Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
For LurkerMike
04-14-2019, 10:24 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-14-2019, 10:38 AM by fundamental design.)
RE: For LurkerMike
(04-14-2019, 09:38 AM)John Brown Wrote:
(04-14-2019, 09:20 AM)fundamental design Wrote: Love that mdavis finally admitted he had multiple aliases over on CC. Not a big reveal mind you since we already knew.

I try to stay out of all this shite but I didn't know. What aliases did he/does he have?

“Big Jim”, “Marty McFly” and “Grizzled Prospector” that we recall. It’s been a few years so we’d have to check our notes, but pretty positive of it. Funny thing is that those aliases use to feed off of each other by quoting the other in support.

Mdavis likes to now portray, or spin it, that he was just trying to expose the corruption on CC back then by using these aliases. To me, it was just his way to try to destroy CC by spinning everything in a negative light. Even Dal picked up on Mdavis negatively spinning stuff on their panel discussion on their recent Flip Side Video.

Edited to include one forgotten alias and to remove a view that we need to check our notes on before commenting.

Howdy, Mister.
04-14-2019, 11:23 AM,
Wow! Had no idea MDavis was running all these profiles. Makes me wonder if Lurker Mike is Mdavis.
04-14-2019, 11:35 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-14-2019, 02:13 PM by crazyfamily.)
For LurkerMike
(04-14-2019, 09:38 AM)John Brown Wrote:
(04-14-2019, 09:20 AM)fundamental design Wrote: Love that mdavis finally admitted he had multiple aliases over on CC. Not a big reveal mind you since we already knew.

I try to stay out of all this shite but I didn't know. What aliases did he/does he have?

Just take a look at that thread. I responded to him as one of his aliases, Dr Avis, that he hadn't even admitted to. He replies back as though it's common knowledge.

razyfamily

(04-14-2019, 10:42 AM)NTMI Wrote:
(04-14-2019, 09:58 AM)Mindy Wrote:
(04-13-2019, 09:27 PM)wildfuntear Wrote: Mindy, don't you think it might be more profitable to solve the poem, rather than defending or addressing
regarding any perceived friction related to other folks who post here or on other forums related to the
chase?

Here's something about the treasure hunt: When I see certain words and numbers posted, they
appear to me as deliberate small hints/teases, while not being part of the poem. They include the number 8 and the words concrete, architect, hunch, ladder, and grasshopper; I think many grasshoppers were seen during a search hike near the creek mentioned in the poem.

I believe I have solved the poem. The solve is 0. There is no treasure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My solve is pretty similar to yours, Mindy, and someday everybody that's ever gone ripping in the mountains north of Santa Fe searching for Fenn's treasure will be asking themselves "well, what took him so long?"

My biggest takeaway from this whole "adventure" will be that I will understand what his point was. I don't think I'll ever understand why though...

EDIT maybe I should say I'm hoping my biggest takeaway...

NTMI, I've said that exact same thing...what took me so long. That's not something that anyone would say when opening a treasure chest full of gold and jewels. That's what you say when you finally accept something that has been hitting you over the head for 6 years.

I think one of the most telling aspects of this theory is that JD Salinger insinuated that he should write his memoir, and Forrest was going to finish or rewrite Catcher in the Rye. Forrest flirts with blurring the lines between reality and fiction when he describes how much his life is like Holden Caufield's. "He even had a sister like mine, the guy in the story I mean, not JD." A verisimilitude is a first person narrative that can be presented as a false document. Is a memoir not a document?

It's not that the treasure is a hoax, it's just fiction. I find it entirely plausible that Forrest has written a historical fiction about his life, and the treasure is just part of the fiction. Anyone can do it, and he's even suggested that everyone write their memoir and send it to the library of congress.

razyfamily
04-14-2019, 03:09 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-14-2019, 03:13 PM by John Brown.)
(04-14-2019, 11:23 AM)Seeker9 Wrote: Wow! Had no idea MDavis was running all these profiles. Makes me wonder if Lurker Mike is Mdavis.

I don't think so. I mean Lurker Mike doesn't believe in science. MDavis has some sort of technical background. That being said, they are both mystics so I suppose almost anything is possible.

(04-14-2019, 10:24 AM)fundamental design Wrote: “Big Jim”, “Marty McFly” and “Grizzled Prospector” that we recall. It’s been a few years so we’d have to check our notes, but pretty positive of it. Funny thing is that those aliases use to feed off of each other by quoting the other in support.

I don't remember BJ and GP. I do remember MM. So you're saying that MM was some sort of fictitious character? Cause I loved that guy. He's the one what said the gubmint brought Hitler back to the US but that Forrest and Skippy killed him. I'm not sure I can disappoint my wife by telling her the guy probably didn't really believe that. On the other hand, he might well believe it. In any event I think I'll keep it to myself. There's really no need to upset my wife. She thinks all of are insane anyway and I don't think the Hitler thing will change her opinion a hair's breadth.
04-14-2019, 05:44 PM,
(04-14-2019, 03:09 PM)John Brown Wrote:
(04-14-2019, 11:23 AM)Seeker9 Wrote: Wow! Had no idea MDavis was running all these profiles. Makes me wonder if Lurker Mike is Mdavis.

I don't think so. I mean Lurker Mike doesn't believe in science. MDavis has some sort of technical background. That being said, they are both mystics so I suppose almost anything is possible.

(04-14-2019, 10:24 AM)fundamental design Wrote: “Big Jim”, “Marty McFly” and “Grizzled Prospector” that we recall. It’s been a few years so we’d have to check our notes, but pretty positive of it. Funny thing is that those aliases use to feed off of each other by quoting the other in support.

I don't remember BJ and GP. I do remember MM. So you're saying that MM was some sort of fictitious character? Cause I loved that guy. He's the one what said the gubmint brought Hitler back to the US but that Forrest and Skippy killed him. I'm not sure I can disappoint my wife by telling her the guy probably didn't really believe that. On the other hand, he might well believe it. In any event I think I'll keep it to myself. There's really no need to upset my wife. She thinks all of are insane anyway and I don't think the Hitler thing will change her opinion a hair's breadth.
If you were running a fake pro you obviously would act diffrently than your normal persona. I remember the Big Jim pro and knew that was a fake. I mean he started every post with, "Big Jim here". When Top Secret gave Hairys the silent shun, it shut those guys up for good. They really couldnt say much after that or they'd look like jilted ex's. Maybe they used a patsy account like Lurker Mike to re-stir the pot. They were probably bored.
04-14-2019, 06:00 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-14-2019, 06:21 PM by fundamental design.)
(04-14-2019, 03:34 PM)NTMI Wrote: Verisimilitude - now there's a $100 dollar word if I ever saw one!
Say it? I can't even pronounce it! Besides, I've made a new rule to live by. If it's not in an official Scrabble Dictionary, then I probably don't need to be reading it. I'll stick to the safe 7-letter words (max), like "redneck". Or "cravate". That's a high tackle in rugby, you're welcome.

It will all make for an interesting story someday. I just hope nobody else is harmed in the telling of it.

I’m sure Mindy would enjoy playing scrabble with you. She has some app that she plays friends with.

(04-14-2019, 03:09 PM)John Brown Wrote:

Yes, MM was a fictitious character trying to do mdavis’ dirty work. Just read this post by MM and the reply by BJ (the same Mdavis). Obvious that they’re both Mdavis (the same obsession with Mindy)...I mean, mdavis says the these same things often...

RE: Open Letter to Admin
(10-20-2016, 04:17 am)Marty McFly Wrote:
Admin, I was going to send you these questions in a PM, but decided the other forum users would probably be interested in your answers.

In the Unban Romeo or Ban Mindy thread you say the following: "There are a few others that might want to get back to talking about the chase rather then promoting a new site or attacking Mindy....like Marty and slim."

I have some questions for you about this statement.

1. I am advocating that we get back to discussing Mr. Fenn's chase by recommending everyone ignore Mindy's BS, which regularly consumes this forum in pointless, off-topic arguing. Why is that a problem?

2. Mindy must have made 50 non chase-ralated posts last night. I made about 5. Why am I being singled out?

3. How is ignoring Mindy an attack on her? Seems as if we are damned if we do, or damned if we don't around here when it comes to Mindy. You keep banning people who engage her. I am advocating that people don't engage her, but you seem to have a problem with that too. Why is that?

4. You say people should stop promoting other sites. Mindy does that in every single one of her posts. Why is it only a problem when others do it?

I await your answers with interest.

Big Jim said:

Ha! Good luck with that, McFly. Mindy is the third rail of ChaseChat. Touch her and you're dead. She enjoys a special, protected status around here. Stephanie is totally blind to all of Mindy's faults, but hyper-sensitive to anything anyone else might say that could be construed as an attack on her. Stephanie might as well rename this place MindyChat already and be done with it.

Howdy, Mister.
04-14-2019, 07:42 PM,
(04-13-2019, 09:27 PM)wildfuntear Wrote: Mindy, don't you think it might be more profitable to solve the poem, rather than defending or addressing
regarding any perceived friction related to other folks who post here or on other forums related to the
chase?

Here's something about the treasure hunt: When I see certain words and numbers posted, they
appear to me as deliberate small hints/teases, while not being part of the poem. They include the number 8 and the words concrete, architect, hunch, ladder, and grasshopper; I think many grasshoppers were seen during a search hike near the creek mentioned in the poem.

You are soon to be proven incorrect. Just a gut feeling.
04-14-2019, 08:06 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-14-2019, 08:16 PM by wildfuntear.)
(04-14-2019, 12:10 AM)easternOHsteve Wrote: @wildfuntear
Kung fu comes to mind! Grasshopper!

8 is a number and it refers to BLM

what are modern (1930s and later) benchmarks set in?

hunch as a noun
1. Intuitive cognition:
feeling, idea, impression, intuition, suspicion.
2. An irregularly shaped mass of indefinite size:
chunk, clod, clump, gob, lump, nugget, wad.
Informal: hunk.
https://www.thefreedictionary.com/hunch

can't do the ladder, sorry (it's too specific)

I guess we should take "can't" as meaning "don't want to".
That's okay; The ladder thing, not being in the poem, isn't necessary
for solving it (but may be a bit confirmatory).

chase?

I'll take this as your main reason for (presumably, that is) no longer trying to solve the poem. Personally, in addition to the natural beauty of the Rockies, I believe that the bronze chest of gold, jewels, etc. is really there and waiting for a determined and clever finder. That's
what keeps me on this hunt, as it is, for me, quite expensive in terms
of time and money. I can't even afford to go to the function at the
junction this year, although I'd like to. Best wishes to you, and thank you for your work as a moderator.
04-15-2019, 04:36 AM,
@wildfuntear
In this case can't = won't.
The chase is certainly a financial cost for myself; thank goodness I am the only person to please or displease. I have a friend that needs my income to survive but I am in control of whether or not I will go on a trip. I can understand your situation; I usually drive from here (eastern Ohio) to my area in 25 hours and 100 gallons of fuel. I am not sure your home location but any vacation has to be planned and within our means. If you have not gotten bored at this point think 'What evil lurks in man's minds? Only the Shadow Knows!' Think area, think pulp fiction, research, I remember the radio programs in the 50's. imo...
It is a very beautiful setting along the trip; for myself, it is a perfect vacation.
just saying ss
04-15-2019, 06:50 AM,
Don’t know how the geniuses over on Harry’s think someone over here started the latest round of back and forth. I just assume everyone is aware that LurkerMike started it by asking about it. At least that’s all I’ve seen.

For dum dum Mdavis- You may want to update your dum dum observation that the creator is dead in the other hunt that Mindy and I enjoy trying to solve. You sure are negative, what gives?

Howdy, Mister.