Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
point of view
04-02-2019, 11:24 PM,
point of view
f said thinking about things too much we tend to over-complicate them

it has taken me a long time i think to understand what he means

that being said, something occurred to me about the 3 stanzas that lay out the clue path

this is stanzas 2-3-4 imo, and i believe therein lies our descriptions of the 9 clues

imo, the point of view is changed with each new stanza

imo, when line 10 says the end is near, it is talking about what will be, in stanza 4

the point of view from which stanza 4 is being described, is the only place during the description of the clue path that is "near" the treasure

the previous 2 points of view, or observation points, are not near

so what dawned on me is, this is why finding the blaze is described as having already happened

if you've been wise and found the blaze

see, since stanza 4 is a description from where we are near the treasure, it can't say that we are to find the blaze in the present tense, because this has already happened if we are near the treasure

and if we are finding (present tense) the blaze, this means we are not near the treasure
04-03-2019, 01:58 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-03-2019, 02:01 AM by astree.)
RE: point of view
Chris, Im trying to get your pov but dont understand.

In a simple interpretation, forrest is leading us to the treasure. A blaze is used as a marker on the way. Being on the way, with what appears to be two stanzas remaining, why does that mean one is near the chest? I think the strongest support for being near or at the chest, though, is that you are soon thereafter told to “take the chest”, which many are interpreting to mean to pick up Indulgence?

Youve been wise by doing or realizing something and now youve found the blaze (at that point in time, you found it, then instructed to look), the marker on your way, is the way i read it.

I guess you could be saying, Why didnt he write “if youve been wise and now find the blaze” is because of a nuance he is able to squeeze more out of the line by using “founf”.
=====

DON’T RESEARCH...THINK!!!

https://www.allmovie.com/movie/v46056

WP (stock symbol)
04-03-2019, 02:45 AM,
Or, the last clue could be in the last stanza.
04-03-2019, 02:54 AM,
(04-03-2019, 02:45 AM)Beavertooth Wrote: Or, the last clue could be in the last stanza.

Thats pretty much how i see it.
=====

DON’T RESEARCH...THINK!!!

https://www.allmovie.com/movie/v46056

WP (stock symbol)
04-03-2019, 06:28 AM,
point of view
(04-03-2019, 02:54 AM)astree Wrote:
(04-03-2019, 02:45 AM)Beavertooth Wrote: Or, the last clue could be in the last stanza.

The sentences are the 9 clues. You get there through malapropism —> brinsley (middle name) —> brinsley (last name) —> Omer Talon who wrote about sentence structure and rhetoric. Talon = nail = clou. QED.

Furthermore, you have to make more than one pass through the poem because of the brilliant cleverness Forrest invested. Finding the blaze is the easy part. Forrest’s box is not at look quickly down. That reference is a specific woman’s name that connects to hear me all and listen good. Sorry half-mappers. There’s a lot of work to do.

I publish this to let others who are ahead of me know that I’m on it and will be out to try to finish for two weeks starting 12-May. I do think there are others. So you’ll need to hurry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
04-03-2019, 06:34 AM,
point of view
Oh, thank god it’s almost over.

razyfamily
04-03-2019, 06:35 AM,
(04-03-2019, 06:28 AM)E.C. Waters Wrote:

The sentences are the 9 clues. You get there through malapropism —> brinsley (middle name) —> brinsley (last name) —> Omer Talon who wrote about sentence structure and rhetoric. Talon = nail = clou. QED.

Furthermore, you have to make more than one pass through the poem because of the brilliant cleverness Forrest invested. Finding the blaze is the easy part. Forrest’s box is not at look quickly down. That reference is a specific woman’s name that connects to hear me all and listen good. Sorry half-mappers. There’s a lot of work to do.

I publish this to let others who are ahead of me know that I’m on it and will be out to try to finish for two weeks starting 12-May. I do think there are others. So you’ll need to hurry.

How is a redneck going to solve the poem.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk
04-03-2019, 06:37 AM,
point of view
(04-03-2019, 06:35 AM)mikemarcum03 Wrote:

I am as he describes. Almost no college, kids, living in Houston, and I don’t make a ton of money. I’m doing it. Anyone can.

04-03-2019, 06:40 AM,
(04-03-2019, 06:37 AM)E.C. Waters Wrote:
(04-03-2019, 06:35 AM)mikemarcum03 Wrote:

I am as he describes. Almost no college, kids, living in Houston, and I don’t make a ton of money. I’m doing it. Anyone can.

Thanks

04-03-2019, 08:17 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-03-2019, 03:27 PM by fundamental design.)
(04-03-2019, 01:58 AM)astree Wrote: .
Chris, Im trying to get your pov but dont understand.

In a simple interpretation, forrest is leading us to the treasure. A blaze is used as a marker on the way. Being on the way, with what appears to be two stanzas remaining, why does that mean one is near the chest? I think the strongest support for being near or at the chest, though, is that you are soon thereafter told to “take the chest”, which many are interpreting to mean to pick up Indulgence?

I get Chris’ point and I think it’s a good interpretation. I’ve been saying the same point for awhile but described it differently. I’ve said that the finder will have found the blaze prior to getting near the treasure. It’s because of the first stanza that they will get this understanding from, imo.
It’s possible or probable that the blaze is the first thing one will figure out on the clue path...even before clue 1. That’s because it’s the answer to a hint. It’s why I think the searchers that can’t nail down the blaze before they go botg will not find it with that approach. Dal and a Cynthia come to mind who do that. Still good adventure in it.

Astree asks with 2 stanzas remaining (with clues supposedly) why does that mean one (stanza 4) is near the chest? A simple answer is that each clue gets one closer to the treasure. “Near” is a subjective distance but you get the point.

Howdy, Mister.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fenn Treasure Hunters Point of View Blazehunter 17 3,545 10-28-2018, 09:11 PM
Last Post: total1ty
  I tell you a starting point 10350ft elevation ski santa fa mikemarcum878 1 758 06-28-2018, 02:33 PM
Last Post: mikemarcum878
  Is the starting point mentioned twice? filmguy 24 7,216 11-09-2017, 12:06 PM
Last Post: mike marcum
  A different view of things, 5GIRLS 16 5,166 11-05-2017, 11:06 PM
Last Post: 5GIRLS
Photo Will the Aug 21 solar eclipse point the way? Siddhartha 9 5,252 06-25-2017, 05:28 PM
Last Post: RahRah
  A new view of WWWH. Sure to make some mad. chunks 106 38,410 05-27-2017, 10:03 PM
Last Post: Indy