Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Craziest thing that happened to you on the chase...
03-16-2019, 08:12 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-16-2019, 08:18 PM by CapnCook.)
RE: Craziest thing that happened to you on the chase...
On one of my searches I went down a canyon following a cow path. I found what looked to me like a Native American - or the like - ritual area with perfectly round boulders about waste high. They were on top of a flat platform cut into the side of the canyon. Looked like a stage. I was so excited because it was definetly man-made and thought it must be Fenn's art, and the treasure must be there. I took a ton of pictures with my cellphone. I ate my lunch in the middle of them.

But when I got back to my truck and went to look at the pictures again - there were none. I had pictures of the cows on the way there. And a picture of the dam coyote (that was way too close to me before I noticed it when I was trekking out) but not one picture of the round boulders. It was very strange.
03-16-2019, 11:12 PM,
If you could go back would you want the pictures? My favorite moments are all mine; no pictures...
03-17-2019, 09:21 AM,
(03-16-2019, 11:12 PM)thrilledtochase Wrote: If you could go back would you want the pictures? My favorite moments are all mine; no pictures...

I like that. That search was in 2012. I have gone searching again and have driven by that canyon but didn't go back in. Weve received additional hints since, and there is no way Fenn walked that canyon. It would be too difficult for him to walk. But eventually I think I do want to go back, but not Fenn treasure related, just to see it again. Pics probably. I think I would want to document it.
03-18-2019, 03:41 PM,
So did he write it down? Tongue
[/quote]

No
03-18-2019, 06:45 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-19-2019, 09:51 PM by legacyhelper.)
I like to think about names of places, like that New Mexico town called Truth Or Consequences.
I also know that Buffalo, NY is not the only city with that name. My search partner navigates for me
while I drive the sedan. We live in Minneapolis, Minnesota. She said "Head for Buffalo." I replied "New York is east of here. We need to go west. She said "That's the wrong Buffalo. We're going to the
Buffalo in Minnesota." So off we went. Traffic was pretty heavy due to road repair in the middle of that town.

So . . . Here's the craziest thing that happened to me on my search trip: We had to slow to a complete stop due to the road in the Buffalo.
03-19-2019, 03:59 AM,
Legacyhelper, that's clever. But I don't think it's any more sincere than the other messages posted
on this subject. I wonder how serious people are about the treasure hunt itself, compared to just using
the forums as social media. I have noticed this on other blogs.
03-19-2019, 05:35 PM,
(03-19-2019, 03:59 AM)wildfuntear Wrote: Legacyhelper, that's clever. But I don't think it's any more sincere than the other messages posted
on this subject. I wonder how serious people are about the treasure hunt itself, compared to just using

pretty much everybody posting on the internet about this treasure hunt is getting human interaction out of it and thats pretty much it

because with one exception (and maybe not even one), no one is going to find the treasure, and most everybody is not even close to finding it

so theres no need really to take anything too seriously

there may be a few things of serious value in a few peoples minds out there who have figured something out. but I doubt you'll read these kinds of serious thoughts anywhere, and I doubt these kinds of serious thoughts would be shared much, if at all

if they were, we are going to miss them among the thousands of nonsense posts anyway
03-19-2019, 09:59 PM,
(03-19-2019, 05:35 PM)Chris Yates Wrote:
(03-19-2019, 03:59 AM)wildfuntear Wrote: Legacyhelper, that's clever. But I don't think it's any more sincere than the other messages posted

pretty much everybody posting on the internet about this treasure hunt is getting human interaction out of it and thats pretty much it

because with one exception (and maybe not even one), no one is going to find the treasure, and most everybody is not even close to finding it

there may be a few things of serious value in a few peoples minds out there who have figured something out. but I doubt you'll read these kinds of serious thoughts anywhere, and I doubt these kinds of serious thoughts would be shared much, if at all

if they were, we are going to miss them among the thousands of nonsense posts anyway

Chris, this makes sense to me. I'm on the search for the TC, but am also trying to stay informed about what others (the "competition"?) say
on the forums. Do you intend to look for the TC?
03-20-2019, 12:55 AM,
(03-19-2019, 09:59 PM)Andrew Jef Wrote: Chris, this makes sense to me. I'm on the search for the TC, but am also trying to stay informed about what others (the "competition"?) say
on the forums. Do you intend to look for the TC?

I would like to search this year. whether I am going to is unknown at this point
03-20-2019, 01:08 AM,
(03-19-2019, 05:35 PM)Chris Yates Wrote:

I think I’ve learned more about Fenn clues from this site than interviews....i love reading a lot of the posters on here...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Drivel Happened, Lack of Moderation Happened Beavertooth 21 3,078 01-09-2019, 07:36 AM
Last Post: inohury
  Fenn Chase - A Generational Thing djjmciv 5 2,096 06-13-2016, 06:36 PM
Last Post: romeofoxtrot