Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If followed precisely
06-26-2013, 06:32 AM,
If followed precisely
You didn't find the chest? Well obviously, you didn't follow HOB precisely, or you didn't follow WWH precisely. Does that make sense? "Exactly how, do you follow a few meaningless words precisely"? You can't, IMHO, the words in the poem lead no where. There has to be a set numbers, that can be gotten from the words in the poem, such as longitude and latitude, or azimuth and range, or X,Y coordinates. just a thought.
06-26-2013, 07:15 AM,
If followed precisely
Makes sense!
06-26-2013, 09:09 AM,
If followed precisely
Hi Stephanie, I'm not a math or a numbers person, but I do know how to use a map and compass, to travel cross-country on foot, and to do accurate property surveys, the numbers would not be complicated. All measurements would be taken from the center of old Santa Fe, (that would be the bench mark used to navigate, or lay out other points on the map). Azimuth and range, would only require a number to represent degrees and a number to represent range/distance, For example Taos, would be about 28 degrees north and about 60 miles. For longitude and latitude, we would need numbers for degrees, minutes and seconds, again, these are not complicated numbers. Cartesian coordinates,(X,Y) would just be miles, East or West and North of Santa Fe. Basically simple numbers. HTH
06-26-2013, 11:45 AM,
If followed precisely
Why the big ole long poem if he's just going to hand us GPS coordinates?
06-26-2013, 02:27 PM,
If followed precisely
Maybe hidden coordinates? I am not a big fan of complicated mathematical solutions, but maybe something hidden in the words???

Just a random thought that popped into my head when reading this.....

Begin it (W)here (W)arm waters ...... The W meaning west. Begin it west here, West arm waters. I haven't given this any further thought, but maybe there's a solution along this line of thinking. I did find the following link that could relate somehow. http://books.google.com/books?id=4LkKAAA...ns&f=false

I hope that made sense to someone! Haha
06-26-2013, 02:29 PM,
If followed precisely
What ever happened to "Don't over think it"?
06-26-2013, 02:40 PM,
If followed precisely
@James-perotti

That is why it is called a treasure hunt and not I give you the treasure here are the coordinates.

I think it can be found with just the poem and the subtle hints in the book. Have you been out looking for it?

06-26-2013, 04:40 PM,
If followed precisely
He said give it to a child (the poem). I have a hard time thinking that many kids are up on GPS coordinates or the math. The poem is simple its some of the landmarks you won't find on google.
06-26-2013, 05:04 PM,
If followed precisely
Ok, Thanks guys, I had for gotten what Mr. Fenn said about the chest not being a door prize. I agree that he meant that we actually have to look for it. I still don't see though, how anyone could go "confidently straight to the chest", from simply reading the words as they appear in the poem, if that was the case, why would anyone care about when the next clue is coming out? It's been over 3 years, that should be sufficient evidence, that finding the chest, is not as simple as reading the words as they appear. Tell me, how is searching for numbers, any different than manipulating the words and letters into crosswords and anagrams? Thanks for your replies, they are appreciated.
06-26-2013, 06:16 PM,
If followed precisely
James,

Forrest said "It's not impossible, but not easy either". He's telling us that the answer is in the poem, but you have to read it over and over to find the solution. I have kept those thoughts in mind in uncovering what he wants us to know.

I have noticed that some searchers have spent so much time focused on possible clues (even though Fenn has said the book only contains hints)in the book, that the poem seems to be taking a back seat. Personally, I have taken Forrest at his word and not purchased his book (something I will do after I've given up looking). "The only thing you need is the poem, but you may find hints in the book". What if the meanings behind the "hints" are as difficult as the poem to understand? But this is only my opinion.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Precisely to the spot? romeofoxtrot 49 28,863 05-06-2016, 07:57 PM
Last Post: romeofoxtrot