Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does Fenn waste words???
03-16-2019, 05:50 PM,
Does Fenn waste words???
So, what's up all of the extra clue/hints he has thrown out since the treasure poem was first published?? Are they really hints and clues, or are they just wasted words? So, what's with the 10,200/5,000 feet? And, what's with the 500/200 feet? So, why even say anything if it doesn't mean anything?? If we can't chew on his words, then what is the point? He takes off two states, then adds in more Rocky Mountains....so, why not just add in the Brooks Range for good measure? I've always wanted to see Alaska.
03-16-2019, 05:58 PM,
Does Fenn waste words???
Then go see Alaska. There’s nothing preventing that.

In my opinion he provides extra content to help get readers to start thinking in the form of allusions. For example, not many will immediately understand while reading TTOTC that the word Donnie, dons, and Donne will link to Brown.

He says to read it over and over and over. Not many will link (correctly or incorrectly) this to overland trails.

And so on...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
03-16-2019, 11:10 PM,
Does Fenn waste words???
Perhaps better examples might be Babe Ruth, yawking, and cadis. But of course there are lots more, like J.C. Penny, etc.

03-17-2019, 08:30 AM,
RE: Does Fenn waste words???
(03-16-2019, 11:10 PM)E.C. Waters Wrote: Perhaps better examples might be Babe Ruth, yawking, and cadis. But of course there are lots more, like J.C. Penny, etc.

J. C. Penny is a really good one! Almost as good as Indulgence. It all makes cents.
These are all just my ideas. I hope no one uses them.
03-17-2019, 09:29 AM,
Does Fenn waste words???
(03-16-2019, 05:58 PM)E.C. Waters Wrote: Then go see Alaska. There’s nothing preventing that.

In my opinion he provides extra content to help get readers to start thinking in the form of allusions. For example, not many will immediately understand while reading TTOTC that the word Donnie, dons, and Donne will link to Brown.

He says to read it over and over and over. Not many will link (correctly or incorrectly) this to overland trails.

And so on...

Oh my! You used the A word. Don’t use that word. Someone might think that skippy was really god.

razyfamily
03-17-2019, 10:47 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-17-2019, 10:50 AM by astree.)
RE: Does Fenn waste words???
I think Forrest was succinct in the poem.

Outside the poem, I dont think much (any?) of what he says is necessary. So, in terms of information to solve the puzzle, not necessary, if thats what you mean. Im not saying it isnt interesting, though. I also think Forrest hides references in the book and his quotes to the treasure information. But that most of that probably wouldnt be useful unless you already knew what he was talking about.

He also seems to do quite a bit of wordplay, which may give insight to his mental machinery. On point with your question about his efficiency...he said

“I am inefficient”

which is a contradictory statement, because both ‘i’ and ‘ff’ are in ‘e ff i c i ent’, making it an efficient statement. This, to me, is classic Forrest. Many will overlook it or chalk it up to coincidence, i guess.
=====

DON’T RESEARCH...THINK!!!

Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?
Where is the knowledge we have lost in information? -T.S. Eliot

https://www.allmovie.com/movie/v46056

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DECODED Words of Forrest Fenn FoolsGold 35 2,748 04-18-2019, 03:50 PM
Last Post: E.C. Waters
Big Grin Forrest Fenn Random Words/Questions Bet 21 7,048 06-28-2018, 05:54 PM
Last Post: DeeepThnkr
  Forrest Fenn, Misspelled Words, and Northern Arizona minotaur_moreno 5 3,340 06-11-2015, 09:50 PM
Last Post: Crazy Horse