Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Kind Man.
03-14-2019, 05:53 PM,
RE: A Kind Man.
(03-13-2019, 04:55 PM)easternOHsteve Wrote: @legacyhelper
I know it's just my opinion and it is in my trip; but...
Think about the number 8. And what would be the number 8? It is on BLM property I'm sure of that. The reason might be because he hid it from ??? I can not give it out there because it is right there. He went to Borders two times in the rain in the same day and he stumbled over the bobwire two times... Border two times and two trips. What border and 8??? I have put much info out there; if anyone has listened...

Who is "he"?

If you're claiming that the number 8 is on BLM property, you might be
right. Why are you "sure of that"?

The number 8 thing is not a mystery to me, in my opinion.

When you talk about BLM, are you referring to JEFF GOLDBLM (who
has GOLD in his name)? I'd like to keep my eye on him, but that
DERN LAURA keeps distracting me (y'all understand that in this case,
it's not a DD issue, right?).
03-14-2019, 06:22 PM,
(03-14-2019, 05:53 PM)legacyhelper Wrote:
(03-13-2019, 04:55 PM)easternOHsteve Wrote: @legacyhelper
I know it's just my opinion and it is in my trip; but...
Think about the number 8. And what would be the number 8? It is on BLM property I'm sure of that. The reason might be because he hid it from ??? I can not give it out there because it is right there. He went to Borders two times in the rain in the same day and he stumbled over the bobwire two times... Border two times and two trips. What border and 8??? I have put much info out there; if anyone has listened...

Who is "he"?

If you're claiming that the number 8 is on BLM property, you might be
right. Why are you "sure of that"?

The number 8 thing is not a mystery to me, in my opinion.

When you talk about BLM, are you referring to JEFF GOLDBLM (who
has GOLD in his name)? I'd like to keep my eye on him, but that
DERN LAURA keeps distracting me (y'all understand that in this case,
it's not a DD issue, right?).
Theres no dought about its on BLM land.
This is one of the answers Forrest already knows and why he put it on BLM.
Don't piss Forrest off.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk
03-14-2019, 07:14 PM,
(03-13-2019, 06:07 PM)easternOHsteve Wrote: @mikemarcum03
From the bobwire down the road is 1/4 mile just to see blaze; then less than 1/4 mile to the tc. then 500' to car. Simple, less than a mile on road and in grass; the last 500' is in the woods. Or you can follow the elk path back up to the car parked at the portal. If you already know where the blaze can be seen, then you can walk approximately 1000'! IMO

If your solve relies on "bobwire", good luck.

The poem/solve should be valid for hundreds or thousands of years.

Something manmade like "bobwire" is too flimsy to be an important item in the search's logic.

And what's this "portal" stuff all about? My solve doesn't require travel
through any tunnels. And I also believe that solving the poem should
be possible by someone with a clean mind.

All part of my opinion.
03-14-2019, 07:39 PM,
(03-13-2019, 09:25 AM)Gordon Lightfoot Wrote: I don't believe that Forrest Fenn would hide the treasure chest in a dangerous place. What could he possibly gain by putting a human life in danger? The only thing he has ever asked of us is to be smart about going Heels on the Ground, and to not go in the Winter, and that the wilderness is one big variable, common sense stuff like that.

That man is not out to kill us. So, when he hid the treasure, you can rest assure that he hid it in a safe place you can get to safely. The only challenge to this game is figuring out where the chest lies, the rest is easy, and safe.

Gordon, didn't you post that on one of your search hikes you were
totally exhausted (possibly even with bottled oxygen along)? Maybe
getting to the chest isn't so easy. Not all searchers are great athletes.
And not all great athletes are capable of correctly solving the poem. It
seems to me that someone as "fit" as a statistically average 70-year-old
person should be able to hike to the hidey place and retrieve about
20 pounds of the goodies in one day without any extraordinary tools or effort, unless there's been some intended deception involved in this
hunt.
03-15-2019, 12:22 AM,
(03-14-2019, 07:39 PM)Andrew Jef Wrote:
(03-13-2019, 09:25 AM)Gordon Lightfoot Wrote: I don't believe that Forrest Fenn would hide the treasure chest in a dangerous place. What could he possibly gain by putting a human life in danger? The only thing he has ever asked of us is to be smart about going Heels on the Ground, and to not go in the Winter, and that the wilderness is one big variable, common sense stuff like that.

That man is not out to kill us. So, when he hid the treasure, you can rest assure that he hid it in a safe place you can get to safely. The only challenge to this game is figuring out where the chest lies, the rest is easy, and safe.

Gordon, didn't you post that on one of your search hikes you were
totally exhausted (possibly even with bottled oxygen along)? Maybe
getting to the chest isn't so easy. Not all searchers are great athletes.
And not all great athletes are capable of correctly solving the poem. It
seems to me that someone as "fit" as a statistically average 70-year-old
person should be able to hike to the hidey place and retrieve about
20 pounds of the goodies in one day without any extraordinary tools or effort, unless there's been some intended deception involved in this
hunt.

There's a big difference between Forrest and I, he is use to the high altitudes of the West, and I'm not. If you live in a high altitude your body will adjust to it by making more Red Blood Cells in your Bone Marrow to carry more oxygen to all of your body's cells. I'm coming straight from the Texas coast, elevation 90 feet....it takes at least a couple of weeks for your body to gradually start pumping out more RBCs. That's the difference. So, I struggle. Taking a tank and carrying it on my right shoulder made me uneven, so that was a minus to start off with, not to mention not being in condition and the high altitude again. If it wasn't for the altitude I would have no problem, since I have no problem getting around where I live. So, that's the problem. Even if I was in excellent shape, it wouldn't make a bit of difference.
03-15-2019, 03:20 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-15-2019, 03:23 PM by easternOHsteve.)
@legacyhelper
I am sure of the 8. Bobwire is only a tiny hint; it will be there (exactly there) as long as there is a federal program to use (share/sale) the people's resources. The portal thing is only a small, small hint; it comes from the scrapbook about the bell east of fenn's portal. I just use that reference for a gate that looks into a large expanse (about 200 acres). The tc is located east of this portal (about the same distance as the bell is to fenn's portal)... It is just a hint as I have already gotten into that very spot two directions using hints and then the poem... I did not have USGS on my last trip; the library was not open locally every time I was near it. I only had 4 days (my granddaughter did not disclose she had visitation with child at DHS) so had to take her back home within two days. I did not have the proper phone service to access the proper maps and a thousand acres was a bit larger than I had expected, lol... Want me to keep making excuses? I am just a little angry; I live 1600 miles or so away... This is as always my opinion; your trip might be the correct one...
@Seeker9
I am almost 70. I have MS. I use a staff in the woods; cane on road and path. I do not have any problem with elevation sickness, even at 11,000 feet, with a slightly increased breathing. I normally reside and have activities between 1000 feet and 3600 feet here in WV/OH area. My son lives in southern WV and the elevation is 3660 at his house. I don't know why I do not have that problem with elevation; I guess I'm lucky. I actually think the walking part is very easy...
I think Forrest has used his wits and gut feelings all his life. Is he kind? I just don't know him that well. In this chase he has been witty, highly intellegent, and maybe pensive?
just saying ss
03-16-2019, 05:44 AM,
@Seeker9
The staff allows me to stand erect; the cane makes me stoop over a bit. Gandalf, hmmm. I do have a white beard. Not a hint...
I hope to be able to make a trip out again very soon; the snow is very deep in the drifts at my trip location ending. It is warmer there than here at my home. When does the weather at 10,200' clear up? LOL, I just gave away the blaze, I am bad. Just ignore my ramblings in this post.
Forrest has given a complex chase to us all; I love the scenery and physical challenge; but the mental challenge seems very easy (I am not bragging so don't put me in the death march, please...).
just saying ss

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wwwh/Y's/alien- what kind of camera Dal uses? DeeepThnkr 3 861 08-08-2018, 11:12 PM
Last Post: DeeepThnkr
  What kind of information is on the back. mikemarcum878 2 629 07-06-2018, 10:03 AM
Last Post: mikemarcum878
  What kind of searcher do we have to be. mikemarcum878 0 316 07-03-2018, 11:45 AM
Last Post: mikemarcum878
  Could Fenn have put the treasure in some kind.. Gordon Lightfoot 8 2,971 03-17-2018, 11:06 PM
Last Post: ithinkudo2
  What kind of cool shit..... true north 10 6,213 11-17-2015, 07:08 PM
Last Post: true north
  Sorry, but I am a kind of a Newbie and confused. Windy City 11 8,194 09-23-2015, 02:42 PM
Last Post: Windy City