Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Google is not your friend
04-15-2019, 09:04 AM,
Salviatus: "A" and "B" are unrelated.

Simplicious: Hah! That's what you think! I just spent an hour on google and found this incredibly obscure fact that connects them!!! I'm gonna be rich! I'm gonna be famous!

Salviatus: I don't think it works that way.
04-15-2019, 09:19 AM,
[Image: 8e253bfe6a30defd65a5d9a01ece04da.jpg]

I walked into this office and greeted the employee standing behind the counter. I was nearly interrupted by one of these Alexa machines that started talking to me. I was like, “excuse me, I wasn’t talking to you,” and the guy had to tell it to calm down. I don’t know about you guys, but I find this all pretty annoying.

razyfamily
04-15-2019, 08:17 PM,
RE: Google is not your friend
(04-15-2019, 07:36 PM)legacyhelper Wrote: If google provides/provided google earth, I see it as a friendly act/gesture/thing.

Although some google searching is sometimes a frustrating experience (since excluding something is
virtually impossible), generally I have found it helpful.

Broadly speaking, I consider google to be at least a helpful tool (if not a "friend").

I don't find google searches frustrating. For the search they are simply pointless unless you're simply doing google searches in lieu of reading a map. You need dictionaries/thesauruses/etymologies and maps. Searching for obscure subjects and then drawing dubious links is not going to get anyone to the chest. It is very easy to do. A tried and true recipe for failure.
04-16-2019, 05:09 PM,
Google ruined the web. The only obscure things it seems to be able to find are obscure Chinese manufacturers of knockoff items, like Puma sneakers. I miss my old search engine that could find a needle in a hay stack... and probably some alien life form who lost it too.
04-16-2019, 10:22 PM,
Only thing Google can find is an ad unrelated to anything I ask it to search for.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
04-17-2019, 07:58 AM,
Really? The same argument holds for any search engine or encyclopedia or whatever. Taking sequences of unrelated items and stringing them together with bits of arcana you found wherever is a tried and true recipe for failure.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sandwich/Flashlight/Teeth/Friend/Car running Riddlemethat 4 572 03-27-2019, 09:07 AM
Last Post: Beavertooth
  What happened to our German Friend, Schatzjäger TheBearStoleMyPicnic 1 1,432 05-19-2016, 03:03 PM
Last Post: deb
  my friend the calculator Chris Yates 1 1,918 11-17-2015, 02:09 AM
Last Post: Chris Yates
  Message from a close friend of FF mafirst 50 15,331 03-25-2014, 05:38 PM
Last Post: mafirst
  Frosty my friend Chris Yates 18 5,535 12-12-2013, 07:48 PM
Last Post: Luckydog