Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Be careful out there.
05-26-2019, 04:17 PM,
RE: Be careful out there.
(05-26-2019, 04:11 PM)Seeker9 Wrote: You got that right, brubr. I've been researching more thru hikes, and I really want to attempt one sometime in the next few years. Less than five hundred ppl have completed the "triple crown of hiking". Thats the AT, CDT, and PCT. So much to do, so little time! And of course still have time to find the chest Smile

In the meantime, there are shorter ones to try and see how you like them. Resupply is a large part of it, I think.
05-26-2019, 04:57 PM,
(05-26-2019, 04:11 PM)Seeker9 Wrote: You got that right, brubr. I've been researching more thru hikes, and I really want to attempt one sometime in the next few years. Less than five hundred ppl have completed the "triple crown of hiking". Thats the AT, CDT, and PCT. So much to do, so little time! And of course still have time to find the chest Smile

Some have argued that the Continental Divide Trail is very near the chest. Maybe it is one of the map lines that cross to form an "X", or an "asterisk". You never know....
05-27-2019, 05:17 AM,
@Beavertooth
I don't think you should rule out the CD, esp. concerning the blaze. The crossing has to do with 109 and a 4000' glide into the nearest...
But you still must use the path to the TC and have quite a few things to do when you stop at the end. IMO
@Seeker9
I have been on site for 27 days and did about 20 different areas that are all the same 6 miles apart. But I had to park the vehicle and walk (hobbled) back there to each area that was at least 6 miles to it. The hardest struggle was a 2000' plus elevation change in about 6 miles along a small rocky creek. I have MS; I should get the 20 crown, lol... But no, I know some people have hiked and hiked and...
just saying ss
05-27-2019, 03:38 PM,
For sure Beavertooth. Lots of posts across the blogs concerning the CD.

EasternOhsteve, I'm envious that you have been on site for 27 days! What an adventure! Good luck and stay safe out there!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Be careful out there John Brown 1 695 08-05-2018, 06:50 PM
Last Post: Daniel A
  Please be careful out there everyoñe! Fainmatte 2 1,801 10-13-2015, 09:09 PM
Last Post: will197532