Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blind hints
05-01-2019, 01:52 PM,
Blind hints
With all these hints at being blind (20/200 is legally blind), is someone really that close and just not a good searcher or is Forrest pulling our legs?
05-01-2019, 02:26 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-01-2019, 02:26 PM by muset.)
RE: Blind hints
(05-01-2019, 01:52 PM)TheRedFox211890 Wrote: With all these hints at being blind (20/200 is legally blind), is someone really that close and just not a good searcher or is Forrest pulling our legs?

I don't think there are any hints given in any of the "Forrest Gets Mail" archives.

The letter is probably real, but the author tries to get an extra hint by using his blindness as a crutch. The post is an example of how desperate are some cheaters.

If a blind guy can convince his handlers to take him into the Rocky Mountains (totally not likely), then I think that guy can ask those same people to describe the pictures in the book for him and not need to ask Forrest for a hint.
05-01-2019, 02:30 PM,
(05-01-2019, 02:26 PM)muset Wrote:
(05-01-2019, 01:52 PM)TheRedFox211890 Wrote: With all these hints at being blind (20/200 is legally blind), is someone really that close and just not a good searcher or is Forrest pulling our legs?

I don't think there are any hints given in any of the "Forrest Gets Mail" archives.

The letter is probably real, but the author tries to get an extra hint by using his blindness as a crutch. The post is an example of how desperate are some cheaters.

If a blind guy can convince his handlers to take him into the Rocky Mountains (totally not likely), then I think that guy can ask those same people to describe the pictures in the book for him and not need to ask Forrest for a hint.

Interesting. I hope that’s the case. I booked my flights for the summer already and would hope it’s still around by then.
05-01-2019, 02:35 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-01-2019, 02:37 PM by Beavertooth.)
He may not mean that a searcher is close. He may mean that searchers in general are:

2. lacking perception, awareness, or discernment.
"she was blind to the realities of her position"
synonyms: imperceptive, unperceptive, slow, obtuse, stupid, uncomprehending, unimaginative, insensitive, thick-skinned, bovine, stolid, unintelligent; informal dense, dim, dimwitted, thick, slow on the uptake, dumb, dopey, not with it;
informal dozy;
informal glaikit;
informal dumb-ass, chowderheaded;
informal dof
"I'm an uneducated person, but I'm not blind"
unmindful of, mindless of, careless of, heedless of, oblivious to, insensible to, unconcerned about/by, inattentive to, indifferent to;
rare insensitive of, negligent of
"you should be blind to failure at your age"
uncritical, unreasoned, unthinking, unconsidered, mindless, injudicious, undiscerning, indiscriminate;
airy, insouciant;
credulous, naive
"a blind acceptance of conventional opinions"

On a brighter note, he could mean:

adverb: blind

1. without being able to see clearly.
"he was the first pilot in history to fly blind"

without having all the relevant information; unprepared.
"he was going into the interview blind"
05-02-2019, 11:38 AM,
@TheRedFox211890
The emails do have hints in my trip anyway; they even place the spot almost exactly.
@Beavertooth
Pushed for time and lack of funds; hindsight is a bi*ch... The gate is now known but it is locked. I know it is cryptic but I was too pushed for time because of granddaughter's schedule. Of course we all think we might be near after emailing Forrest; another trip and this time no one else is involved with time at the site. I can stay three or four weeks this trip; my gut is not wavering this time.
just saying ss
05-02-2019, 11:00 PM,
(05-02-2019, 11:38 AM)easternOHsteve Wrote: @Beavertooth
Pushed for time and lack of funds; hindsight is a bi*ch... The gate is now known but it is locked. I know it is cryptic but I was too pushed for time because of granddaughter's schedule. Of course we all think we might be near after emailing Forrest; another trip and this time no one else is involved with time at the site. I can stay three or four weeks this trip; my gut is not wavering this time.

Good luck!
05-03-2019, 10:48 PM,
u talking bout trump derangement syndrome. The never ending....
persecution of a New York businessman who lucked(or not) into being the President of the entire US of A.

As far as the search, only those that have physically gone, can testify to the difficulty
I have a general search, and some of the clues I've uncovered are difficult, which leaves me to wonder about the clues i've not recognized. Kinda, I'm wondering on what I don't know. especially near the end, where there may be a twist, or mirror, or backwards bike?
05-04-2019, 12:29 AM,
@wildfuntear
I usually don't get into politics; I am conservative in most views and do like Trump (there I said it.). It is a movie, IMO. The players are projecting so vocally; they must be acting to get a lighter sentence or jail time instead of the final solution... Mainstream media will be shown to not be our friend and will then be forced to report the truth; or they will not exist. Get your popcorn and trust what is happening; when the OIG, FISA declass, Comey Report and truth are revealed, you will see the PLAN... Just my opinion and the final result won't be for everyone... Now back to reality of he chase.
@emmett
BOTG is difficult; I have to use a staff in the woods as I have MS. I am sure that Forrest has given all the hints needed to get to the spot. After I returned home to eastern Ohio, Fenn gave three or four hints that eliminated all the quarters, down to one... It was previously mentioned in his public presentations; I just missed them until another re-read of everything available... Re-read again with the poem in front of you every time you look at an item (like an interview, scrapbook, weekly emails, words, etc...) and them re-read the poem... I think I remember Forrest saying something like this.
I have emailed Forrest with my solution last summer (around September); it just feels like the spot is exact. I may be under the influence right now; lol, I need another BOTG (I have had four so far consisting of four weeks, many miles driving and 72 miles BOTG). You are correct emmett; it is difficult... Thank God I still have physical abilities enough to motivate.
Thank Forrest for this chase; it is so beautiful out in the Rockies. Thank Stephanie for this board.
I know I will not have this opportunity much longer but the memories will remain the rest of my existence... Thank you guys for the chat; I have had a lot of laughs.
just saying ss
05-04-2019, 01:20 AM,
(05-04-2019, 12:29 AM)easternOHsteve Wrote: @wildfuntear
I usually don't get into politics; I am conservative in most views and do like Trump (there I said it.). It is a movie, IMO. The players are projecting so vocally; they must be acting to get a lighter sentence or jail time instead of the final solution... Mainstream media will be shown to not be our friend and will then be forced to report the truth; or they will not exist. Get your popcorn and trust what is happening; when the OIG, FISA declass, Comey Report and truth are revealed, you will see the PLAN... Just my opinion and the final result won't be for everyone... Now back to reality of he chase.
@emmett
BOTG is difficult; I have to use a staff in the woods as I have MS. I am sure that Forrest has given all the hints needed to get to the spot. After I returned home to eastern Ohio, Fenn gave three or four hints that eliminated all the quarters, down to one... It was previously mentioned in his public presentations; I just missed them until another re-read of everything available... Re-read again with the poem in front of you every time you look at an item (like an interview, scrapbook, weekly emails, words, etc...) and them re-read the poem... I think I remember Forrest saying something like this.
I have emailed Forrest with my solution last summer (around September); it just feels like the spot is exact. I may be under the influence right now; lol, I need another BOTG (I have had four so far consisting of four weeks, many miles driving and 72 miles BOTG). You are correct emmett; it is difficult... Thank God I still have physical abilities enough to motivate.
Thank Forrest for this chase; it is so beautiful out in the Rockies. Thank Stephanie for this board.
I know I will not have this opportunity much longer but the memories will remain the rest of my existence... Thank you guys for the chat; I have had a lot of laughs.

I think I might have the final drawing necessary to solve this puzzle but I am unable to put the pieces together. If you pm me your email I’ll send it to you, no charge. It may be a rabbit hole, but I feel pretty confident it is not. Forrest would like someone like you to find it. I don’t need to find it anymore. I’m content. For the rest of you, Forrest’s last picture he posted in his last questions. What do you see, Keep it simple, I see two things. Which led me to this drawing.
05-04-2019, 01:38 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-04-2019, 02:01 AM by easternOHsteve.)
@Riddlemethat
Just hit my email button; I'll answer with my solution at the ending spot.

@Riddlemethat
It won't allow me to private you; your box must be full... I don't want to post the phone...
just saying ss

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Blind man's buff AccountAtAGlance 0 590 01-20-2018, 11:47 PM
Last Post: AccountAtAGlance
  I've gone blind Beavertooth 2 1,959 08-29-2016, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Beavertooth
  The Book contains so many hints & clues, its ridiculous OR Are Forrests hints common to every place hes been ? SantaFe 23 12,970 03-06-2014, 12:29 AM
Last Post: deb