Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Michele Obama is right. America needs to mandate healthy food.
04-30-2019, 11:24 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-30-2019, 11:56 PM by crazyfamily.)
https://letsmove.obamawhitehouse.archives.gov

Mrs. Obama was right, she just didn’t take it far enough. Mandating healthy food in school just isn’t enough. We need healthy life styles AND healthy food in the home too.

From the CDC website:

Quote:Consequences of Obesity

Obesity during childhood can have a harmful effect on the body in a variety of ways. Children who have obesity are more likely to have:

High blood pressure and high cholesterol, which are risk factors for cardiovascular disease (CVD).

Increased risk of impaired glucose tolerance, insulin resistance, and type 2 diabetes.

Breathing problems, such as asthma and sleep apnea.

Joint problems and musculoskeletal discomfort.

Fatty liver disease, gallstones, and gastro-esophageal reflux (i.e., heartburn).

Childhood obesity is also related to:

Psychological problems such as anxiety and depression.

Low self-esteem and lower self-reported quality of life.

Social problems such as bullying and stigma.

Future Health Risks

Children who have obesity are more likely to become adults with obesity.

Adult obesity is associated with increased risk of a number of serious health conditions including heart disease, type 2 diabetes, and cancer.

If children have obesity, their obesity and disease risk factors in adulthood are likely to be more severe.

Also from the CDC:
Quote:For children and adolescents aged 2-19 years:

The prevalence of obesity was 18.5% and affected about 13.7 million children and adolescents.

Obesity prevalence was 13.9% among 2- to 5-year-olds, 18.4% among 6- to 11-year-olds, and 20.6% among 12- to 19-year-olds.

Childhood obesity is also more common among certain populations.

Hispanics (25.8%) and non-Hispanic blacks (22.0%) had higher obesity prevalence than non-Hispanic whites (14.1%).

Non-Hispanic Asians (11.0%) had lower obesity prevalence than non-Hispanic blacks and Hispanics.

13.7 million obese children and adolescents! If that isn’t an epidemic, I can’t imagine what is.

Clearly, childhood obesity is an epidemic and it’s long past time to outlaw unhealthy foods, and mandate healthy diets for all children.

What I hear people saying is that, like failing to vaccinate, parents who neglect their children’s health and diet are committing child abuse.

Everyone, say good riddance to McDonalds and other bad food. Let’s get healthy, let’s enact legislation to bring healthy diets to American homes and end childhood obesity!
razyfamily
05-01-2019, 08:47 AM,
RE: Michele Obama is right. America needs to mandate healthy food.
So how would you accomplish this goal? Put children into government run residential schools? 'Re-educate' nonconforming adults? Shut down restaurants and require people to eat at government-run dining halls?
05-01-2019, 09:44 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-01-2019, 09:45 AM by crazyfamily.)
(05-01-2019, 08:47 AM)old drum Wrote: So how would you accomplish this goal? Put children into government run residential schools? 'Re-educate' nonconforming adults? Shut down restaurants and require people to eat at government-run dining halls?

Yeah, all of those are excellent ideas. Children can get the appropriate diet from private sources, but if they are falling below the standard then they may be forced into an assisted living situation in child protective services while parents reconsider what they’ve done.

Let’s be honest about this, 13.7 million obese children and adolescents is an epidemic that must be addressed.

From the CDC:

Quote:Obesity is common, serious, and costly

The prevalence of obesity was 39.8% and affected about 93.3 million of US adults in 2015~2016.

Obesity-related conditions include heart disease, stroke, type 2 diabetes and certain types of cancer that are some of the leading causes of preventable, premature death.

The estimated annual medical cost of obesity in the United States was $147 billion in 2008 US dollars; the medical cost for people who have obesity was $1,429 higher than those of normal weight.

If 700 cases of measles is enough to force every American to get immunizations directed by government bureaucrats, then we owe it to ourselves and America to get healthy and lose the fat.

Obesity can lead to some types of cancer, so if we care so much about mandating the HPV vaccinations, then we need to mandate a national BMI for all, and perhaps we can eradicate some types of cancer through healthy lifestyles.

Children who are obese will not be permitted to attend public school and parents whose kids do not pass the state standardized education tests required by law will be charged accordingly. Laws vary by state.

Additionally, parents and their children who are obese should be denied health insurance, and, in extreme cases, they should be denied health care because of the liability to health professionals who are charged with treating patients who do not care for themselves. The CDC says that “medical costs are $1429 higher for obese patients than those of normal weight.” Obese patients should be told to go home and lose some weight and come back when you care about your health and your future.

The children are the future of America and if we can’t force everyone to be healthy, then America will fail. Most importantly is the legal responsibility of parents to keep their kids healthy.

razyfamily
05-01-2019, 10:01 AM,
I think a lot of people are treated for pain caused by being over weight. I personally was diagnosed with Poly Myalgia and Sciatica for back and hip pain I've learned I only get when I push the scales over 133.
05-01-2019, 12:11 PM,
Many pay dearly for the freedom we have...personally, I'd fight for the right of a starving obese homeless person to be able to eat an illegal Big Mac....or a communist carrot .....would you?
05-01-2019, 04:59 PM,
So CF, you believe that the latest ideas of the intellectuals in charge of your ideal state should be able to take whatever action they deem reasonable to eliminate the 'vices' they oppose? Including eliminating those who refuse to be reeducated?
05-02-2019, 12:09 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-02-2019, 12:10 AM by crazyfamily.)
No, of course not, but I think it’s coming. Conservatives are looking to overturn Roe, Liberals and Trump are now calling for vaccinations(probably a stunt), Muslim will be the first faith outlawed in America, Trump is challenging 1st and 14th Amendment protections. At least Michele Obama wanted to do something positive. Tell me, what do you see?

razyfamily
05-02-2019, 09:01 AM,
C.S. Lewis: “Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.”
05-02-2019, 09:11 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-02-2019, 09:14 AM by crazyfamily.)
I think it’s all the same. Tyranny under the guise of democracy, is tyranny not democracy. I thought people in America had some kinda backbone, what ever happened to dying for freedom, whatever happened to freedom.

razyfamily

As long as taxes are low and dumb people have the right to stay dumb, who cares if others rights are trampled. Wow, that’s something to be proud of.

razyfamily
05-02-2019, 09:25 AM,
Unfortunately, the major parties (with a few exceptions) do not stand for personal freedom or even Constitutional government. And they make it very difficult for anyone who does to get on the ballot.