Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Begin it where warm water shal(l) “T”
03-14-2019, 08:26 AM,
Does this describe rivers like the Firehole?
=====

DON’T RESEARCH...THINK!!!

https://www.allmovie.com/movie/v46056

03-14-2019, 11:40 AM,
RE: Begin it where warm water shal(l) “T”
Out of curiosity, why after 9 years are most searchers still trying to associate WWWH to an actual place with water? Doesn't it seem obvious at this point that Forrest purposely meant that to be just a little abstract? There are countless places in the Rocky's you could force into being WWWH... IMHO he's talking about a rainbow, or something similar to that of train engine steam. Does that sound crazy?
03-14-2019, 12:16 PM,
(03-14-2019, 11:40 AM)treasurehuntress89 Wrote: Out of curiosity, why after 9 years are most searchers still trying to associate WWWH to an actual place with water? Doesn't it seem obvious at this point that Forrest purposely meant that to be just a little abstract? There are countless places in the Rocky's you could force into being WWWH... IMHO he's talking about a rainbow, or something similar to that of train engine steam. Does that sound crazy?
Nop.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk
03-14-2019, 12:59 PM,
(03-14-2019, 12:44 PM)PL289 Wrote: I do enjoy Astree's threads. My take on the whole wwwh is that the waters we are looking for travel in a N-S orientation, and we will find ourselves primarily on the west side, maybe following a stream or rivulet that flows into that larger watercourse. I've never really considered WARM to actually mean temperature, but rather West ARM, kinda like West Yellowstone is a place, but not really part of the actual real Yellowstone NP, if that makes sense.

That said, your starting point from the westerly stream may be considered warm for a few reasons...
If the main N-S watercourse is along where the blaze is located, then that could be considered HOT water (as it were), because of its relation to the blaze. This would make your starting point along the small stream flowing into the main watercourse from the west only "warm water" because taking the trail alongside means your getting closer, or warmer, but also be designated as a West ARM to the blaze wader waiter water river. Everything in the poem is weighted towards blazing a path that ends at the tc spot. There will, however be many special spots along the way. One main reason they may be special is because depending on your poem interpretation, you could very easily take a wrong turn and get yourself especially off course. Welcome to Fenn's world.

I firmly believe that the tc is NOT in YNP. If it were I believe it would've been found by now. I also think that the 200 and 500 numbers thrown around for the past several years have meaning far beyond some proximatey to a location. In fact, I think they could have been hints all along and ff couldn't really have cared less if some searcher was actually that close or not.
Imo the 10200ft and the 200ft has some incompetents to it.
The 10000ft could be the staring point up in elevation 200ft is the end.

03-14-2019, 01:35 PM,
(03-14-2019, 01:08 PM)PL289 Wrote: 10k seems a little high to me....but who knows for sure. I do think ff found this spot while flying thru the Rockies one day back when he used to fly a lot. Most pilots I've spoken to have told me they like to stay AT LEAST a thousand feet over the ground beneath them. So I've always put 10,200 as his flying altitude, and kinda assumed whatever spot he ended up walking to was probably at least 1,000 feet below his cruising level. Call it somewhere 9,200 and below. I know I make a lot of assumptions here, but ya gotta narrow down the search area somehow. That being said, if you were up in the 10k ft stratosphere, you'd have to be damn sure it was an easy location to get to...like right off the main drag. It would also limit the search season to a couple months, rather than half a year or even year round which is what you get down closer to 5kft.
Its much easyer to take a TC down at ,10200ft to put in below 10200ft.

03-14-2019, 02:01 PM,
(03-14-2019, 12:16 PM)mikemarcum03 Wrote:
(03-14-2019, 11:40 AM)treasurehuntress89 Wrote: Out of curiosity, why after 9 years are most searchers still trying to associate WWWH to an actual place with water? Doesn't it seem obvious at this point that Forrest purposely meant that to be just a little abstract? There are countless places in the Rocky's you could force into being WWWH... IMHO he's talking about a rainbow, or something similar to that of train engine steam. Does that sound crazy?
Nop.

Nope it doesn't sound crazy? Or Nope, you don't believe WWWH could simply be Forrest talking about a rainbow?
03-14-2019, 02:19 PM,
(03-14-2019, 02:01 PM)treasurehuntress89 Wrote:
(03-14-2019, 12:16 PM)mikemarcum03 Wrote:
Nop.

Nope it doesn't sound crazy? Or Nope, you don't believe WWWH could simply be Forrest talking about a rainbow?
Well it sure could be a rain- it could be the warm waters and halt could be in the bow in the creek rain within in the bow forredt could telling us what the end lookes like.

03-14-2019, 04:06 PM,
(03-14-2019, 08:26 AM)astree Wrote: .
Does this describe rivers like the Firehole?

Good one. Sure. Also where the Boiling meets the Gardner.

I think a person should be legally allowed to bathe/swim where wwh.

One of those two places has a homestead claimed by a famous guy named Brown in the canyon down. And I think that's as far as one can get without going there to explore.
03-14-2019, 04:29 PM,
(03-14-2019, 01:08 PM)PL289 Wrote: 10k seems a little high to me....but who knows for sure. I do think ff found this spot while flying thru the Rockies one day back when he used to fly a lot. Most pilots I've spoken to have told me they like to stay AT LEAST a thousand feet over the ground beneath them. So I've always put 10,200 as his flying altitude, and kinda assumed whatever spot he ended up walking to was probably at least 1,000 feet below his cruising level. Call it somewhere 9,200 and below. I know I make a lot of assumptions here, but ya gotta narrow down the search area somehow. That being said, if you were up in the 10k ft stratosphere, you'd have to be damn sure it was an easy location to get to...like right off the main drag. It would also limit the search season to a couple months, rather than half a year or even year round which is what you get down closer to 5kft.

Well I like the way you think. But we have the lower altitude range as well. Why you think the upper part is more important than the lower part?
03-14-2019, 05:21 PM,
(03-14-2019, 12:44 PM)PL289 Wrote: I've never really considered WARM to actually mean temperature, but rather West ARM, kinda like West Yellowstone is a place, but not really part of the actual real Yellowstone NP, if that makes sense.

You mean the west fork of the Brazos? I personally think you can rule it out, que so what, so what.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  first clue - Begin it? 5GIRLS 9 806 12-07-2018, 06:37 PM
Last Post: 5GIRLS
  Where to begin it? Hmmm... Gordon Lightfoot 7 1,619 11-13-2018, 08:00 PM
Last Post: Daniel A
  warm water / cool water? forest_gump 1 586 07-27-2018, 07:50 AM
Last Post: Riddlemethat
  Begin your journey/it wwwh mikemarcum878 3 724 07-13-2018, 09:58 AM
Last Post: mikemarcum878
  Begin it WWWH and take it in the canyon down, YesIAmAPyr8 9 1,900 03-08-2018, 11:41 AM
Last Post: YesIAmAPyr8
Question Where does YOUR Warm Water(s) Halt?? Project Why 49 23,968 07-18-2016, 08:08 PM
Last Post: Project Why