Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Word Searches
04-15-2019, 05:58 AM,
Word Searches
"Put in below the home of Brown" Put-in...

Vladimir Putin did it!

Sorry guys, I know a few or more of you are looking for words and there seems to be some common ground, talk about space portals and all, and I'm not really knocking anyone for it. In fact, I wish I knew WTH you were all talking about, but my motivation is very low since I could probably find my own last name in there, and it's not a common one at all. I hope there are at least some strict guidelines for this. I did notice someone mention every fifth letter, so maybe...

Anyways, just having fun. Very best wishes in The Chase!
04-15-2019, 07:30 PM,
RE: Word Searches
It could be "Putin below the home of Brown." So you move the name "Putin" below "the home of". The home of Putin is St. Petersburg. There is a St. Petersburg in Florida. That gives you "St. Petersburg Brown". There's a famous guy there that wrote about the sunshine promise and he was a poet. Llewellyn Brown or something. Anyway, it's ten letters and double-double L's, which some think is part of the chase.

It gets better because Brown's home is in Madison, Arkansas, which are two important rivers in the West.

Not saying any of it is correct. Just expanding on your theme. I wrote about this a year or two ago on this forum, I believe.

Lots of stuff to make you ask "What are the odds?"
04-15-2019, 08:06 PM,
(04-15-2019, 07:30 PM)Chmaanta Wrote: It could be "Putin below the home of Brown." So you move the name "Putin" below "the home of". The home of Putin is St. Petersburg. There is a St. Petersburg in Florida. That gives you "St. Petersburg Brown". There's a famous guy there that wrote about the sunshine promise and he was a poet. Llewellyn Brown or something. Anyway, it's ten letters and double-double L's, which some think is part of the chase.

It gets better because Brown's home is in Madison, Arkansas, which are two important rivers in the West.

Not saying any of it is correct. Just expanding on your theme. I wrote about this a year or two ago on this forum, I believe.

The odds of being able to string a random bunch of stuff together that way is near unity.
04-15-2019, 09:24 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-16-2019, 01:31 AM by Chris Yates.)
(04-15-2019, 07:29 PM)legacyhelper Wrote: My dictionary doesn't show "meall" as a word.

how about meatball
04-16-2019, 01:06 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-16-2019, 01:09 PM by Umbra.)
(04-15-2019, 07:30 PM)Chmaanta Wrote: It could be "Putin below the home of Brown." So you move the name "Putin" below "the home of". The home of Putin is St. Petersburg. There is a St. Petersburg in Florida. That gives you "St. Petersburg Brown". There's a famous guy there that wrote about the sunshine promise and he was a poet. Llewellyn Brown or something. Anyway, it's ten letters and double-double L's, which some think is part of the chase.

Wow! You're serious, aren't you? That's actually pretty cool and fun too! Honestly, I never even thought of that. I figured Putin was just funny with all the news lately.

I've followed a few methods myself, but I don't really think this way, so I'd probably get lost real quick anyway without having help and doing it a few times to help my mind adapt to this type of thinking. Thanks for the starting tip though.

There are a lot of astonishing coincidences, or otherwise, related to things that crop up during research. For instance, the head of the Air Force F served under was named Brown too, and the general who discharged him served directly under that Brown.

(04-15-2019, 07:29 PM)legacyhelper Wrote: My dictionary doesn't show "meall" as a word.

Huh?

(04-15-2019, 09:24 PM)Chris Yates Wrote:

how about meatball

Again, huh?

(04-15-2019, 08:06 PM)John Brown Wrote:

The odds of being able to string a random bunch of stuff together that way is near unity.

Unity? I understand infinite but not unity.
04-16-2019, 04:21 PM,
(04-16-2019, 01:06 PM)Umbra Wrote:

Wow! You're serious, aren't you? That's actually pretty cool and fun too! Honestly, I never even thought of that. I figured Putin was just funny with all the news lately.

I've followed a few methods myself, but I don't really think this way, so I'd probably get lost real quick anyway without having help and doing it a few times to help my mind adapt to this type of thinking. Thanks for the starting tip though.

There are a lot of astonishing coincidences, or otherwise, related to things that crop up during research. For instance, the head of the Air Force F served under was named Brown too, and the general who discharged him served directly under that Brown.

Huh?

(04-15-2019, 09:24 PM)Chris Yates Wrote:

how about meatball

Again, huh?

(04-15-2019, 08:06 PM)John Brown Wrote:

Unity? I understand infinite but not unity.

Probability one is what I mean by odds of unity. Can't have larger probability. I guess I use odds incorrectly on occasion. In any event there is nothing improbable about stringing a bunch of random crap together. Just look at all the failed solutions to this hunt. Stringing a bunch of junk together and then declaring that the probability of its being due to chance is near zero is standard operating procedure.
04-16-2019, 04:49 PM,
(04-16-2019, 04:21 PM)John Brown Wrote: Probability one is what I mean by odds of unity. Can't have larger probability. I guess I use odds incorrectly on occasion. In any event there is nothing improbable about stringing a bunch of random crap together. Just look at all the failed solutions to this hunt. Stringing a bunch of junk together and then declaring that the probability of its being due to chance is near zero is standard operating procedure.

Oh, so like the odds are 1 in 1. Got ya!

Yeah, I tend to agree, but you never know for sure, I guess. That's why I've posted some crazy stuff even recently where it seems like I'm harshly ridiculing people for these types of methods, but I'm not. On the other hand I do think it's very easy to go off the rails on a wild goose chase. I think there is a scale of reasoning or methods that ranges from plausible to completely insane, or just plain stupid, mine included. I mean I think the first thing my mind told me as a solution after waking up from a nap was that it was in a septic tank. lol

Thankfully, I've gone from that through much more complicated solves, some involving a lot of research, Shakespear, the Crypto sculpture at CIA in Langley, etc.. and finally to something else that just came to me and that I can't find a single flaw with so far, which is just mating the poem to a place on a map, sort of. It's a combination of that and being familiar with the area.

SOP's for the win! lol

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Exciting searches for this season? OjoDude 0 651 08-12-2017, 08:22 AM
Last Post: OjoDude
  There is ZERO confidence in our searches Larsonist 89 36,735 02-14-2016, 08:37 PM
Last Post: superfly
  Grid Pattern Searches.... Searching for Wolfie glock20 2 2,071 09-05-2015, 11:13 AM
Last Post: glock20