and she was trying to tell him something but he could not understand what she was saying, so like after the third time she repeated herself but Forrest still didn't get what she was saying and he apologized to her and said "sorry but I'm getting old and tend to forget" I quickly turned to him and got his attention by tapping on his shoulder and said "quick Forrest write down on this paper where you hid the treasure before you forget"
03-15-2019, 06:16 PM,
It's good to document history. How is it possible to forget what is written by you. He wrote the poem to remember where he put it.
03-16-2019, 12:01 AM,
(03-15-2019, 03:43 PM)Tim Nobody Wrote: I was at the Waterfall at Lost creek in Cimarron and we were sitting by the falls and noticed a tree had a peculiar mark on it so we started digging near the tree and about a foot down we hit some metal. We continued digging furiously and uncovered an old rusty can. On that trip we had to cross over many downed trees and I fell down like three times during that adventure. One of those falls was when I was on top of the waterfall and was going to cross over the creek and did not want to get me feet wet so I stepped on a log in the middle of the creek and fell down into the water since the log was rotten and got wet but my feet stayed dry. Also in that canyon we stumbled upon a area littered with a bloody deer carcass and we were spooked the rest of the way to the falls but keep talking really loud and keep singing the song "Good ole Mountain Dew".

The funniest story was at Fennboree in 2017 and I was sitting next to Forrest and Amy (Aimee) was standing in front of him and she was trying to tell him something but he could not understand what she was saying, so like after the third time she repeated herself but Forrest still didn't get what she was saying and he apologized to her and said "sorry but I'm getting old and tend to forget" I quickly turned to him and got his attention by tapping on his shoulder and said "quick Forrest write down on this paper where you hid the treasure before you forget"

So did he write it down? Tongue
03-16-2019, 09:44 AM,
On my very first search as I was walking back upstream from my search location, walking along the shoreline, I encountered the most dreaded beast known to man.

It was a beautiful morning. I had just spent the night cowboy camping at my solve location and decided I would return to the blaze and investigate further on my next search. I believed the treasure to be buried by silt just below the blaze. Unfortunately, I did not have the tools to dig and I was out of time for my trip as I needed to be on the road again the next day.

I was about half-way upstream when I encountered the beast. He surprised me when he suddenly appeared from around a boulder on the river bank. I immediately froze with fear. The flow of the river made enough noise and since he was upstream from me, my noises and scent were carried downstream, away from the beast. He had no idea I was only about twenty feet from him. Surely, had he known, he would have attacked.

Standing there paralyzed, seconds felt like years and I felt like Doctor Strange, replaying millions of alternative decisions and actions in my head only to realize the same outcome would be a horrible defeat. Closer the beast approached still unaware as it looked at the ground in front of him, never looking up to see his prey in front of him. What do I do? Do I shoot him with my 44 magnum at my side, spray him with pepper spray, or jump in the raging river and hope to escape him down river. I couldn't scramble up the cliff, I was trapped. I was doomed. The fear suddenly turned to acceptance of the fate I would soon meet in the deathly grips of this foul beast.

Finally, when he was within ten feet of me, in the acceptance of what was to come, I bravely and calmly called out to the beast to make him aware of my presence and prepare for his wrath. With a deep breath, I drew in the sweet air of that beautiful morning and in a soft but clear voice, I proclaimed "Excuse me Mr. Skunk, may I pass?".

To my surprise the skunk did not spray me but instead gave me safe passage as he scrambled up the river bank to get out of my way. Once he was off the path, I quickly scurried up stream hoping he would not change his mind. Once I was far enough up stream, I turned and bellowed out

"Thank you Mr. Skunk for not spraying me".
03-16-2019, 01:04 PM,
(03-16-2019, 09:44 AM)fabjr71 Wrote: On my very first search as I was walking back upstream from my search location, walking along the shoreline, I encountered the most dreaded beast known to man.

It was a beautiful morning. I had just spent the night cowboy camping at my solve location and decided I would return to the blaze and investigate further on my next search. I believed the treasure to be buried by silt just below the blaze. Unfortunately, I did not have the tools to dig and I was out of time for my trip as I needed to be on the road again the next day.

I was about half-way upstream when I encountered the beast. He surprised me when he suddenly appeared from around a boulder on the river bank. I immediately froze with fear. The flow of the river made enough noise and since he was upstream from me, my noises and scent were carried downstream, away from the beast. He had no idea I was only about twenty feet from him. Surely, had he known, he would have attacked.

Standing there paralyzed, seconds felt like years and I felt like Doctor Strange, replaying millions of alternative decisions and actions in my head only to realize the same outcome would be a horrible defeat. Closer the beast approached still unaware as it looked at the ground in front of him, never looking up to see his prey in front of him. What do I do? Do I shoot him with my 44 magnum at my side, spray him with pepper spray, or jump in the raging river and hope to escape him down river. I couldn't scramble up the cliff, I was trapped. I was doomed. The fear suddenly turned to acceptance of the fate I would soon meet in the deathly grips of this foul beast.

Finally, when he was within ten feet of me, in the acceptance of what was to come, I bravely and calmly called out to the beast to make him aware of my presence and prepare for his wrath. With a deep breath, I drew in the sweet air of that beautiful morning and in a soft but clear voice, I proclaimed "Excuse me Mr. Skunk, may I pass?".

To my surprise the skunk did not spray me but instead gave me safe passage as he scrambled up the river bank to get out of my way. Once he was off the path, I quickly scurried up stream hoping he would not change his mind. Once I was far enough up stream, I turned and bellowed out

"Thank you Mr. Skunk for not spraying me".

Lol best story yet!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Drivel Happened, Lack of Moderation Happened Beavertooth 21 3,032 01-09-2019, 07:36 AM
Last Post: inohury
  Fenn Chase - A Generational Thing djjmciv 5 2,087 06-13-2016, 06:36 PM
Last Post: romeofoxtrot