Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I don’t get this sub
05-07-2019, 05:14 PM,
I don’t get this sub
Enlighten me
08-23-2019, 02:07 PM,
RE: I don’t get this sub
I'm guessing this is the section of the board where one would speculate whether or not the treasure hunt is a hoax.

If FF actually intends to become a legend, and have his name spoken around campfires for centuries to come, then the treasure can never be found, but it must always be plausible that it exists.

Now I'm a cynic, and I don't discount the possibility. We live in an age where kids on the internet can find the exact location on earth of a flag, inside of a room with almost no clues but the sunlight coming through a window, in a matter of a few days. (Google the HWNDU flag)

Therefore if his intent is to become immortal through having his name attached to a lost treasure, there really can be no actual treasure, because once it's found people will stop looking or caring about it, and him along with it.

But I think whether or not there is a pot of gold, the poem does point to a real place -some private spot the guy felt was spiritually significant to him, or particularly beautiful and hidden, and I like those kinds of places. I've got one or two of my own back East. I'd like to stand in that place of his. The treasure to me would be just the proof that I had indeed located the spot. If I ever found it, I might take some, and put the rest in my own spot.

"Alone I sought a place among the silent peaks, following a frozen stream where snow on either side banked the trees to their icy necks.... This was no place for men, but a place for gods to linger, a place to wait in silence for the world to end."
08-25-2019, 11:09 AM,
RE: I don’t get this sub
(08-23-2019, 02:07 PM)Sorry Deuce Wrote: I'm guessing this is the section of the board where one would speculate whether or not the treasure hunt is a hoax.

If FF actually intends to become a legend, and have his name spoken around campfires for centuries to come, then the treasure can never be found, but it must always be plausible that it exists.

Now I'm a cynic, and I don't discount the possibility. We live in an age where kids on the internet can find the exact location on earth of a flag, inside of a room with almost no clues but the sunlight coming through a window, in a matter of a few days. (Google the HWNDU flag)

Therefore if his intent is to become immortal through having his name attached to a lost treasure, there really can be no actual treasure, because once it's found people will stop looking or caring about it, and him along with it.

But I think whether or not there is a pot of gold, the poem does point to a real place -some private spot the guy felt was spiritually significant to him, or particularly beautiful and hidden, and I like those kinds of places. I've got one or two of my own back East. I'd like to stand in that place of his. The treasure to me would be just the proof that I had indeed located the spot. If I ever found it, I might take some, and put the rest in my own spot.

Good thoughts SD. I think I would take the chest and leave the rest...or take the rest and leave the chest.